Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Sounds fantastic, I look forward to it

How long will that approximately be?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duluthian View Post
    How long will that approximately be?
    BEFORE XMAS I am fighting my deep depresion but atleast the Islamic rosters will beready by XMAS even sooner to allow our funs to play with them in XMAS.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

standing ready

Is there a way to disable the hot seat campaign ? I downloaded it from here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-great...n-beta-version

thanks

Edit: Following this video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNDjaItbJc

You have to select all factions, then de-select them all. Then you can pick a faction. Though every turn it shows the hot seat campaign menu.

Also, there are NO BATTLES. It's all auto-resolve for some ing reason.

There are custom battles, so the models are there.

I assume this is because this mod is set up for hot seat campaigns only for some idiotic reason.

How do I undo this hot seat mode, and do I have to start a new campaign to have the changes take effect ?

I'm two turns in, 30+ minutes, and I find out I can't fight a battle. Pathetic.
    Last edited by sharkeyyyy; December 08, 2022 at 12:32 PM.

You only need to be aware that only 1 faction is highlighted, no need to select all of them. Just click the one you want to play with and de-select the original one.

Not having battles is clearly something that's wrong on your part. Never had that issue myself

I can't deselect the lombards or whatever the initially selected faction is, without first selecting every other faction, as was done in the video I linked.

The only battles I can play are auto resolved. The option to let you fight the battle personally is greyed out.

What's your mod version/the latest version of the mod ? Here it's stated that this is the latest version:

I mean you have the links in this actual thread that you are posting for the correct download. I have no idea why you linked a 7 year old video when there's a new one. And it's not hard at all to install the mod. Just extract the files and then copy the folder to the "mods" folder of your MTWII folder. Like with 99% of other modfoldered mods.

You can de-select the Lombards by clicking on them again after selecting another faction.

Oh and your attitude is terrible. Like a spoiled child. But given that you first logged in 11 years ago it means you are older than 10, which makes your attitude unacceptable. So i won't actually help you after this post if you can't figure it out.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    BEFORE XMAS I am fighting my deep depresion but atleast the Islamic rosters will beready by XMAS even sooner to allow our funs to play with them in XMAS.
    That is great my friend, Christmas is a tough time, or at least imfi finding it tough. So I wish you all the strength and will you need for that

Hi,
    Hotseatoption are needed in order to let some factiontransformation script work. If you disable the hotseatoption, you disable the mod...
    As you discripe your problem, you´re simply using the mod in a wrong way. just follow the orders, how to select only "one" faction in the main menue and everything else will work as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Is there a way to disable the hot seat campaign ? I downloaded it from here:

thanks

Edit: Following this video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRNDjaItbJc

You have to select all factions, then de-select them all. Then you can pick a faction. Though every turn it shows the hot seat campaign menu.

Also, there are NO BATTLES. It's all auto-resolve for some ing reason.

There are custom battles, so the models are there.

I assume this is because this mod is set up for hot seat campaigns only for some idiotic reason.

How do I undo this hot seat mode, and do I have to start a new campaign to have the changes take effect ?

I'm two turns in, 30+ minutes, and I find out I can't fight a battle. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Deleting my post because you can't handle my points and can't take any criticism ? ing pathetic. What a you are.
    My friend there is no need for s usch aggresive post. Two TWC members (one is TGC DEVELOPER) ttied to help you with your issue with politness . I admit that the selecting the faction you want to play and next step is to dis-select Lombards that are sellected by default was quite unussual even for me. But its a matter of exersise. See the video carefully of how you select a faction and you will enjoy a very good mod despite the fact is not ready yet. I posted a testing campaign that with few random CTDs that all mods have i reached to the end at turn 798 instead of turn 800. That means that for 798 turns you can enjoy the magnifisent work moddelers , skinners , coders and scripters and mappers did for this mod.
    I repeat no9 need to be rude. Atleast respect those that tried in the last 14 years to make this mod to reach to this point. Respct those that try to help you. I am always open to any critisism (in fact that critisism leaded me to have real history university students for the factions research because I did not know everything )...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

