Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post

regarding the stratmapmodels
    we need someone who is willing to make them, otherwise we need to wait untill they are done at some point
    I wanted to recommend two mods who have some interesting stratmodels.
    The first one is Russ2 https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ighlight=russ2

Its time line is in the early 11th century and has for every faction a unique general model.
    My personal favorits are:
    For middle eastern culture factions Buyid General and Hamadin Captain.
    models: Buyid:General. General mybe suits Abbasid; Hamadin: General, Captain. mybe suits ; Seljuk,General Seljuk, Khazar,General,Captain; Alan:General,Captain ?; VolgaBulgaria: Captain,General ; Kiev:General,Captain

LastKIngdoms https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...(4-0-released)
    : models: Magyars:General,Captain, Frankia:General,Captain,Norman:General,Captain,Norse General,Captain

Sorry for double posting, i missclicked and send my post too early:

For middle eastern culture factions Buyid General and Hamadin Captain.
    For Seljuk faction Seljuk General.
    For stepfactions: Khazar General, Captain
    For Bulgaria: Mybe the General model from VolgaBulgaria. I like it alot, but might have to much armor. The Captain model is also nice.
    For Kievan: Kievan General and Captain. Also a lot of armor, might also use Norse models from LastKingdom.

Models from LastKingdom:
    For Hungarians: Maygars General, Captain
    For Franks: Frankia: General, Captain
    For Normans: Norman General and Captain

I dont know if these mods allow using these models, but they might serve as some inspiration.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

that´s good for a placeholder, but in the end we will use our own models.
    i think it isn´t hard to create those models, as the main unitsmodels are created and they need to be ported and merged with a stratmapmodel.
    patience - as always

Still too CTD intensive, I still cannot get past 20ish turns with Chandax.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've tried half a dozen campaigns and the furthest I've gotten (using prior saves to redo moves up to a CTD to keep progressing) until absolute road blocking CTD's is now turn 195. So, giving up.

I loved the very slow pacing of TGC so I downloaded The Long Road (for what I played, was not impressed, way too high movement range and starting budget). But anyway, long story short. Crashed in first battle. Tried another mod, same thing.

So I give up, placed order on Amazon for a physical CD copy of the game. I think our Steam default folder location is a culprit I dont know. Praying the CD copy will allow me to play M2TW mods with much less headache.

It's a shame really. Such great mods out there for this game.

it´s strange that other mods battle cause ctd. maybe it´s the to high resolution for battle graphics?
    i personally always downgrade the grass distance effect, as this is the most cost effective way to free up RAM. other things like campaign shadows and units shadows come next.

What is the idea behind the horse trader building? It looks like some mechanic tied to cavalry was intended to be implemented with that building, but never was. Right now all you need for access to cavalry is a leather tanner (1st level blacksmith) which gives access to stables. The description of the horse trader states something about hoses per turn, which sounds similar to the EBII colonists mechanic, but it does seem like it actually matters when it comes to cavalry recruitment.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I am so far at turn 50, had a few random ctds, but as advised here I save every turn so it was not a problem so far. It is a wonderfull mod you guys made. Only issue so far would be that AI is too passive.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    What is the idea behind the horse trader building? It looks like some mechanic tied to cavalry was intended to be implemented with that building, but never was. Right now all you need for access to cavalry is a leather tanner (1st level blacksmith) which gives access to stables. The description of the horse trader states something about hoses per turn, which sounds similar to the EBII colonists mechanic, but it does seem like it actually matters when it comes to cavalry recruitment.
    The building tech tree is not final yet. Stables with armory unlock cavalry units. Horse breeder unlocks stables. There will be another building of Horse Breeder based of province resources that will give extra morale to cavalry units trained there because of surerior horse breeding in that province.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    I am so far at turn 50, had a few random ctds, but as advised here I save every turn so it was not a problem so far. It is a wonderfull mod you guys made. Only issue so far would be that AI is too passive.
    Do you play in VH/VH dificulty?
    If yes...Do not take as granded that AI will remain passive forever. I had a period of 100 turns fighting mostly rebels and then hell broke loose! I have invasions from all 4 sides of the world! The difficulty was to avoid open fights against Magyars and Pechenegs and try to siege Arabic cities while trying stoping their invading armies in Sicely , Tarsos, Cyprus and having Serbians and Croatians trying to take my coastal provinces.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Switz View Post
    I've tried half a dozen campaigns and the furthest I've gotten (using prior saves to redo moves up to a CTD to keep progressing) until absolute road blocking CTD's is now turn 195. So, giving up.

I loved the very slow pacing of TGC so I downloaded The Long Road (for what I played, was not impressed, way too high movement range and starting budget). But anyway, long story short. Crashed in first battle. Tried another mod, same thing.

So I give up, placed order on Amazon for a physical CD copy of the game. I think our Steam default folder location is a culprit I dont know. Praying the CD copy will allow me to play M2TW mods with much less headache.

It's a shame really. Such great mods out there for this game.
    OMG I'm retarded. So I bought a physical copy of M2TW / K - But forgot my desktop computer doesnt have a CD drive bwahahaha!!! It came int he mail and was all excited and went to install and aghhhhhh!!!

epic lol

What will the new patch consist of?

Icon5 Which faction can I play in campaign mode?

Hello, first congratz for ur beautiful mod.
    I have tried to play Frankish, Byzantines and Lombards campaign but it seems don't working.
    Which faction can I play for campaign?

@ bast75
    i have moved your thread into this thread.
    you need to look and unlook factions befor you can play a faction. there´s a video in the firstpost how to do it (at 3:00)

here´s also the qoute of the procedere from the firstpost

How to start a new campaign
    lock and unlock a factions like in a hotseatcampaign. You need to choose only one faction(!!!) that is marked with a white underground, otherwise the game kicks you back and you can
    try it again!

If so:
    you most likely have locked more than 1 faction (lombards are in by default). Choose the faction you like to play and you will notice a blinking white underground around there factionicon. this means that faction is locked - but you now have to unlock the Lombards for example, or any other faction you may have locked in at the process by clicking on there icon one time (there factionicon blinks white when locked). Look at the video in post #19 below, 2:20 - 2:50

Report anything unusual.....
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; February 07, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

I'm still getting the bug where I cant click to fight a battle in the campaign manually.

I made sure it was a new campaign in single player and then Great Conflicts.

Everything starts up fine but when I get to the battle to take a settlement I cant select fight a battle manually.

Do you think I should try and reinstall?

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

mod is quite amazing, but very unstable, its crashing like crazy. You guys really have to do something about that.

when i started modding TGC years ago, the mod didn´t go for one turn. there are tons of ctd fixed over the years, but it´s the hardest job to make it clean and stable.
    at every experienced modder out there. if you can take a look into the game, it will be most welcome.

most ctd logs look the same within the current alpha release. this could means that there´s one big reason for crashes that i´ve simple didn´t found for now. i suspect a missing text line or something like this or something that involves getting a new child in the familytree

Does anyone know how to get the domestikon of the west title? the original general who had it died and his replacement does not seem able to get it, even though he has remained in thessalonica for several turns

P.D: is there and equivalent title for the east?

if the item is gone with the general

you need a new general with max 7 items (8 items are max per general)
    this general don´t have to be FL or FH
    End in settlement Thessalonica

the eastern equivalent is available in seleukeia

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

CTDs maybe caused by the strat_map models that are to heavy.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.