Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020

your welcome. iīve updated the firstpost to explain it with more details

Siphonatores are missing their fire stream animation effects.

I'm enjoying the mod so far; it's very stable for an alpha release.

I'm playing as the Roman Empire, and I was wondering if I'm able to recruit tagmatic armies outside of Constantinople? Are there certain population capitals I can recruit from, or am I only limited to recruitment in Constantinople itself?

I cannot get the mod to open to full screen. I have a wide screen monitor and the game only opens in small window in the upper left corner. I tried adding "windowed=true" and "borderless_window=true" in the medieval2preference.cfg file but that did not fix the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

turn windowed, borderless window and widescreen to 0 instead of true

find the CFG file located in \Medieval II Total War\mods\TGC , change it there

Does Venice start as a part of the Roman Empire? In the campaigns I've tried, it starts as a rebel settlement and it has the rebel settlement faction flag.
    Also, I'm having a CTD during turns 8-10 consistently in the Roman Campaigns I've started.
    The units look great and the map is great. I'll make a list on some of the things I've noticed.
    Last edited by antiochos_hierax; January 15, 2020 at 12:58 AM.

Here to report a CTD in my Roman campaign turn 20, during the Rebel faction turn. Save file and log attached to this message.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/nrzg2nlwj1cp5cd/system.log.txt/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eo8kdttbbdj0xla/Autosave.sav/file

Also I should report that the paulician rebellion event got bugged when I loaded a save file just before the scripted battle took place.
    Last edited by juanplay; January 15, 2020 at 01:37 AM.

turn 20 ctd is most likely a script bug, after 20 turns the CAI is getting more aggressive. turn 8 ctd can very well be the venicescript.
    The log donīt show any details about the crash. i will look into the savegame.
    always try to reproduce the ctd. they can very well be random ctdīs.

Reloading the Paulican script is tricky atm. the game donīt recognize everything prior correctly - best is, to play it in one go, at least untill the scripted battle is over.

regarding venice, they are the latest faction addition (not playable) and not finalized with everything. there roster is still very much wip. Anthonius is working on it.

The capital is the only place where every faction can get itīs most elite units from. itīs the place of power and very important to protect it at every time.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 15, 2020 at 02:14 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

For those that want to install other letter fonts than vanilla be worned that many descriptions will be damaged including city names, unit names in native language of theirs and others.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Congrats guys! I wish I would have time to download and play this

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Hi guys, I've just downloaded the mod, and am having loads of fun. I'm 21 turns in to a campaign as Arab Crete, with no sign of any CTDs or problems of that nature. My nitpicks and suggestions from a first couple of hours of gameplay are below- hope these are useful!

- The initial welcome text has quite a few spelling mistakes, which I've cleaned up- see spoiler below.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ORIGINAL
    The game begins in the year 872 and utilizes a seasonal turn system. There are four turns per year (3 summer and 1 winter) and characters age 1 year each cycle.

SETTLEMENTS: All settlements are now cities. Forts are Minorcities with a battlemap variety of Large Towns and Cities. Each Minorcity is supporting 3 free upkeep units.

FLEETS:You will notice that most ships arnīt made for deepwater and are only able to sail near the shore. You need higher developed Military Ports to build heavy Warships, able to cross the mediterrainian sea without trouble.

GAMEPLAY OF TGC: Some advises how to avoid bad surprises: Avoid high taxes in your City - set taxes on normal. If you have to, try to avoid higher taxes for longer time. Your population might more likely revolt and your governor earns bad traits for mismanagement (not keeping his subjects happy) and corruption (more taxes - more opportunities). Most cities will also slow down the populationgrowth too. \n\nIf you play with a roleplayaspect, avoid to adoped or accept "Man of the Hour" - they get royal familymembers and ruin your dynastic bloodlines. \n\nGenerals have a much higher movementrange than captains. Always try you create armies with a family member in charge. After one turn you get a significant movementbonus for the army.

Money:Be careful with your Money. If you going into the negativ, your expensive hired mercenary units together with other factional units will abandon you. No Money, no service. On the other side, if you manage your empire well enough and even build up a tresury at the end of every seasons (at least more than 10.000 Nomisma), your characters will earn better traits and skills.

MY EDIT
    The game begins in the year 872AD and utilizes a seasonal turn system. There are four turns per year (3 summer and 1 winter) and characters age one year each cycle.\n\nSETTLEMENTS:\n\nAll settlements are now cities. Forts are Minor Settlements with a battlemap variety of Large Towns and Cities. Each Minor Settlement can support 3 free upkeep units.\n\nFLEETS:\n\nYou will notice that most ships arenīt made for deep water and are only able to sail near the shore. You need higher developed Military Ports to build heavy Warships, able to cross the Mediterranean Sea without trouble.\n\nGAMEPLAY OF TGC\n\nSome advice how to avoid unpleasant surprises: Avoid setting high taxes in your cities - set taxes on normal. If you have to, try to avoid higher taxes for longer time. Your population might more likely revolt, but more importantly your governor earns bad traits for mismanagement (not keeping his subjects happy) and corruption (more taxes - more opportunities). Most cities will also slow down the population growth too. \n\nIf you play with a roleplay aspect, avoid adoptions or accepting a "Man of the Hour" – these characters become royal family members and ruin your dynastic bloodlines. \n\nGenerals have a much higher movement range than captains. Always try to create armies with a family member in charge. After one turn you get a significant movement bonus for the army. \n\nMoney:\n\nBe careful with your money. If you going into the negative, your expensive hired mercenary units together with other factional units will abandon you. No money = no service. On the other side, if you manage your empire well enough and even build up a treasury at the end of every season (at least more than 10.000 Nomisma), your characters will earn better traits and skills.

