Thread: Trying to make a new archer mod, but the bow is invisible until they fire. Help plz!

Icon1 Trying to make a new archer mod, but the bow is invisible until they fire. Help plz!

So, I'm relatively new to modding. I've made 4 or 5 new units over the past month or so and had absolutely no issues. That is until yesterday. I'm trying to make an Empire Ranger unit, using the bretonnia squire skin, and custom projectile stats for the arrows.

I've made a custom ranged unit before, but now everything I try doesn't seem to be working anymore. I have a custom missile_weapon_table and a custom projectiles_table. I've even tried delving into missile_weapons_to_projectiles_table, as well as projectile_displays_table (some of the spelling may be off in this post, but I have quadruple checked everything is spelled correctly in the mod).

I've been pouring over anything online, but I can't seem to find anything that works. I had some issues with trying to switch a sword and shield unit to a greatsword too (same issue). I've changed the battle_animations and I made sure that all the animations are linked to the proper cultures. So I really have no clue what I may be doing wrong.

If anyone can help, please please give me any idea or let me know if I may have missed something. I'm new to these forums (and modding tbh) so sorry if I'm slow to reply.

Thanks!
    NovemberNova48

And I'm not sure what's going on, but now, regardless of what bow variant mesh I put on the variantmeshdefinitions the bow never shows up until they actually fire the bow. The arrow doesn't show up when they draw back either. I don't think I've ever had this issue before.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice on this. I feel like I'm missing something, but I have zero idea what it may be.
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 19, 2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Default Re: Trying to make a new archer mod, but the bow is invisible until they fire. Help plz!

So something new that I noticed, is that when I add a custom bow texture, the animation will change the bow back to vanilla for the animation, then when they idle, the custom texture returns. Does anyone have a fix for this or am I just screwed?