Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 001

Then what is the username and password if I want to play the other factions?

You don't need a username and password to play other factions. You just need to start the game, choose Single Player, and then choose TGC campaign. You can then play as Kiev or whoever you choose.

The mod is amazing, however, other factions are not aggressive at all. First I played as Bulgaria and only had to get into war with Pechenegs and Magyars. Now I am almost finished with Romans and only war I got in is with Abasids because of Cyprus. Also, factions are not expanding to rebel cities. I'm almost finished with campaign and there is still a lot of untouched rebel settlements.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

So why are all my battles auto-resolved...? Can I fix this? Or is this supposed to be the way the game is played?

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

that´s strange. do you play a different campaignsetting (Multiplayer?).
    to start a regular TGC campaign with real-time-battles - go for singleplayer - maincampaign aka The Great Conflicts campaign - choose the faction you like to play (unlock lombards) - start

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by dabela View Post
    The mod is amazing, however, other factions are not aggressive at all. First I played as Bulgaria and only had to get into war with Pechenegs and Magyars. Now I am almost finished with Romans and only war I got in is with Abasids because of Cyprus. Also, factions are not expanding to rebel cities. I'm almost finished with campaign and there is still a lot of untouched rebel settlements.
    Let me remind you that you have to play it in VH/VH difficulty. However it is true that in the 1st 40-50 turns AI seams passive. In my expirience though testing campaigns for 180-190 turns , hell brakes lose after a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    So why are all my battles auto-resolved...? Can I fix this? Or is this supposed to be the way the game is played?
    NoTGC was designed to be played on the field and that was the reason of its delay to add to models as much detail as possiple. Its the first time I see such a "bug".
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Love the kingdom of croatia! The scripts are great! What will the new patch have when it will be released?

Did you have a look at the TGC.cfg file?
    In the section
    [hotseat]
    scroll = false
    turns = false
    disable_console = false
    disable_papal_elections = false
    autoresolve_battles = false
    validate_diplomacy = false
    save_prefs = true
    autosave = true
    save_config = true
    close_after_save = falseensure that the value of the bold line is set to false.
    If it is set to true or not set at all, it might be the problem.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Love the kingdom of croatia! The scripts are great! What will the new patch have when it will be released?
    The new patch will include the new models of Lombards , the Pope's army and the Venetian one . Pope will have italian militia units with his insignia.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 29, 2020 at 05:17 AM.

I am playing as the Ere, and since I installed the BG4 patch I have not had any CTD in over 50 turns. I have had to fight numerous Bogomil armies however. What a freaking nightmare!!! It was like a zombie apocalypse.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Sorry to pile on--but when will campaign character models (generals, diplomats, etc) be added?

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

i´ve added patch 2 in the firstpost

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    patch 002 - 28012020
    added many suggested typo´s and grammar corrections
    Changed Names like "Minor Settlement", "Latin" and "Romaic"
    Corrected some Eventtexts, Fixed the correct Name of Bihor for "Magyars Invasion Script" into "Satu Mare" + added a scripted view to the settlements for HP
    Bulgarian Factionleader is now Knyaz instead of Tsar, Factionheir = "Kanartikin"
    Changed and added the unlucky Unitcard for Pechenegs with a silversurferhorse + Added two missing for slave faction
    Fixed 3 non existing armourupgrades for Armenian Placeholderunits in edu
    Fixed lines in bmdb
    Deleted a leftover recruitable mercenaryunit in one recruitmentpool
    Expanded the magyars invasionscript (not completly, may expand more) and fixed a dublicate scripted FL and FH
    Give scripted Characters more traits (they had very bare traits for there age)

regarding the stratmapmodels
    we need someone who is willing to make them, otherwise we need to wait untill they are done at some point

Quote Originally Posted by perris0707 View Post
    I am playing as the Ere, and since I installed the BG4 patch I have not had any CTD in over 50 turns. I have had to fight numerous Bogomil armies however. What a freaking nightmare!!! It was like a zombie apocalypse.
    That´s very good news, as ERE campaign contains the most scripts per Campaign atm

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The new patch will include the new models of Lombards , the Pope's army and the Venetian one . Pope will have italian militia units with his insignia.
    Very good
    patch 3 will be a bigger one.
    if all goes well, i have incorporate the "Romzug" feature from dhrr and the correct Minor settlements for ERE (are vanilla wooden forts atm)
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 29, 2020 at 01:42 AM.

Does the new patch help with the numerous CTDs?

it fixes issues that show up to my knowledge. i can play campaigns with about 100+ turns with no issues. but the alpha is still not perfect for all systems and ctd will show up

Its going great for me so far. At least the modders put some of the cities that were not in other mods into this one. I give them my deepest respect.

thank you

question @ all
    how does the XCAI behave? Are the other factions more aggresive now?

I've noticed that some of the trade buildings have strange description text such as "Slavery is a crime" and "lets have a drink". What is the purpose of this? Also, could it be possible to lower religious cap requirements for some of the Islamic units? And when the Islamic rosters are finalized, would it make sense to have Ghulam units recruitable from the Slave trade chain, rather then the Barracks chain?

Also, I would be happy to help with building and unit descriptions, as I've had some unit modeling and general modding experience from my own personal BC 2.4 mod.

there are some placeholder in the buildings and unit section. every help is gladly welcome. if you like, apply for the closed beta group in the "permission groups" (in "my account")- or just work out some text´s and send them via pm or in this thread
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 29, 2020 at 01:50 PM.