Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

Did you get a rebellion ? Why ?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by juventinopazzo97 View Post
    Did you get a rebellion ? Why ?
    Remember that TGC is a playable educational tool.
    SO. You will have rebelions based on real historical events. Or if your King's authority will be too low to keep his generals loyal.
    Also based on real historical events you will face rebelions, invasions, dynastic changes , relogion changes etc.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

In my campaign bulgaria got a rebellion, so i noticed that bulgarian special trait about loyalty need a description.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I did get a rebellion a scripted rebellion that of the Kometouloi, a very significant and interesting event. I recommend reading about it. I love to know as much as I possibly can about a subject, I never can but

Edit: The Rebellion of the Frankish Dukes happened, unfortunately I had one of those unidentified CTDs so had to go back couple of seasons. However I have crushed two attacks in the Theme of Longobardia by Beneventum. Whilst the Domestikos continues to push back the Arabs in Syria
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; April 22, 2020 at 04:53 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

we have a system in the bulgarian faction that is pro or against the ERE. it depenmd on the diplomatic relation and the characters preference. both will give then bonus or malus, if the faction is at war or peace with ERE, dependeing on the character and the factionleaders habits.

Allow me to make a suggestion : ERE thematic traits should be developed. After all ERE defence was based on thémata so why not adding more specific traits for characters ?

Specific trait for specific thema of course.

allow me to make an observation :
    - IA seems to not handle very well expenses related to mercenaries
    Last edited by AnthoniusII; April 26, 2020 at 06:01 AM.

I've completely reforged Roman family tree, expanded it and added more dynasties. All on a family tree are members of some dynasty.

Instructions:

-descr_names.txt, export_descr_ancillaries.txt and export_descr_character_traits.txt copy to data
    - export_ancillaries.txt and names.txt copy to data/text (delete their bin files)
    -descr_strat.txt copy to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    and tga files from anc folder copy to data/ui/ancillaries

Requires new campaign

Download:

https://mega.nz/file/Pe4wFY5T#ZNwFu2...RDuWBedpM53Edc

Soon hopefully will do the same for Bulgaria.

Amazing !

nicely done
    i will incoporate this update into patch 003

edit:
    did i missed the text/export_vnvs?
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; April 28, 2020 at 01:27 PM.

Why can't I save my settings, they always get reset after I quit the game/

Try to run the game as administrator, it worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    nicely done
    i will incoporate this update into patch 003

edit:
    did i missed the text/export_vnvs?

At some point I'll write biographies for most characters.

ahh ok, that´s cool. i will replace with a placeholder then.

A little update, I switched positions of Konstantinos and Leo, after all Leo was next emperor
    after Basil. Constantine died very young and didn't play any role in history...

https://mega.nz/file/aeBUECQJ#FgpD3y...1lIvYm1A0E62wI

Copy to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

So I finally reached over 100 turns in this mod, not due to the mods quality, but due to the CTDs. Its with the Franks, and I suffered a few CTDs I think around 20ish turn, which seems to happen with every faction thus far I played. With Franks I decided to re-load 3 turns back if necessary, but it wasn't.

I don't know about other factions, but population growth is definitely way too fast. It would be nice for future, if there was another faction in North Italy to spice things up between Venice, the Franks and Papacy.

I have seen some bizarre AI behavior. Lombard kingdom sent a full captain stack by foot all the way to Aulona, at first I thought they want to attack me or Venice, then Croatia, then Serbia so yes... A minor Croatian army did some weird maneuvers around my and Venice settlements, I forgot to follow it,the Tulunids have two fleets just sitting next to Sicily, Hungarians can't make up their mind with the Horde movement.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; May 02, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    Why can't I save my settings, they always get reset after I quit the game/
    This

If you want to keep your settings then edit cfg file on mods/TGC. First thing I did was to turn up music and speech volume from 70 to 90.
    Last edited by Jale82; May 03, 2020 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    So I finally reached over 100 turns in this mod, not due to the mods quality, but due to the CTDs. Its with the Franks, and I suffered a few CTDs I think around 20ish turn, which seems to happen with every faction thus far I played. With Franks I decided to re-load 3 turns back if necessary, but it wasn't.

I don't know about other factions, but population growth is definitely way too fast. It would be nice for future, if there was another faction in North Italy to spice things up between Venice, the Franks and Papacy.

I have seen some bizarre AI behavior. Lombard kingdom sent a full captain stack by foot all the way to Aulona, at first I thought they want to attack me or Venice, then Croatia, then Serbia so yes... A minor Croatian army did some weird maneuvers around my and Venice settlements, I forgot to follow it,the Tulunids have two fleets just sitting next to Sicily, Hungarians can't make up their mind with the Horde movement.
    thank you for the feedback. 100 turns is a good amount so far. this meens pechengs have spawned and magyars migrated. turn 20 see a change in CAI behavoir (savespace is gone) and many scripts like bogomils - this is most likely the reason for ctd.
    a question: can you toggle_fow and scoll over the eastern part of the map - please check if there´s a map-scoll-ctd (most likely eszak-bug area and former magyars lands).

patch 3 will see some changes regarding public, trade, money and growth to make it harder for any faction. regarding the lombards/croatia/frankish expansion - this is interesting and definitly not intended. seems like some victory conditions might be the problem here. i will going to check this.

a question: can you toggle_fow and scoll over the eastern part of the map - please check if there´s a map-scoll-ctd (most likely eszak-bug area and former magyars lands).
    I did it, nothing happened.

Another thing, the forts having upkeep only for one unit, I don't know about that cause that makes me ignore them more, I see less and less incentive to conquer them or to garrison units, I don't get much by sending one inf. unit to a distant fort from my main settlement. Also would it be possible for FM to re-supply in forts?

thank you. that´s good.
    this could mean the scroll map is somehow linked to horde steppe factions only when horde. wired... anyway, as this ctd is still random too

regarding the forts. i reduced the free upkeep in patch 002, because the player is stockpiling cash at some point. in patch 3 this will go up to 2 (maybe 3) free units per fort again, but instead other buildings in settlements will give less free upkeep. this is mainly to reduce the human player´s advantage against AI factions. i´ve also introducing a script in patch 003 to have a at least one governor in settlement (without, massive negative effects) for the human players - mainly to prevent generals stack armies.