Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraqi protesters storm U.S. embassy in Baghdad

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: Iraqi protesters storm U.S. embassy in Baghdad

EDIT: nevermind. Its been confirmed a US strike.
    Last edited by Vanoi; January 02, 2020 at 09:02 PM.

US confirms it was the one who killed them both

Civitate

Well i definitely see an Iranian-American war coming now.

Aaand US just effectively killed anti-government protest movement in Iran.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Hopefully, Iranians will successfully retaliate.
    Lol, we're currently here because of Iranian actions and reactions.

Step 1: Iranian proxies lob rockets at a US base in Kirkuk, killing a contractor
    Step 2: US airstrikes kill 25 Iranian proxies in retaliation
    Step 3: Iranian proxies try to besiege the embassy, per this thread, then fail and leave after US reinforcements are sent there
    Step 4: Another US airstrike kills Qasem mothering Soleimani, one of the main masterminds behind Iran's regional strategy and head of their elite Quds Force, as well as the head of Iraqi Hezbollah (the guys who just tried to storm our embassy)

They're already down to one eye and one nut, and the new year has barely even started. How much more d'you think they're willing to risk here if they have any brains between their ears, with an opponent who has demonstrated that any punch they throw will be answered with one that's twenty-five times harder?

I hate foreign wars and I think this move was stupid.

Only funny part will be Democrats flip flopping on their recent hard on for foreign wars.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I hate foreign wars and I think this move was stupid.

Only funny part will be Democrats flip flopping on their recent hard on for foreign wars.
    Well I'd say Trump is flipping more so that would republicans and they like foreign wars as much as any American. You can't really live down Iraq.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

All around the mulberry bush. The monkey chased the weasel. The monkey thought 'twas all in fun. Pop! goes the weasel.

This puts Iran on notice that we are not putzing around this administration. This is what happened with Isis when he first took over. Lets these asses know that the ones giving the orders are not safe and we will kill them like any other terrorist leader. This does more to prevent war than just having grunts fight and die. None of these leaders can be stupid enough to think they can win, and I doubt many are up to die for Allah in a blaze of glory.

This isn't an election year ploy, but I know how some people think.

Iran's best hope is a Democrat win. Hell can anyone even fathom Sanders in this situation doing anything useful?
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Civitate

Lol prevent war? Is that what you are really telling yourself? You seriously think Iran isn't going to retaliate?

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

More prophetic projection.

ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    All around the mulberry bush. The monkey chased the weasel. The monkey thought 'twas all in fun. Pop! goes the weasel.

This puts Iran on notice that we are not putzing around this administration. This is what happened with Isis when he first took over. Lets these asses know that the ones giving the orders are not safe and we will kill them like any other terrorist leader. This does more to prevent war than just having grunts fight and die. None of these leaders can be stupid enough to think they can win, and I doubt many are up to die for Allah in a blaze of glory.

This isn't an election year ploy, but I know how some people think.

Iran's best hope is a Democrat win. Hell can anyone even fathom Sanders in this situation doing anything useful?
    Yep whacking a key figure in Iran is so going to make them what want to hold hands and exchange beautiful letters. Oh wait how is that working out with North Korea? Maybe Sanders would not actually care and not be close buds with the grotesque house of Saud and we really would not need to care or have not launched the war that caused this problem and then ran beyond poorly. Close your eyes phier and maybe you can forget the GBjt admin never existed and wasted the US windfall of winning the cold war.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Goldwater View Post
    Lol, we're currently here because of Iranian actions and reactions.

Step 1: Iranian proxies lob rockets at a US base in Kirkuk, killing a contractor
    Step 2: US airstrikes kill 25 Iranian proxies in retaliation
    Step 3: Iranian proxies try to besiege the embassy, per this thread, then fail and leave after US reinforcements are sent there
    Step 4: Another US airstrike kills Qasem mothering Soleimani, one of the main masterminds behind Iran's regional strategy and head of their elite Quds Force, as well as the head of Iraqi Hezbollah (the guys who just tried to storm our embassy)

They're already down to one eye and one nut, and the new year has barely even started. How much more d'you think they're willing to risk here if they have any brains between their ears, with an opponent who has demonstrated that any punch they throw will be answered with one that's twenty-five times harder?
    You think US-Iranian hostilities start at, "Iranian proxies lob rockets at a US base in Kirkuk"?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Lol prevent war? Is that what you are really telling yourself? You seriously think Iran isn't going to retaliate?
    Directly no.

That would be suicide.

I'm still waiting for NK to nuke us.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    Directly no.

That would be suicide.

I'm still waiting for NK to nuke us.
    Tell to that to the Taliban. Whats the US gojng to do? Occupy Iran? Airstrikes on Iran itself are incredibly dangerous.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ah I had forgotten about phier's takes.

Anything is possible, but a direct war with the US seems unlikely. More likely Iran will target US allies and maybe US personnel in the region. There's a nonzero chance they'll hit targets in the US, too. Trump could escalate it into all-out war, but it's just very poor timing for that right now.
    Last edited by Prodromos; January 02, 2020 at 11:09 PM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Anything is possible, but a direct war with the US seems unlikely. More likely Iran will target US allies and maybe US forces in the region. There's a nonzero chance they'll hit targets in the US, too. Trump could escalate it into all-out war, but it's just very poor timing for that right now.
    It's the wrong century for it. Iran could tank a significant portion of the world economy and their threshold for aggression is still relatively unknown. I don't know what could really set Iran off.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Well I'd say Trump is flipping more so that would republicans and they like foreign wars as much as any American. You can't really live down Iraq.
    Its not flipping when the Iranian sponsored proxies attacked and killed an American. Trump has tried again and again to avoid war with Iran/Syria. I don’t support war and I don’t support foreign occupation; but Iran is begging for it at this point.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    More prophetic projection.

Trump tweets continue to age like cottage cheese.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Barry Goldwater's Avatar Mr. Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Love Mountain View Post
    You think US-Iranian hostilities start at, "Iranian proxies lob rockets at a US base in Kirkuk"?
    In this particular context? I'd think that was obvious.