Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II] Released version 09.03.2021

awesome

downloading now!thanks for all the hard work!
    getting older

The long-awaited update! Thank you for your hard work!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

congrats

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Congratulations guys! Bravo Αντώνη for everyone's efforts, especially yours!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Agisilaos View Post
    Congratulations guys! Bravo Αντώνη for everyone's efforts, especially yours!
    Agis 14 years ago in the old Kafeneio I made all of you a promise. That I will finish this mod for ALL OF YOU..
    I keep my promises.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Hotseat friendly?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

we´ve used hotseat campaign as normal campaign. so - yes.
    but we didn´t prepared a real hotseat so far.

updates for the first patch:

- added missing UI for steppe generals+steppegenerals
    - updated Adelchis custom_portraits UI
    - updated Lombards leader picture in main menue
    - added romaic settlement line (black textures)
    - descr_strat: sardinia added to ERE + updated files
    - corrected bufferregionscript spot for Beroeia (ERE+Bulgaria), script revealed the old spot
    - italian mounted militia - +1 armour in edu
    - updated interface: Venice icons more visible
    - deleted unused missions for pope and guilds
    - sorted horde_units in descr_sm_factions.txt
    - Updated Papal State Icons
    - Added new Surnames to factions: franks, franks_reb, hre, hre_reb and slave
    - descr_strat: added surnames to franks faction

Well your mod looking awesome and its very beautiful graphicaly of the old and aged MTW2 engine (I love Constantinople) and i love the period and the King of the Byzantines of the games period is Basil the second the Bulgar Slayer? Anyways to my problems. Sometimes the mod loads in a window other times in full of my screen? I had a CTD with that "Oh sorry something happened" message in my second turn and in the times period it says 6380 AM and not 872. I have the mod inside the mods folder all of the folder of the mod, i have "Total War Medieval 2 Definitive Edition" steam and my rig is 2060 super 8GB, I/7 8700K 3.6 6 cores, 16 GB DDR4 2600 Win 10x64 and i play the games 4K some in ultra other games in Very High settings and this of course all in Ultra but i think its not a problem of mine but mods because its an Alpha and stuff and thanks anyway for this, looking so promising i can't imagine how the final version would be and if you are Greek Μπράβο Αδερφέ και συγχαρητήρια και στην ομάδα.��

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Well your mod looking awesome and its very beautiful graphicaly of the old and aged MTW2 engine (I love Constantinople) and i love the period and the King of the Byzantines of the games period is Basil the second the Bulgar Slayer? Anyways to my problems. Sometimes the mod loads in a window other times in full of my screen? I had a CTD with that "Oh sorry something happened" message in my second turn and in the times period it says 6380 AM and not 872. I have the mod inside the mods folder all of the folder of the mod, i have "Total War Medieval 2 Definitive Edition" steam and my rig is 2060 super 8GB, I/7 8700K 3.6 6 cores, 16 GB DDR4 2600 Win 10x64 and i play the games 4K some in ultra other games in Very High settings and this of course all in Ultra but i think its not a problem of mine but mods because its an Alpha and stuff and thanks anyway for this, looking so promising i can't imagine how the final version would be and if you are Greek Μπράβο Αδερφέ και συγχαρητήρια και στην ομάδα.��
    My friend you need to read some historty. There NEVER was a Byzantine Empire but the ONE AND ONLY ROMAN EMPIRE. The mumber 6380 AM in not a mistake , its the Roman calander that used untill 1380! Romans (the christian ones) estimated that Christ was born 5508 years after the world's birth. AM means in latin Anno Mundi aka year of the world.
    Random ctds may caused for numeral reasons. One of them is the high poly strat_map teaxtures and city models. I would sugest you to start a campaign with 1920x1080 FHD and normal unit size. That will help you PC to hundle the game better , units will be better placed on walls etc.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    My friend you need to read some historty. There NEVER was a Byzantine Empire but the ONE AND ONLY ROMAN EMPIRE. The mumber 6380 AM in not a mistake , its the Roman calander that used untill 1380! Romans (the christian ones) estimated that Christ was born 5508 years after the world's birth. AM means in latin Anno Mundi aka year of the world.
    Random ctds may caused for numeral reasons. One of them is the high poly strat_map teaxtures and city models. I would sugest you to start a campaign with 1920x1080 FHD and normal unit size. That will help you PC to hundle the game better , units will be better placed on walls etc.
    Ok, pal chill calm dawn I did now say that I know everything and I did not know about that calendar thingy! Ok, Byzantines it might not be the correct word but before Romans were the Greeks that are more ancient than the Romans, and of course Alexander the Great conquered most of the known world and if he did not die he might conquer the Romans too he had his eyes there too. So before the Romans, there were the Greek/Macedonian Empire and Alexander had the first and biggest empire back then again before the Romans. I think the correct word after the collapse of WRE must be Ρωμιοι because the Orthodox Christianity dominates in the Empire or you can say for them Romans/Greeks that even Constantine Paleologos one of his final speeches to the defenders of the City told them to fight like Greeks fight like Romans so ok you have a point but for me, the correct name is Greeks/Ρωμιοι Empire and not only Romans and I play the games 4K and this 4K too and I am not gonna change my resolution because my monitor only looks awesome and shines if I play the games 4K lower-res does not look good and if the mod does not work ok no problem there are other mods out there and some of them of the creators of other mods say them Byzantines. In reality, is very hard to know what is really the correct word Byzantines Greeks or Romans or Ρωμιοι so again Chill pal!

