Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Laetus
    The Western Military Frontier of the Empire

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    ok, so the error refernece a broken dll - which is strange
    do you have disk or steam?
    if you have disk, try to reinstall me2tw, if steam, there´s an option to check all files in the steam menue
    Steam version. Already tried that, but it doesn't work. I don't know what to do. Could it be random?

Laetus
    The Western Military Frontier of the Empire

Another problem I encountered is during sieges. Sometimes, the towers are non-targetable and sometimes it's the gates or the gatehouse. I've never encountered this in either vanilla or any other mod.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

ok, never get those problems too. do you remember if the cities are vanilla or custom one?
    regarding the steam version: just install into mods folder and change the exe via start options

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Varangon View Post
    Another problem I encountered is during sieges. Sometimes, the towers are non-targetable and sometimes it's the gates or the gatehouse. I've never encountered this in either vanilla or any other mod.
    I have the CD version of the game. ALSO in my older datas i never encounter that issue plying test campaigns again and again. In some settlements siege towers and ladders were higher than the walls the settlements had. But not that problem.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have steam version, I downloaded and installed just as normal. Apart from renaming the Medieval exe to Kingdoms.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations on the release, looking good.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Hello everybody!

I have a small Easter present (a little late for Catholics, a little early for Ortodox)

A dynasties for some factions in the game and a small bonus...

For Romans there are Macedonian, Argyros, Dalassenos and Phokas.
    Franks have Carolingian, Serbs Vlastimirovic, Croats Domagojevic and Trpimirovic,
    Bulgarians Krum dynasty, Magyars Arpad, Kiev Rurik and Moravia Moymirid dynasty.

All of them have some bonuses for characters and are transferable only trough blood line.

And a small bonus for some building descriptions that lacked...

Instructions:

Files from anc folder (tga files) copy into data/ui/ancillaries

descr_names.txt, export_descr_ancillaries_txt and export_descr_character_traits.txt copy to data

export_ancillaries.txt and export_buildings.txt copy to data/text

descr_strat.txt copy to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

IMPORTANT!

Before launching the game delete export_ancillaries and export_buildings bin files (those are beneath export_ancillaries.txt and export_buildings.txt) in data/text
    The game will generate new.

Download:

https://mega.nz/file/rOxy2IjA#bSCNdw...Hep61qFQSqS6ng

And, yes, it's not save compatible, it requires new game

Update:
    https://mega.nz/file/CWxHHJJR#JBZeVg...CTL7ySuH1lbhaE
    Added dynasties to family tree.
    Last edited by Jale82; April 21, 2020 at 03:51 AM.

I did something similar. I added family dynasty traits (like in EB2) for the Romans. I added Makedon, Argyros, Phokas, Maniakes, Skleros, Doukas, Maleinos families.
    I added Arab raids in the Taurus region (which stop once the player conquers Tarsos), I added a Tarsos sacking event for when the player captures it. Some religious events for when the player takes Antioch and Jerusalem as the Romans.
    I started making a Syrian. Kretan and Italian series of expedition events where the player can nominate a character to be Strategos-Autokrator for that expedition.
    I want to make some events and traits for the Roman-Bulgarian wars along with something regarding the Pope, Lombards vs Romans.
    I'll see if i can get some screenshots if there's any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by antiochos_hierax View Post
    I did something similar. I added family dynasty traits (like in EB2) for the Romans. I added Makedon, Argyros, Phokas, Maniakes, Skleros, Doukas, Maleinos families.
    I added Arab raids in the Taurus region (which stop once the player conquers Tarsos), I added a Tarsos sacking event for when the player captures it. Some religious events for when the player takes Antioch and Jerusalem as the Romans.
    I started making a Syrian. Kretan and Italian series of expedition events where the player can nominate a character to be Strategos-Autokrator for that expedition.
    I want to make some events and traits for the Roman-Bulgarian wars along with something regarding the Pope, Lombards vs Romans.
    Sounds excellent it would not surprise me if many of these ideas do intend to make future versions. I hesitate with regards to 'religious' events concerning the Romans. While there is no doubting piety and religious conviction of Empire, The Romans fought their wars in defense or as re taking the lands for the Empire. Rather than any 'proto-crusade' that has been suggested in much literature.
    I have notice the traits of the domestikos δομέστικος I think it would be nice to see the remaining Strategos of the Themes especially the Άνατολικόν
    θέμα, Anatolikon thema, what you think? where do you go about changing these traits?
    Not that I really wish to start a new campaign yet its going pretty good. Diplomacy is a bit of an issue, especially historically the Serbs, Bulgarians love the Lombards etc etc. I cannot maintain an alliance with anyone let alone get anyone to fight each other
    Though I think perhaps a force diplomacy might be useful for those who just cannot tolerate the AI behaving foolish.
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; April 17, 2020 at 01:05 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

the diplomacy is stripped like this, if the player get to powerfull ar nears the victory conditions, then a diplomatic 2 step aggression takes place.
    first: neighbors, neutral, will start a war,
    if this doesn´t stop you conquering
    second: all factions will fight you, no matter what.

regarding the scripted events and raids, that indeed very good ideas. feel free to create as much as historical possible. we are glad to add them to the build

also the thematic traits are a bit complicate to implant, but they will show up in total at some point

Quote Originally Posted by antiochos_hierax View Post
    Maybe we can merge our work and expand it in the future. My work is still lacking Arab dynasties, I'm working on it,
    don't know how to add Arab names in export_descr_character_traits... If anyone knows...
    This expedition events is brilliant idea, do continue with it, and Arab raids in Anatolia...
    BTW, for dynasties I prefer ancillaries, not traits, but it can be merged together, why not...
    Last edited by Jale82; April 17, 2020 at 02:58 AM.

I don't if what i'll ask is possible so : can you change dynamically a region's name after a faction conquers it ?
    In bellum crucis a similar thing is done, but with the settlement's name.

regarding the religious events for the Romans it's more of an increase in religious prestige for the Roman empire that i was looking for, not actual crusades. I can't remember exactly what it was but there were some small bonuses for capturing Antioch and Jerusalem along with a chance for the emperor (and the person who takes the city) to get some ancillaries and traits such as Eleutheron (Liberator) or Kallinikos (Good-Victor, hellenistic trait that was also given to late Roman generals like Nikephoros Phokas).

One thing I forgot to mention in regards to the Romans is that I created a new system of recruiting units that is based on the historical themes, so the player starts with a Thema building (which offers the best range of units) in certain historical cities such as Thessalonike, Hadrianopolis, Tarsus etc. and the ability to build new Themata (to represent the new-smaller themes that were introduced later also known as strategiai) in other smaller settlements (eg Serres, Sebasteia). Other smaller settlements, eg Methoni have limited recruitment and lower replenishment. But even cities like Thessalonike have quite lower replenishment than in the mod, which makes the campaign harder and more strategic.
    If the player expands outside of the Roman/ Byzantine boundaries (eg Egypt) he can build a different structure of military that is based on occupation (as long as the Roman culture is beneath a certain level) and it offers limited recruitment and lower bonuses, which made expansion more difficult as foreign, recently captured cities had to be garrisoned by more units.
    I also added an Armenian garrison building which gives the player the option of instantly getting access to some Armenian units (spearmen, archers, but they have low replenishment rate) and they give a small public order bonus in exchange for a monetary loss (i think 100 or 200 nomismata, kinda like the jewish garrison in EB2). This can only be build in certain historical cities (eg Tarsus) so you won't have armenian units in eg Tunisia. You need to control Sebasteia to build it.

I also added language knowledge for the characters. There were three levels I added "Knowledge of Romaic Greek", "Knowledge of Attic Greek" and one more I can't remember.
    There were a few more things that I did in regards to military recruitment and economy but i can't remember exactly. I'll check the files.

And one last thing I remember adding was nicknames for emperors. So the emperor could gain cognomens like Sophos, Porphyrogenetos, there were a couple more, and my favourite one, if the emperor defeated the Bulgarians a few times in battle he had the chance of getting the cognomen Voulgaroktonos.

I'll tried to finish and polish some of the scripts over the weekend.
    Last edited by antiochos_hierax; April 17, 2020 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juventinopazzo97 View Post
    I don't if what i'll ask is possible so : can you change dynamically a region's name after a faction conquers it ?
    In bellum crucis a similar thing is done, but with the settlement's name.
    Yes, it is possible, there is a script for it, but it's too complicated for me. Besides this dynasties I'll make
    ancillaries in near future (hopefully) for titles like "Duke of Croatia" for example when certain provinces
    are conquered. Also, I'm thinking about province ancillaries with a small historical description, when a
    character stays for a turn then on next turn he gets for ex. "Doux of Ragusa" ancillary and beneath
    a description of a city, and so on...

@antiochos_hierax You know a Nike motto?
    Last edited by Jale82; April 17, 2020 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks for your answer. To know that is reassuring.

As I approach 940 CE I was curious to know if my troublesome neighbors will be getting Ikshidid dynasty in Egypt. Interesting inter Abbassid rivalries

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    As I approach 940 CE I was curious to know if my troublesome neighbors will be getting Ikshidid dynasty in Egypt. Interesting inter Abbassid rivalries
    We will add more revolts to Islamic factions based on rebel models/textures when their models will be finilised. We will have Chasnabids (if i write the name corectly) again as rebelion based on Arab rebels.
    Its too soon to add more Islamic shadow factions like Chalbids and Fatimids in this phase.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    We will add more revolts to Islamic factions based on rebel models/textures when their models will be finilised. We will have Chasnabids (if i write the name corectly) again as rebelion based on Arab rebels.
    Its too soon to add more Islamic shadow factions like Chalbids and Fatimids in this phase.
    My apologies, I should of known this team would of already planned for such future updates. As great as I am finding it so far, you have advertised as Alpha 0.97!

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    My apologies, I should of known this team would of already planned for such future updates. As great as I am finding it so far, you have advertised as Alpha 0.97!
    No worries ..We all have questions.
    Alpha 0.98 will include Venice and Pope mini rosters. Venice troubles me because its units have Roman (byzantine) , Lombard and Italian infuences.
    Pope will have mostly Italian Local units roster.
    Alpha 0.98b will have all Islamic rosters final version.
    When we started TGC many modelers and skinners had one or more factions to make. Each unit that was finished had its own texture and normal map one. In the end we end up with actuall cloned units with similra textures separatly.
    So the alpha 0.98b will make some housing in that mess.
    The Islamic units will be consisted:
    1 Faction unique units (example Crete has former Roman nobles and Cretan archers).
    2 Common Arab units. Remember that the Arabic expansion based on arabs but later like Romans earlier started to rely on mercenaries.
    3 Unique Mercenaries
    4 AOR based mercenaries or units like Berbers or Beduins, Armenians etc.
    5 Slave line of units. Some factions will be able to have more extensive slave unit line that others.
    You realise that after 4 years of inactivity by me this is a huge task.
    Thankfully we have a lot of material like shields by Leif Erikson, Pacco and Paleologos and Karaislam to create a variety of shield textures because common units will have recolored turbans and tunics and shields but they will share common normal map textures making the size of the data smaller and ready to add Serbians, Moravians, north european and polish mercenaries plus the new Bulgarians (both loyalists and usurpers like we did with Romans).

All sounds fantastic. I was a little disappointed the Kometouloi I was hoping for a serious rebellion