My friend there is no need for s usch aggresive post. Two TWC members (one is TGC DEVELOPER) ttied to help you with your issue with politness . I admit that the selecting the faction you want to play and next step is to dis-select Lombards that are sellected by default was quite unussual even for me. But its a matter of exersise. See the video carefully of how you select a faction and you will enjoy a very good mod despite the fact is not ready yet. I posted a testing campaign that with few random CTDs that all mods have i reached to the end at turn 798 instead of turn 800. That means that for 798 turns you can enjoy the magnifisent work moddelers , skinners , coders and scripters and mappers did for this mod.
    I repeat no9 need to be rude. Atleast respect those that tried in the last 14 years to make this mod to reach to this point. Respct those that try to help you. I am always open to any critisism (in fact that critisism leaded me to have real history university students for the factions research because I did not know everything )...
    Look, I'm thankful for the work done on this mod; it looks really damn good. I can't play it though, and I'm not new to total war mods.

I downloaded the file from moddb, here:

And copied it all to my steam folder, renamed it "crusades" and launched the crusades campaign through steam. This is how I launch all my mods; it's never messed them up.

On the first page of this post, here:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...highlight=auto

There's a zip file titled "TGC_melt 0.98 patch 001 24.03.2021.7z". I downloaded that, and the "TGC 0.9.8 (Fullinstall standalone) " file, from here:

https://mega.nz/file/2MpVBKZQ#4G4ER2...6Ta2E-5bDbXUH4

I overwrote the files from the mega.nz download with the files from the 0.98 "patch".

Still, I can't fight any battles, or start a campaign without it being in hotseat mode.

Either using the moddb file, the mega.nz file, or the mega.nz file overwritten with the 0.98 "patch" files, I can't get this mod to work.

Here's how it goes:

i) Launch to the main screen.
    ii) Select "single player" -> "the great conflicts".
    iii) The icon for the lombards is selected and flashing. I can not de-select it. I can only de-select it by selecting another faction, and then clicking the lombard's icon to de-select them.
    iv) I do this: select bulgaria, and de-select the lombards. Now only bulgaria is flashing. I click start.
    v) I see a screen that states "new player turn", and it shows what's apparently the interface for a hotseat campaign. I have to select continue.
    vi) I select a general on the black sea coast, move him south to attack a rebel stack, and I can't do anything other than retreat or auto-resolve.

Is there something that has to be done differently because I'm using steam, and this involves hotseat mode ? I've never used it.

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 14, 2022 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Insulting.

so you are using a steam version of me2tw...

you can also read post #3 https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ighlight=steam

install TGC into me2 not crusades,but you can also try to:

1. copy the complete me2tw data folder into the cleared crusades folder
    2. install TGC into crusades folder
    go on as usual
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; December 13, 2022 at 08:07 AM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Permission by Absinthia to use the East Frank and ERE rosters since November 9th
    Ah, finally - I remember during the fall of 2016 that he offered Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign the permission to use the ERE roster whenever you said it was fine.

Unfortunately I do have bad news, Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign - while having a much bigger and more interesting campaign map as compared to any other viking-based mod - is unstable - and I failed at fixing it, and believe me I tried because I did some work on the mod and wanted it out - but there is no point working on the mod any further when it always CTD (crash to desktop) at a specific turn. I did even remake the entire faction selection UI in an attempt to fix the crash as in Hyrule (Total War) a similar crash did disappear after doing just that..

So, while I would have loved using the roster the mod is sadly dead.

The other mod - East of Rome - could easily have used that ERE roster to fill out the very similar units of its Thematic Roman Roster, as the mod already is using older models that your ERE roster originally started out with to some extent I believe. As an example older versions of your Marka ERE horses were used in East of Rome - with credits to TGC from way back.

Actually, I had a completely stable main Justinian Campaign back in 2019 and had fixed a game-breaking CTD when ending turns. Unfortunately after adding new units yesterday and trying out the campaign that i remembered as stable it does crash a few turns in.. I have no idea why this is, what is causing it and as I said I had fixed this issue - I remember explicitly watching the Franks of that mod conquering the map.

But something has caused it to be unstable and I cannot for the life of me remember any work done after fixing the crash except the work done yesterday to add units made by a dude in 2020, and maybe adding some replacements for the Huns from De Bello Mundi.

I'm worried that all my other backups of the mod are the old 2017 version where I hadn't even solved said crash.

I don't even remember the solution three years later.. I will have to read at the forum and try to find any text by me where I did mention how I solved the issue. Because if I could solve it back then I should in the worst case be able to solve the crash again on the outdated 2017 WIP. I did delete the 2017-folder yesterday thinking the 2019-one were stable but hopefully I do have a RAR-archive somewhere.

So, I'm not certain if East of Rome will die or be continued - it depends on if I can fix the crash or find an older version where I can fix the crash. It is a crash which happens when ending turns a few turns into the campaign - if it's not fixed there is no point working on the mod just like with the other mod. If it is fixed, then I can see myself using the ERE-roster to fill out the already existing roster - I would not use all of it but some of it - as East of Rome already has many unique similar units of the same era.

Unfortunately Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic doesn't have a map where the Romans fit.

But at the very least I could probably update the East Frankish Empire to your latest standards - it would mean updated models of older units plus completely fresh/new officers and banner-carriers.

Thanks for finally allowing this.

Also, one question - who made the cool Gardariki roster? WotN: The Baltic does have a Gardariki faction which could in theory use some elite units there but otherwise the current roster is fine.

Edit: I just looked into TGC and there are two Frank rosters in the mod, does the permission extend to both or just the earlier one? Both rosters have units similar to the Wrath of the Norsemen Frank/Frisian rosters.

Does it extend to their hired mercs and local troops such as Italians, Vikings, Arabs?

As an example the Hired Vikings are pretty much just an alternate version of the old Viking units of WotN.

So they could be a cool addition in a viking-based mod simply for looking different. So I checked the East Frank roster and this roster includes such units.

Hm, also I don't really need the Roman roster due to only working on the smaller Baltic Campaign. If I could use the Kievan Rus/Gardariki roster instead that would be awesome. As that is an actual viking-faction.

- It would make Gardariki unique in how it looks as compared to the other Slavs and Norse while still keeping the old stats - currently they are a mix between the Slavs/Norse with a few unique units.

- TGC:s roster would make the faction unique and I think it's superior in every way. It has the same style while giving the faction different units from that of the Slavs (Vendland, Kryvichy and the Obotrites) and that of the Norse (Danmörk, Vestfold, Rygjalandi, MoerraFylki, Svitjod, Gutland and Gautland plus one more) - Kievan Rus in WotN: The Baltic only has three or so unique units and the rest are shared. So with TGC:s roster they wouldn't share a single unit.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 15, 2022 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Additional questions.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Ah, finally - I remember during the fall of 2016 that he offered Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign the permission to use the ERE roster whenever you said it was fine.

Unfortunately I do have bad news, Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign - while having a much bigger and more interesting campaign map as compared to any other viking-based mod - is unstable - and I failed at fixing it, and believe me I tried because I did some work on the mod and wanted it out - but there is no point working on the mod any further when it always CTD (crash to desktop) at a specific turn. I did even remake the entire faction selection UI in an attempt to fix the crash as in Hyrule (Total War) a similar crash did disappear after doing just that..

So, while I would have loved using the roster the mod is sadly dead.

The other mod - East of Rome - could easily have used that ERE roster to fill out the very similar units of its Thematic Roman Roster, as the mod already is using older models that your ERE roster originally started out with to some extent I believe. As an example older versions of your Marka ERE horses were used in East of Rome - with credits to TGC from way back.

Actually, I had a completely stable main Justinian Campaign back in 2019 and had fixed a game-breaking CTD when ending turns. Unfortunately after adding new units yesterday and trying out the campaign that i remembered as stable it does crash a few turns in.. I have no idea why this is, what is causing it and as I said I had fixed this issue - I remember explicitly watching the Franks of that mod conquering the map.