- The select heir text needs a total rework- I'd do this myself, but I can't find it in the game files!

- "Minorcity" should not be one word. In my edit above, I've suggested replacing it with "Minor Settlement".

- Arab names still have "_" appearing on screen. For example, "Al_Donald_Trump" as opposed to "Al Donald Trump"... very good Arab name there...

- There seem to be an awful lot of storms- maybe the frequency should be turned down? I lost two FMs on consecutive turns sailing a fleet to Cyrenaica.

- This is a matter of personal taste, but to me, the map is unmanageably large, and makes it difficult to keep track of troops- but I suspect this can't be changed now!

- Cultures. I notice there's a Romanesque and a European culture- could these be merged? Merging, I'd suggest, would allow room for an "Eastern Christian" culture to represent Armenians, Copts, etc, who were still very much the majority population in Egypt and Syria in the ninth century. In terms of cultural names, could I suggest replacing "Roman" with "Romaic" (for the language, Romaikos, of the Romaoi), and replacing "Romanesque" with "Latin"?

- Battlemap pathfinding isn't great- I found it quite difficult to wheel my cavalry around for flanking manoeuvres.

- The Roman campaign map captain still has the vanilla model.

- There's a building called "Slavery is a crime", with no description- what's this?

- The fishmarket building chain needs renaming, and descriptions adding.

- Could brief unit descriptions be added to the Cretan units?

Hope all of the above is useful!

thanks for the text work.
    most members in the team are no native english speakers. this is very much appreciated.

to ask you observations:

storms are intended that much. there are different classes of ships. light ships are garbage and can only sail in costal areas. oversea transports should be very risky. heavy ship can sail everywhere and over much more security.

culture renaming is a possibility. romanesque and european culture serves as difficulty for the frankish empire (later HRE) in the italian areas. copts and armenians arenīt that important in TGCīs focus. Armenians show up as factional roster, but they are no playable faction. a culture isnīt that usefull compared to the italian peninsula (pope, lombards and later normans, kalbids)

lotīs of stratmap agents and figures are still vanilla because of wip
    same for the placeholder buildings like slavery, fishmarkets a.s.o. feel free to add some fitting text there. itīs most welcome

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    storms are intended that much. there are different classes of ships. light ships are garbage and can only sail in costal areas. oversea transports should be very risky. heavy ship can sail everywhere and over much more security.
    Is the AI also affected? How does it cope ? I don't think
    btw - I've tried to start a campaign but I've failed. The game tells me "you start with only one faction" and freezes. Whad should I do?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    btw - I've tried to start a campaign but I've failed. The game tells me "you start with only one faction" and freezes. Whad should I do?
    When you are at the faction select screen Lombards are already selected. So Select the faction you want and UNSELECT lombards (to stop flashing) and then select start.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I had selected three factions and would get this message when entering the map, and after clicking the symbol that shows up the game would freeze for a few seconds- or a minute or something -and then the game got back to normal.

But i got a new screen forcing me to return to the menu shortly thereafter.. The only way to play was by having only one faction selected or you'd be forced back to the menu.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 15, 2020 at 10:52 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    When you are at the faction select screen Lombards are already selected. So Select the faction you want and UNSELECT lombards (to stop flashing) and then select start.
    aaaah, ok, this is the secret :-) thanks

you can look at post #19 the video at 2:15 - 2:50

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

thanks for the text work.
    most members in the team are no native english speakers. this is very much appreciated.
    Happy to keep helping! Below is a rewrite of the Bogomil event text.

The period of TGC is marked by various Christian heresies, including that of the Bogomils. These are now proving to be a dangerous socio-religious movement. They preach that Earth and man-made law is created by Satan and should therefore be opposed. These strange ideas are now mobilising the masses, with the Bogomils calling for civil unrest to overthrow the current order. \n\nThis event adds religious turmoil and Bogomil uprisings in Lovech, Philippoupolis, Sredets, Vereye, Velbazhd and Nish.

Understood, but I think in this case the mod is going too far in the other direction- I've lost now three out of four family members to storms at sea, which to me does seem ahistorically over the top.

culture renaming is a possibility. romanesque and european culture serves as difficulty for the frankish empire (later HRE) in the italian areas. copts and armenians arenīt that important in TGCīs focus. Armenians show up as factional roster, but they are no playable faction. a culture isnīt that usefull compared to the italian peninsula (pope, lombards and later normans, kalbids)
    Reasoning understood.

lotīs of stratmap agents and figures are still vanilla because of wip
    same for the placeholder buildings like slavery, fishmarkets a.s.o. feel free to add some fitting text there. itīs most welcome
    Cool, I'll see what I can come up with!

A few more points:

I had a CTD at the end of turn 24, but the game worked upon reboot and the CTD didn't repeat. Log and savegame nonetheless attached.

The province around Attaleia has an odd name- it looks to me to be Armenian? Is there a reasoning behind this?

POW script rewrite below.

Now that we are no longer at war with these people, emissaries have arrived with lists of Prisoners of War. The Prisoners are mainly lesser nobleman from the border regions, captured garrisons and soldiers from the previous battles. In total, they still demand a payment of 2300 nomisma. Prisoners are kept alive to be sold back in a moment like this. If we refuse, our men will most likely lose their lives, and you as a Leader will rightly lose respect amongst the nobility and the common folk. \n\nShould we accept and pay the money to set our brave soldiers free?
    Last edited by Giorgios; January 15, 2020 at 11:43 AM.

What turn do the Athanoi become available for the Romans?