Thread: MAARC LXXXIV - The Winners!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXXIV - The Winners!

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

MAARC LXXXIV

Congratulations to the winners!

In FIRST PLACE is Written in Sand by Kilo11, a much-admired tale which rewards readers with an ambitious leader and a wise commander, Mun'at Ha'Qadri, and with vivid descriptions of places, people and culture. Written in Sand recently won second place in AAR of the Year, and Kilo11 is our newest holder of the Writers' Study Gold Competition Medal and a worthy first-place winner of our 84th MAARC. With this win, Kilo11 earns three Writers' Study competition points and becomes the all-time joint fourth highest-ranking writer on the Writers' Study Scoreboard.

In SECOND PLACE is
    Aed, Circenn and the Sea by DreamKing. As Welsh Dragon said, this is a tale of a once great kingdom fallen on hard times, as "sorrows begot sorrows" and "the Vikings came crashing into Britannia's shores." This is an intriguing and promising AAR from a new writer who earns two Writers' Study competition points with this win - hopefully, the first of many!

Thanks to all those who submitted and those who voted, and many congratulations to our winners!

The submission thread is here, the original voting thread is here, and the tie-break thread is here.
    Last edited by Alwyn; December 30, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: MAARC LXXXIV - The Winners!

Congratulations Kilo11 and DreamKing for your worthy victories. I hope that this will encourage you both to continue your writing and aim ever higher in your goals.

Also thank you to the other entrants and everyone who voted.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

YOOOOOOOOO This is so nice!!! Second place!!!! Incredible. I'm glad you guys liked my story. Its the first I've ever done for Total War and its already dear to me. Thank you to Welsh and Alwynn, you guys have been there since the first entry.

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Congratulations Kilo11 and DreamKing! Thank you Alwyn for running MAARC LXXXIV!

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Congrats you guys! Great work as always Kilo11, congrats on attaining that gold medal, and well done to you DreamKing!

Thanks for running the MAARC guys, always a pleasure to see it run

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Thanks to all the voters and entrants, and especially to the readers. I think I speak for all the writers here when I say that we write partly for ourselves, but also for the entertainment and enjoyment of all of you, and it's always great to see some appreciation from all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamKing View Post
    YOOOOOOOOO This is so nice!!! Second place!!!! Incredible. I'm glad you guys liked my story. Its the first I've ever done for Total War and its already dear to me. Thank you to Welsh and Alwynn, you guys have been there since the first entry.
    DreamKing, you have definitely earned the win here. You may be newer around here, but your story is coming along really nicely, and I, for one, am enjoying the tale of your warriors at world's end
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing