Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Once again must congratulate you and your esteemed comrades on this yet incomplete, yet soon to be masterpiece.
    Just a question above you said that we could of added a Roman sword unit, did you mean a Thematic unit? Just to be clear I know why you have not. I do wonder why you chose to not represent other branches/units of the Tagmata?
    Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    some of them are multipurpose.
    i personally like to fight with the "Tagma Ton Teichon", because they are very effective closecombat killer, once they are done with shooting.
    not as good as the Excubitores, but way better than Peltastoi or Contaratoi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jale82 View Post
    And Contaratoi are an effective cavalry killers.
    Lets start with the basics. Thematic armies have both militias and professionals . All Scutati origin units are militias (scutati , menaulati, kontarati). Also Toxotae and Acontistae are actual peasant units.
    Peltastae though and Kontarati (that are the most battle expirient unit of militias) can use swords as well. But there is NO sword exclusive unit exept Excubitores that are high rank Palace Tagmatic guards.
    That was not made by accident. Everything relies on history. Middle ages Romans used infantry as a protective wall to cover their main offensive units that were ALL cavalry ones.
    To learn sword fighting requires constant training that militias did not have despite they too had swords.
    But in other factions swords and axes were the weapons of choice because they had warriors that delt with war afairs all the time (raids, plunders, invasions etc).
    Take Vikings as example. Romans need despertly melee fighting units that they will gladly add Vikingar in 907 AD as mercenaries and later will add Varangians.
    Other factions have superiror archers. Roman thematic archers are close to average. That is why they will seak to hire Magyars and Pechenages as mercenaries that have exelent archers.
    Jale mentioned that Kontarati are superb to defend against cavalry. That is true. A player that will play Romans must lure the enemy cavalry to his spear walls and use his exelent cavalry to clear the battlefield. Also Romans have more artilery units and more war ship types. But...I would advice never to charget against a Magyar or Pecheneg army full of archers in open field. Theie deadly accuracy and powerfull arrows/bows will massacre your army. Every faction has its own hiden ACES to win.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hi friends

dynastic addon link is dead

can you re-upload?

Thank you

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

iīm nearly finished with patch 003.
    the dynastic addons are included in that patch, so maybe wait some more days and you can test the new patch

Quote Originally Posted by Afterman View Post
    Hi friends

dynastic addon link is dead

can you re-upload?

Thank you
    It seems that MEGA deleted all my uploads for some reason...

I can upload them again or you can wait for next patch...
    Last edited by Jale82; May 29, 2020 at 03:42 AM.

As you wish my friend. If you can upload them somewhere let me know, it would be nice. Anyway I am also going to wait for next patch

Thank you both
    Last edited by Afterman; May 29, 2020 at 04:28 AM.

Firtunatly mine are still there...
    Check your email requraly .MEGA sents warnings that your account is inactive and may delete its contents. Also make sure that you have a personal account and do not upload to MEGA default site.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 003 (29.05.2020)

patch 003 is up

changelog:
    added missing resources on campaignmap (now all are used on the map)
    fixed the "rus" church bug, by adding a new churchline, which become available after the conversation event
    added "power_charge", "hide_long_grass" and "hide_improved_forest" to many units in edu. battles should be more difficult now and ambushes are more intense
    fixed/added missing texture file for new norther_european town model
    fixed wrong religious building in venice - giving wrong culture
    added piterAI (more aggressive AI) and used medimodīs slot instead - to start with piterAI - decline in the yes/no event
    added a garrison building tier 1 to everyone and a second tier - armenian bordergarrision with recruitment in aor_armenia to ERE and abasids
    reworked recruitment times in edu: 1 - levy, 2 levycavalry + regular troops, 3 professional elite infantry, 4 professional elite cavalry
    reworked some settlement mechanics to slow down growth and moneymaking
    give forts +2 free upkeep instead of 1
    reduced free upkeep for some buildings offering some
    deleted moral bonuses, as itīs not used/malfunction ingame
    add a script for the human player to have at least one general character in a settlement, otherwise resulting in turmoil and no recruitment next turn (to prevent general stackspam)
    reworked familytreeīs for bigger factions
    added jales82 update for dynasties
    changed ownership of the initial magyars settlements to pechengs to prevent loyal uprisings later in this area
    changed win_conditions to prevent roaming armies in areas they donīt need to be (lombards in venice, croats/serbs in bruttia a.s.o.)

i highly recommend to checkout Piter CAI (decline in the CAI-Switch Yes/No event at the beginning of the campaign).
    Feedback is welcome

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Firtunatly mine are still there...
    Check your email requraly .MEGA sents warnings that your account is inactive and may delete its contents. Also make sure that you have a personal account and do not upload to MEGA default site.
    But I was quite active this and previous month... Don't know... It's not important, all those files are on PC.