Don't get upset. What i was trying to say is that nothing in this mod is accidentaly placed.

Gudea TW did a very nice presentation
    https://youtu.be/RfjyU2EjgiE
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; March 22, 2021 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Don't get upset. What i was trying to say is that nothing in this mod is accidentaly placed.
    Ok, but you could be more polite on that "My friend you need to read some history" and there are people like me that do not know everything for the era dates and stuff we try you know and this mod rule btw I am having a blast and for my liking, I would prefer to see the 892 so to know how many years have passed in my game but if this is more proper for the mod's realism I will have it like that!

I had campaign braking crush around turn 10. I am playing as Kievan Rus. The log is in the attachment. In every single alpha release you had uploaded I had a campaign braking crush. I think these need to be addressed. There is literally no point in releasing new updates until this issue is resolved, otherwise this mod is going nowhere.
    Attached Files Attached Files

sorry to hear this, but that´s the only point for a public alpha... to have more testers.
    we need other peoples experience and if possible someone to come up with a fix or an idea for a solution.

crashes aren´t anyones favorite and my last years where spend in minimizing them and create a playable campaign.
    you can´t expect a perfect game from day 1... Remember the release of RomeII?

looking at your crashlog, i don´t see any endturn.
    what happend? did you scroll over the map south?
    If so, it could be this:

- added missing UI for steppe generals+steppegenerals
    edit:
    i´ve released patch 001
    you can install this patch. should be savegame compatible, but a new campaign is reasonable.

edit II:
    updated the patch 001
    added missing names + text
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; March 24, 2021 at 02:31 AM.

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020

Hello,

I have a strange problem. I first installed this mod on my Windows PC about two weeks ago. When I played a campaign it was normal, there was no hotseat notification at the beginning, or after every turn.
    Now I have one of the new M1 Macs. Med2 runs like a dream on it. The issue is that whenever I start a campaign it gives me this hotseat notification and also at the end of every turn. Incredibly annoying.
    I researched in a few threads and people seem to say that it is normal and that is how it works. How was I able to have it play normally without a hotseat before?

Thanks

Default Re: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

the hotseat campaign is our "normal" campaign. however, you usually only have the factionchoice as a main difference to a normal campaign.
    if you get the HS notification at every turn, then there´s something wrong in the preferences (i guess).

try to look into your preference file called TGC.cfg in the main mods/TGC_melt folder

look at this:

Code:
    [hotseat]
    scroll = false
    turns = false
    disable_console = false
    disable_papal_elections = false
    autoresolve_battles = false
    validate_diplomacy = false
    save_prefs = true
    autosave = true
    save_config = true