But something has caused it to be unstable and I cannot for the life of me remember any work done after fixing the crash except the work done yesterday to add units made by a dude in 2020, and maybe adding some replacements for the Huns from De Bello Mundi.

I'm worried that all my other backups of the mod are the old 2017 version where I hadn't even solved said crash.

I don't even remember the solution three years later.. I will have to read at the forum and try to find any text by me where I did mention how I solved the issue. Because if I could solve it back then I should in the worst case be able to solve the crash again on the outdated 2017 WIP. I did delete the 2017-folder yesterday thinking the 2019-one were stable but hopefully I do have a RAR-archive somewhere.

So, I'm not certain if East of Rome will die or be continued - it depends on if I can fix the crash or find an older version where I can fix the crash. It is a crash which happens when ending turns a few turns into the campaign - if it's not fixed there is no point working on the mod just like with the other mod. If it is fixed, then I can see myself using the ERE-roster to fill out the already existing roster - I would not use all of it but some of it - as East of Rome already has many unique similar units of the same era.

Unfortunately Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic doesn't have a map where the Romans fit.

But at the very least I could probably update the East Frankish Empire to your latest standards - it would mean updated models of older units plus completely fresh/new officers and banner-carriers.

Thanks for finally allowing this.

Also, one question - who made the cool Gardariki roster? WotN: The Baltic does have a Gardariki faction which could in theory use some elite units there but otherwise the current roster is fine.

Edit: I just looked into TGC and there are two Frank rosters in the mod, does the permission extend to both or just the earlier one? Both rosters have units similar to the Wrath of the Norsemen Frank/Frisian rosters.

Does it extend to their hired mercs and local troops such as Italians, Vikings, Arabs?

As an example the Hired Vikings are pretty much just an alternate version of the old Viking units of WotN.

So they could be a cool addition in a viking-based mod simply for looking different. So I checked the East Frank roster and this roster includes such units.

Hm, also I don't really need the Roman roster due to only working on the smaller Baltic Campaign. If I could use the Kievan Rus/Gardariki roster instead that would be awesome. As that is an actual viking-faction.

- It would make Gardariki unique in how it looks as compared to the other Slavs and Norse while still keeping the old stats - currently they are a mix between the Slavs/Norse with a few unique units.

- TGC:s roster would make the faction unique and I think it's superior in every way. It has the same style while giving the faction different units from that of the Slavs (Vendland, Kryvichy and the Obotrites) and that of the Norse (Danmörk, Vestfold, Rygjalandi, MoerraFylki, Svitjod, Gutland and Gautland plus one more) - Kievan Rus in WotN: The Baltic only has three or so unique units and the rest are shared. So with TGC:s roster they wouldn't share a single unit.
    The permision includes the main roster of East Frankia and HRE units made by Absinthia. Only the models and their textures, No animation or other extra.

The permision includes the main roster of East Frankia and HRE units made by Absinthia. Only the models and their textures, No animation or other extra.
    What are these unique animations? Banner Carriers?

I've never heard of someone not sharing animations before.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

What are these unique animations? Banner Carriers?

I've never heard of someone not sharing animations before.
    All models originaly created by all our moddelers passed through me to put them new skeletons to work with TGC animation pack.
    That animation pack IS OFF LIMITS though. You can download the mesh and textures of those two factions and use GOM to create vanilla skelaton. That will require some work on the models to become facnctionla again.

All models originaly created by all our moddelers passed through me to put them new skeletons to work with TGC animation pack.
    That animation pack IS OFF LIMITS though. You can download the mesh and textures of those two factions and use GOM to create vanilla skelaton. That will require some work on the models to become facnctionla again.
    A lot of work? Then you're basically forcing people to rework the models before we can use them...

- The Havamal

A lot of work? Then you're basically forcing people to rework the models before we can use them...
    Did you respect King Kong's desire that no new Official version of TATW must be released and only submods?
    If yes respect both the desisions of Absinthia and mine.

Some news about the Islamic Roster rework?
    Regards