Thread: 1.2.5b & Marshals of Alexander Update Released!

Icon4 1.2.5b & Marshals of Alexander Update Released!

1.2.5b & Marshals of Alexander Released!

--> Download <--

A new version of the mod and a new update for the Alexander submod have been released! This new mod update brings changes to the supply system, battle updates, new units, and lots of fixes. The Alexander update features the Marshals of Alexander, new historical characters that can be recruited as captain units in the submod campaign. Make sure to check out the Alexander campaign if you haven't yet! Big thanks to Seleukos and Jake for the work on the Alexander update!

Patch Notes

New Alexander Submod Update (Preview)
    - Marshals of Alexander released! Special historical characters now available for recruitment.
    - Some additions to Persian roster.
    - Alexander should now only be wounded in battles rather than killed (new campaign only)

Battle Changes
    - Added AI bracing for infantry without ranged weapons.
    - Lowered the power of elephant and cavalry charge
    - Shield melee defence increased by 1, missile block chance increased by 5%
    - Lowered overall morale penalties for casualties, increased morale penalty when 75% of starting troops are either routed or dead
    - Fixed game bug where elephants without towers have 50% of HP of elephants with towers

Supply System Changes
    The changes here are intended to make the supply system a bit more meaningful and impactful during campaigns.
    - Slightly lowered the base resupply values and total supply caps for all regions.
    - Increased supply consumption, especially when an army is foraging (making supply lines more important).
    - Decreased starting supply values in all regions (new campaigns only)

RoR Rosters
    - Changed the Nuragic roster in the RoR campaign to use their own units rather than Celtic units.
    - Updated various units in Roman, Italian and Greek rosters to use some of the newer assets.

New Belgic Remi Heavy Cavalry Unit
    - New unit added to the Nervii roster in CiG and the Grand Campaign.
    - Preview of the new unit can be seen here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Other Changes/Fixes

- Fixed various ancillaries missing proper database entries from vanilla. Hopefully fixes some of the issues where ancillaries get assigned but don't show up.
    - Updated Rome, Ardiaei, Cimbri and various other unit cards.
    - Changed various effects for agent background skills to remove old/unused effects.
    - Changed Athens AOR unit from Thorax to Thureos to better match the local roster.
    - Fixed Caledonian heavy horse unit not being recruitable in campaign.
    - Small buff to barbarian war hall and port building effects.
    - Added new text tooltips for unit upgrade button to better help explain the system.
    - Fixed various bodyguard units missing proper unit sets so that attributes will properly work on them.
    - Slightly lowered CAI budget for navies.
    - Fixed the commander trait giving ammunition bonuses to non-missile troop types.
    - Fixed Numidians being able to recruit Ethiopian Spearmen unit.
    - Lowered diplomatic bonus from releasing troops (previously set too high)
    - Fixed some starting Seleucid and Ardiaei generals being able to recruit the wrong bodyguard units (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Etruscan marines missing javelins and 2 nomad units missing leggings.

Credits
    - Thanks yet again to sourav for all the unit card work!
    - KAM for all the hard work on battles and generally keeping me sane.
    - Seleukos and Jake for the amazing work on the new Marshals update!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: 1.2.5b & Marshals of Alexander Update Released!

Keep it up!

Guys, if you have any idea how to improve more the alexander's scenario then just say your piece.
    Any idea is welcomed.

and btw happy new year

New decade starts well I see with DeI PS: Loving Alexander even thought they are the punching bags, Persians need more love

Is there some link to download 1.2.5a Part 1? I specifically do not like the card changes made to some Roman units in 1.2.5b, so I would like to revert to the previous one. Was using the Steam version, but since it updates automatically, now switched to standalone. However, no 1.2.5a download that I can find anywhere.

Does the marshals update come with the Alexander submod or it's a sub-submod of its own?

Great work Dresden. Any news on the Athens unit reskins?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by kpagcha View Post
    Does the marshals update come with the Alexander submod or it's a sub-submod of its own?
    It's included in the Alexander submod.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios Megalos View Post
    Is there some link to download 1.2.5a Part 1? I specifically do not like the card changes made to some Roman units in 1.2.5b, so I would like to revert to the previous one. Was using the Steam version, but since it updates automatically, now switched to standalone. However, no 1.2.5a download that I can find anywhere.
    The google download of the standalone has previous version options. Should be the first link.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 02, 2020 at 07:01 PM.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The google download of the standalone has previous version options. Should be the first link.
    Thank you for the reply. It doesn't seem to work for me, I simply get the error that "preview isn't working" and there is no way I can choose the version I'd like. The download is automatically 1.2.5b. I wonder whether the error is at my end or if there's an alternate dl link?

This should be the previous part 1 version http://www.mediafire.com/file/lu4639...aPart1.7z/file

Note: if you want just the unit cards, you can add the ui folder from the above link to the new part 1 and overwrite it in PFM. Just open the new part 1 in PFM, choose import from pack, and open the old part 1 from above. Then find /ui/ and add that. Then save.

Thank you!