Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 001

They still are and idk why the bulgarians attacked me. The aghalbids haven't attacked me but I will attacked them when im up for it. So I would have to click on another faction icon then the lombards to play as whatever faction I want. Is that right?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

yes, like that

So far most things are great for an alpha version, the only consistently game-breaking issue is battles at forts. The AI is particularly bizarre when sallying out, some gates don't open while others do (with units stuck behind or in front of them and rams not able to interact with them) and the surrounding terrain where the attacker deploys is terrible (both aesthetically and practically with impassable terrain separating the two armies almost everywhere).

which forts do you mean? maybe do some screenshots
    i´m reworking the fort right now, as some of them aren´t meant to show up as intended

So how exactly does the HRE/Iron Crown of Lombardy work? I have taken all the Eastern March lands, as well as all Italian cities required for the Iron Crown mission, but I have not become the HRE? I read another post by Tartaros that says I have to wait until turn 360/936 AD? I really don't want to be waiting around to use the more varied HRE roster, so is there any way I can edit the event trigger to just become the HRE, now that I have all the required territories?

no, you need to wait. there´s no way around the turn times.
    we triggered the event to it´s historical date.
    the iron crown script is unfinished too (no rewards and ancillary. you could edit the script to an earlier date, but this is not savegame.

Hello TGC team,
    thank you for sharing this public alpha.
    I am having a good time with this mod.
    I wanted to comment on a few small things:
    There is the grain resource building that doesn't add farm income, if other farm buildings are present, as only the maximum value in the edb is used.
    A workaround is putting farming_level bonus 1 instead of farming_level 1. I have to remark, that this appears from tests to only give bonus if already a value is present, for instance already one farm building present.

For my taste the Royal palace and Estates could provide additional recruitment slots.
    One way to achieve this, is to give them add recruitment_slots bonus 2, respectively 1 which is an additive bonus to the maximum value of the existing buildings.

I was surprised to see my trade income explode, after building the caravan building.
    In the edb the building has the effect trade_level_bonus bonus 4, which multiplies the trade income by 4, in comparison to trade_income_bonus 4, which multiplies the trade income by 1.4.
    I think that these 2 multipliers are applied multiplicative and not additive.

Thank you for the effort you have put in this mod.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Taking the "pass" from _tartaros_' post I would like to remind you :
    Every historical event apears and craters its efects in its historical date.
    Your goal is to maintain your state as it will be formed after several missions, clear it from any rebels, exterminate rival or raiding factions and finaly reach the date 1071AD or in game 6579 AM.
    The mod's victory conditions are under developer but even if a single PSF in your teritory is rebel or belongs to another faction in 1071 no matter how many regions you will conquer by then it will be a defeat.
    That is because we try to "link" the mod with the starting date of most mods and vanilla game as well.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainhouzhe View Post
    Hello TGC team,
    thank you for sharing this public alpha.
    I am having a good time with this mod.
    I wanted to comment on a few small things:
    There is the grain resource building that doesn't add farm income, if other farm buildings are present, as only the maximum value in the edb is used.
    A workaround is putting farming_level bonus 1 instead of farming_level 1. I have to remark, that this appears from tests to only give bonus if already a value is present, for instance already one farm building present.

For my taste the Royal palace and Estates could provide additional recruitment slots.
    One way to achieve this, is to give them add recruitment_slots bonus 2, respectively 1 which is an additive bonus to the maximum value of the existing buildings.

I was surprised to see my trade income explode, after building the caravan building.
    In the edb the building has the effect trade_level_bonus bonus 4, which multiplies the trade income by 4, in comparison to trade_income_bonus 4, which multiplies the trade income by 1.4.
    I think that these 2 multipliers are applied multiplicative and not additive.

Thank you for the effort you have put in this mod.
    thank you for your feedback. i´ve added two ideas from you for testing purpuse (recruitmentslots for estates and grain bonus instead of level).
    the trade explosion is kind of wanted, but a bit to much for some regions. i lowered the numbers for testing, too. some cities get cashcows after some upgrades.

In the 1000 campaign, will the Papacy play a bigger role? Will there be Crusades and Jihads?

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Probably just Normans beating everybody up

Why do I need a username and password to play another faction? I tried to play as Kiev and a username and password showed up. I thought multiplayer was the only one to play hotseat not The Great Conflict?

you got into wrong campaignsetting...

When you start, go for: "single player" - and then "The Great Conflicts"

The mod looks pretty nice to me. I'm playing with the bulgarians, but i get a constant CTD at turn 8 and i can't get past it. I installed the patch, but it still crashes.

Hello,
    and welcome to the forum. it´s your first post here .

running the 4 GB patch (in the optional download) is highly recommanded. after installing patch 001 you need to start a new campaign , as it´s not savegame.
    You can upload the savegame (save it with 7zip) + the logfile (found in TGC/logs).
    Regards

Question. I work in an older version of TGC's data. Without any CTds and without any 4GB patch? I have W7 x64 Ultimate and M2TW/Kingdoms. Never heard of such a patch. What is it for?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

in my experience, windows 7 and 10 is the most stable in regards of me2tw.

the 4 GB patch enable the kingdoms.exe make use of more than 2GB (default) of RAM for the game. the vanilla kingdoms.exe would only adress 2GB at max. the patch can double this and in effect makes the game much more stable.

Why is there a hotseat when I want to play the other factions?

TGC´s scripts need hotseat features. but the campaign is a "normal" one.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    in my experience, windows 7 and 10 is the most stable in regards of me2tw.

the 4 GB patch enable the kingdoms.exe make use of more than 2GB (default) of RAM for the game. the vanilla kingdoms.exe would only adress 2GB at max. the patch can double this and in effect makes the game much more stable.
    Without that patch and in HD resilution (1920 x 1080 ) with normal size units and I have only random CTDs. The topic that you added the link has been edited by moderators.