Funny thing happened, I was unable to pass turn 95 by no means, restarting 2 turns, 3, 4... Impossible, but on every turn
    game freezes on Pechenegs turn. So, I typed "control Pechenegs" and next turn was in control of them. All was fine
    so I switched back but then on the next end turn again Pechenegs turn froze game so I had no option but to play both factions.
    Everything is fine when switching between factions, if I continue with one it freezes...
    But, it's fun, Pechenegs are great to play since they are horde faction so it can't be assigned from the start.
    So, I'm playing main campaign with Romans, restoring order on the Mediterrannean and building high, educated, rich and
    dominant power and at the same time pillaging, murdering and sacking settlements in the north.

Only thing that is little repetitive is the music for steppes, needs a little polishing.
    Last edited by Jale82; May 29, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 003 (29.05.2020)

with the last patch I become unable to train troops at constantinople when the game reaches turn 11 (new campaign). What could be causing this? I can still train troops in other cities.

thatīs the new script for the human player, you need a character aka governor in settlements to be able to recruit units and to avoid a turmoil malus.
    to compensate the need of characters, capital settlements are able to recruit generals at a very very slow rate

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

thatīs the new script for the human player, you need a character aka governor in settlements to be able to recruit units and to avoid a turmoil malus.
    to compensate the need of characters, capital settlements are able to recruit generals at a very very slow rate
    While I like the requirement of a governor present to recruit units (this was eg. in the Byg's Grim Reality minimod), I think that the turmoil malus is not the best idea and the compensation by ability of generals recruitment is a bad idea. The reason is: the game doesn't allow you to have more generals than settlements. If you recruit a general from a building, it will not give you new children. So it cripples the family development. (this problem was discussed eg. in the EBII forum).
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

ahh, i will take a look.
    itīs more or less a big test, because i think most people have 2-4 active fullstacks in there empires, which requires a 2-4 surplus generals all the time. most factions donīt need the option, but at this points itīs available to see how it work out in practice and to give the humanplayer the option to do so. AI factions are not included.
    you only need fieldgenerals for invasions and puplic order issues (rebels). other than that your characters are needed to govern settlements - or accept the malus for some time. turmoil reduce itself with 1 every turn. the initial malus starts with 12.

Νο PLEASE let the recruitment sysem as is. No goverment must be required to recruit units. Each city had political authorities that can not be portayed in game that were ablle to recruit soldiers.
    If that would aply we would need hundreds of generals to have them as governors and their powerfull units would ruin every sence of ballance. A player would not need to evolve his armouries and only he should do is to gather 20 characters and create an army of bodyguards.

thatīs not possible with my changes.

the changes are: recruitment is frozen if a governor is not present + a single turmoil malus, that will reduce to 0 after 12 turns.

Reason behind this: a human player could gather a generalarmy at turn 2 as ERE or Bulgarian Empire and then conquer the world. with this scripts, he can still gather this army, but his settlements face big difficulties and revolts + he canīt gather troops to face this. itīs a punishment for cheating a generalstackspam and steamroll the map.

now his empire will run best, if every settlement has a governor + some specialized commander for the fieldarmy (like Factionsleader, factionheir or the 2 scholonīs for ERE). Steamrolling the map is also harder, because new conquests need to be consolidated with a governor. the recruitment of generals however is only possible at one location (the capital) with a replenishmentrate of 1000 turns - which means thereīs only one general possible per campaign.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 30, 2020 at 07:30 AM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I have a question about this.
    If you made it possible to recruit generals more frequently, would they be considered family members and count towards the cap?
    I mean, would recruited generals make births less likely?

Did you fix the wall bug i got when i besieged Naples ?

There may be a bug regarding the unit replenishment of the vasilikoi anthropoi general unit. I was able to recruit one in Constantinople but after that the queue says the next one will be available in 991 turns. This becomes a problem given the changes made to settlement public order management.
    Last edited by juanplay; May 30, 2020 at 07:09 PM.

thatīs intended. the replenishmentrate is at 0.001 which mean 1 per 1000 turns, basicly 1 general per campaign. reason behind this is to donīt produce to many generals. this generals are not in the familytree, untill they get the promotion via "man of the hour" event. But they count overall - provinces vrs. characters. thatīs a dilemma.

at the beginning of the campaign you can recruit 1 +general to use him as governor for the capital and then start building your first fullstack (kingsarmy) to do things with him. for the ERE for example, you can get spawn generals after fighting batyx riax and conquering the 3 forts (southern italy reinforcement).
    i was also thinking about giving a general at the bufferregions freespawnscript, but that isnīt included in patch 003, because of testing the overall situation. i donīt want to spawn to many generals, and let the familytree be able to produce offspring.

sadly, the wallbug isnīt fixed for now. but i have the battlemapsettlements on my list. i need more practice with iwte, to get into this.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 31, 2020 at 03:03 AM.

I insist. Remove that script.

iīve created a yes/no event at the beginning of every campaign.