Thread: Noob question bout units stats

Default Noob question bout units stats

Hi,

I'm totally new to this wonderfull mod. I am only used to vanilla, where differences between units stats are more noticable at first sight (a pretorian unit will have an attack value 10 times that of a spearmen levy). First, I had the feeling that in DeI, all units have more or less between 5 and 10 in attack and defense, made me think that elite units are not such devastating as in vanilla. But after playing a couple a battles, it became obviously that there is still a huge difference between unit tiers and classes.

So my question, sorry if it sounds total noob, is the following : how to evaluate the comparative strength of the units ? Is for example weapon damage that is truly making the difference ?

Default Re: Noob question bout units stats

That and AP damage - macemen, for example, have low damage, but 80% of it directly circumvents armour.

Generally speaking everything is simple - if it looks armoured there is a decent chance that it's ok. If not - it's probably trash. Unless it's using a two-handed weapon. Also, roughly 75% of barbarian hobos with swords will get everything else rekt. Despite being [partially] naked.
    Romans OP.
    Nomads horse archers of apocalypsis.
    That's pretty much sums it up.

Default Re: Noob question bout units stats

Quote Originally Posted by Plush_Salmon View Post
    Generally speaking everything is simple - if it looks armoured there is a decent chance that it's ok. If not - it's probably trash. Unless it's using a two-handed weapon. Also, roughly 75% of barbarian hobos with swords will get everything else rekt. Despite being [partially] naked.
    Romans OP.
    Nomads horse archers of apocalypsis.
    That's pretty much sums it up.
    Best description ever ... and most accurate