Thread: General Listed as Family but not showing in Family Tree

Default General Listed as Family but not showing in Family Tree

my first campaign in SS i play Portugal, quite nice overall but i noticed something is missing, when i started the campaign i have one general listed as family but not showing in my family tree. Suprisingly i get married option for him eventually son coming out of age later of the games. Kinda funie and i have extra General to use..!! anyway, toward the later games, all my generals enter 30 yrs plus and not marriying or princess married but not bore any children!! OMG...!!! i already captured the whole iberia and northern africa and still no marry option or any children born...!!!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: General Listed as Family but not showing in Family Tree

There is a hard coded limit to how many generals you are supposed to have for a given number of provinces.
    Underage family members -even babies- are counted toward that limit.
    So, if you are given opportunities to adopt the "man of the hour" and you take them, you are going to cap that limit and there will be no available "slots" left for children to be born.
    If you stop adopting and you continue to increase the number of provinces in your domain, eventually your married family members will become fertile.

About the one general in question, did you try to scroll the family tree view left or right?

their are some family members that have hidden family and only the family tree will be seen if he becomes king or heir i think,but if he is a family member he surly is in the family tree but then in the hidden family tree,you can make a trait to see if he already got children or not,that would make it easier to see if he got already a son or a daughter.
    like this trait,this only covers 1 child but you can make it to 4 if you want lol ;
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {BecomesAFatherf}Has Children{BecomesAFatherf_desc}this man has seen at least one child born, his child!
    {BecomesAFatherf_effects_desc}+1 Fertility

;------------------------------------------
    Trait BecomesAFatherf
    Characters family

Level BecomesAFatherf
    Description BecomesAFatherf_desc
    EffectsDescription BecomesAFatherf_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

Effect Fertility 1

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger Childborn_notice
    WhenToTest CharacterBecomesAFather

Condition Trait BecomesAFatherf = 0

Affects BecomesAFatherf 1 Chance 100

The family member/family tree translation isnt quite perfect.
    Generals will sometimes be refered to as family members, even if they are clearly not.
    Then there are some factions that are set up with multiple family trees, but youll only see the tree with your ruler in it (Eastern Roman Empire is a good example).

Seems like poor coding, but in real life after a number of generations, the family tree would get ridiculously large...
    So I tend to ignore the "family member" generals and just concentrate on the ones actually in the tree.
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!