Thread: Unique campaign_character_art_sets

Default Unique campaign_character_art_sets

Hi
    Someone know how to fix option "is custom" in table campaign_character_art_sets? Because now it works only for faction leaders (Art set id: [faction key]_daimyo - and then any faction leader from selected faction use it), when I want add unique uniforms for other characters. If I try create new art set id (for example: Character_Tar_Miriel) with "is custom" and I add this art set id to character in startpos (like this works in Rome II) - this not work, character has one from random art set id. If I disable "is custom" then character has correct uniform, but random characters also can use this uniform.
    Any idea how to fix it? Or maybe is possible disable one from art set id for random characters in scripts?
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Default Re: Unique campaign_character_art_sets

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    Hi
    Someone know how to fix option "is custom" in table campaign_character_art_sets? Because now it works only for faction leaders (Art set id: [faction key]_daimyo - and then any faction leader from selected faction use it), when I want add unique uniforms for other characters. If I try create new art set id (for example: Character_Tar_Miriel) with "is custom" and I add this art set id to character in startpos (like this works in Rome II) - this not work, character has one from random art set id. If I disable "is custom" then character has correct uniform, but random characters also can use this uniform.
    Any idea how to fix it? Or maybe is possible disable one from art set id for random characters in scripts?
    Have you put it faction specific?

If I disable "is custom" then character has correct uniform, but random characters also can use this uniform.
    I don't understand what general you are trying to change the uniform, is the general a faction leader? Or you want to change uniform of a normal general? If the general is a faction leader the "is custom" will auto change the art set to the specific art set every time no matter what you put in startpos. To make this work better for every character to have unique art set it is better to disable all is_custom so that it will not overwrite anything you set in startpos.

(with pack file manager) This is the way to completely remove the "is custom" and not overwrite the factions art_set id you have set in startpos:
    To do this you need to make a patch type mod. Add the tables [agent_uniforms_tables]; [campaign_character_art_sets_tables] [campaign_character_arts_tables]. In table [campaign_character_art_sets] untick all "is custom"(I would also remove the faction column as well and leave it blank) and rename all art_set ids that have the word daimyo(ex: hojo_daimyo rename to hojo) you need to rename this also in table [campaign_character_art_sets_tables] at art_set column and at uniform column and in tabel [agent_uniforms] rename at uniform name (ex:hojo_daimyo to hojo). Save the mod as a patch type so it overwrites the main game files(it only works as a patch type mod).

To add a new art_set id in start pos: first add in [agent_uniforms] your uniform files and add a name(ex:Character_Tar_Miriel) then go in table [campaign_character_arts] clone one existing general and rename with the same name(ex:Character_Tar_Miriel) and change the for your desired portrait etc. Then go to [campaign_character_art_sets_tables] clone an exisiting general and rename him also the same(ex:Character_Tar_Miriel) tick only is male.

Now with this new mod made, that includes a new uniform and a new art_set, go into your startpos.esf and go to your desired character at camapign_env -> camapign_model -> campaign_world -> faction_array -> find your faction ->character array-> find your character (needs to be general) -> character_details click here and rename the penultimate row (ex:general_2 to Character_Tar_Miriel).

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Have you put it faction specific?
    In "campaign_character_art_sets"? Yes, and is the same issue. If "is custom" is enable - character has random uniform, if not, but I set faction - all characters has this uniform :|

Quote Originally Posted by sorinel1991 View Post
    I don't understand what general you are trying to change the uniform, is the general a faction leader? Or you want to change uniform of a normal general? If the general is a faction leader the "is custom" will auto change the art set to the specific art set every time no matter what you put in startpos. To make this work better for every character to have unique art set it is better to disable all is_custom so that it will not overwrite anything you set in startpos.

(with pack file manager) This is the way to completely remove the "is custom" and not overwrite the factions art_set id you have set in startpos:
    To do this you need to make a patch type mod. Add the tables [agent_uniforms_tables]; [campaign_character_art_sets_tables] [campaign_character_arts_tables]. In table [campaign_character_art_sets] untick all "is custom"(I would also remove the faction column as well and leave it blank) and rename all art_set ids that have the word daimyo(ex: hojo_daimyo rename to hojo) you need to rename this also in table [campaign_character_art_sets_tables] at art_set column and at uniform column and in tabel [agent_uniforms] rename at uniform name (ex:hojo_daimyo to hojo). Save the mod as a patch type so it overwrites the main game files(it only works as a patch type mod).

To add a new art_set id in start pos: first add in [agent_uniforms] your uniform files and add a name(ex:Character_Tar_Miriel) then go in table [campaign_character_arts] clone one existing general and rename with the same name(ex:Character_Tar_Miriel) and change the for your desired portrait etc. Then go to [campaign_character_art_sets_tables] clone an exisiting general and rename him also the same(ex:Character_Tar_Miriel) tick only is male.

Now with this new mod made, that includes a new uniform and a new art_set, go into your startpos.esf and go to your desired character at camapign_env -> camapign_model -> campaign_world -> faction_array -> find your faction ->character array-> find your character (needs to be general) -> character_details click here and rename the penultimate row (ex:general_2 to Character_Tar_Miriel).

Hope this helps!
    I know all this. But like I said in first post, in this way other (not unique) characters also can respawn with unique uniform. I don't want this because many unique characters in my mod will be use specific weapon and/or animations (Edit: + it just looks stupid, when on campaign map I have five characters who looks like Tar-Miriel :|)
    Last edited by Sara Temer; January 04, 2020 at 10:58 AM.
    Also mad creator of

(Edit: + it just looks stupid, when on campaign map I have five characters who looks like Tar-Miriel :|)
    When a new general is spawned in the campaign the general will take the uniform of Tar-Miriel? I am not sure how to remove this issue but you can make a work-around it, and make it so it is very less likely for this to happen. Just create a lot of clone generals for example 200-300 clones of generic general uniforms + art sets. Then it will be a chance of 1 to 300 for a general to spawn with that exact uniform and have 2 Tar-Miriel!

Welp, this is not solved for this problem, because always is small chance that new character will receive unique uniform To be honest, I had hope that is possible to block art sets in lua scripts, but I'm not a programmer so, I don't know how to check it
    Also mad creator of

Welp, this is not solved for this problem, because always is small chance that new character will receive unique uniform To be honest, I had hope that is possible to block art sets in lua scripts, but I'm not a programmer so, I don't know how to check it
    Normally if you make the unit faction specific, it works (for generals and colonels). For faction leaders it works also, but, every time you get a new faction leader, it uses the same uniform. This is why i do not use art specific units for generals, colonels and faction leaders, because of that main issue. I just use different sets of art for the main generals, colonels and faction leaders. But in my mod that's no problem. But i do understand with your mod.