Thread: Difficult to understand how the game works

Default Difficult to understand how the game works

(automatically translated)
    Hello everyone, I'm Mariulin.
    I have installed 3KTW for a couple of days.
    Having previously played most of the TW titles since the first Rome, I was used to installing and starting a campaign without even thinking about it; the game mechanism has always been easy and intuitive to me, the new features introduced from time to time have always seemed easily acquired during the campaign.
    With 3K, on the other hand, I'm finding myself in difficulty; the interface seems complicated, brainy, confused.
    For example, I stopped the campaign a few minutes ago because I was exasperated by not being able to figure out how to assign a governor to a settlement; a really irritating affair.
    Is it just my impression or has anyone else encountered the same difficulties?
    I wish everyone a good evening.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Difficult to understand how the game works

I had the same experience. The game User Interface is beautiful but it is very difficult to understand initially. I fear there is no alternative except perseverance. That said you may want to go to check the semi official Youtube tutorial video. It might help you.

Cheers

3k can be overwhelming, dont feel turned off by it. Any veteran of the series took plenty of time to figure it all out. Most people I know spent over an hour just getting used to it and feeling just as lost as you.

To assign a governor (admin)
    Click your court icon (2nd button from left) on the top left of the screen.

Then if you have an open admin slot, click the + symbol in the box then chose the character on the right hand side (cant be performing an assignment).
    Next screen select a city from the panel on the right.

Theres actually more than one way do to it, but i find this easiest.

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Gein View Post
    I had the same experience. The game User Interface is beautiful but it is very difficult to understand initially. I fear there is no alternative except perseverance. That said you may want to go to check the semi official Youtube tutorial video. It might help you.

Cheers

Thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Havie View Post
    3k can be overwhelming, dont feel turned off by it. Any veteran of the series took plenty of time to figure it all out. Most people I know spent over an hour just getting used to it and feeling just as lost as you.

To assign a governor (admin)
    Click your court icon (2nd button from left) on the top left of the screen.

Then if you have an open admin slot, click the + symbol in the box then chose the character on the right hand side (cant be performing an assignment).
    Next screen select a city from the panel on the right.

Theres actually more than one way do to it, but i find this easiest.

Thank you for answering.

Same here. I'd like to know what happened to having a game one can jump into and just kick some ass.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers