Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Original Post: Save the date 15.01.2020

Save the date - TGC goes public alpha

Date: 15.01.2020

After a more then ten year long journey with upps and downs, TGC goes puplic alpha in 2020. Remember this is no "official" release - and the given content is not free to use (for now).
    The alpha is an overall WIP and has still big parts in development, but 90% are in place.

We want you, the longtime fans and modders to help us finish TGC:

• play as many campaigns as possible and upload savegames
    • Create AAR and upload Pictures
    • give us feedback
    • create fixes and addons
    • correct grammar
    • add missing text
    • create missing elements
    • spot weakness and overall gameplay

We hope this teases more people and rapid the development. As always - have fun and be respectfull

Credits

TGC:
    AnthoniusII : Modleader, Unitcreation, Testing and crazy ideas
    _tartaros_ : Scripts, Mapping, Testing and Build-Manager
    Jale82 : Implantation of Named Forts, Textworks and Testing

The Great Conflicts 872-1071

goes public alpha II
    TGC 0.9.8 + patch 001

Medieval 2 Favorite mod/overhaul - 3rd place.
    Read this first - especially how to start a new campaign (!)

How to Install and start

a) Download 0.9.8 and the patch 001 to your system. Optional: download the optional Stuff too. We split this in two, as you don´t need to download the optional stuff everytime a new version of TGC show´s up. This will reduce the filesize for the main download.

b) Open the downloaded TGC_public_alpha_II 7zip file with 7zip and you will see a "TGC_melt" named folder

c) Extract/paste all into your Medieval 2 Total war ...\mods\ folder. Note that TGC is a complete seperate install and don´t interfere with any other mods or versions. Go inside your newly installed mods\TGC_melt folder. There´s a batch file called "Launch_TGC.bat" to start the game. Doubleclick. When done correctly, you will notice the version "TGC public alpha II" in the Loadingscreen. Same with the patch 001

d) (Optional) The Game will start in "windowed" and "borderless window" mode enabled to provide better stability.

e) (Optional Sounds are not supported) You can download TGC optional stuff for new music and new fonts. Read the Readme file inside the download to keep the vanilla music. There´s also a 4GB patch stored.

@ all: i highly recommend to check out the 4GB patch to make the game more stable. If you don´t know what a 4GB-Patch is, read here

the 4 GB patch works like this:
    extract the files to your desktop. run the 4gb patch. then look for the kingdoms.exe in your main medieval2 folder - wait untill you receive a message that it´s patched - done

You can make a shortcut of the "Launch_TGC.bat" file and put it to your desktop. There´s a icon file in mods\TGC_melt to make it look pretty .

How to start a new campaign
    lock and unlock a factions like in a hotseatcampaign. You need to choose only one faction(!!!) that is marked with a white underground, otherwise the game kicks you back and you can
    try it again!

If so:
    you most likely have locked more than 1 faction (lombards are in by default). Choose the faction you like to play and you will notice a blinking white underground around there factionicon. this means that faction is locked - but you now have to unlock the Lombards for example, or any other faction you may have locked in at the process by clicking on there icon one time (there factionicon blinks white when locked). Look at the video in post #19 below, 2:20 - 2:50

Report anything unusual.....

Patches for public alpha 0.9.8

patch 001 23.03.2021 in the attachment
    Install patches ontop - new campaign is required

Readme - what should be done

We want to make this as bugfree as possible - please report all errors in this forum. Everything needs to be checked! Grammar, missing text, missing Icons, if Scripts are working correctly - you name it.
    We have 2 main kinds of crashes left in the build:

Crash 1: New turn ctd - log says
    "[system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC_melt/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: J:\me2tw)

[system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."

try to reload the last savegame. If this don´t help reload a savegame at least 3 turn back (keep a rotation of savegames with 5 - 10 turns). I suspect a bug with a birth of a Child, which can´t happen correctly. 3-turnback-Reload will bypass in 99% this kind of ctd.

Crash 2: Scroll-map-CTD in magyars steppe homelands (this should be fixed in patch 001)
    This crash sometimes happen randomly if you scroll over the Del Bug, Oleshki or Eszag Bug Regions. I suggest some kind of missing text for steppe culture or the Magyars faction. Could be a graphical glitch. If happend, try to avoid this regions. But its kind of random, because this crash is not static ingame and in savegames.

Crashes to desctop need (your) investigation. Report and upload a savegame + logfile + a review what happened. Some crashes are hardcoded and related to the engine. Allways check your logfile (in your TGC/logs folder) first and then try to reload your savegame and see if the crash is repeatable. Maybe toggle FOW and enable Follow AI-movements and investigate by yourself. Fixes can be uploaded and gathered in this thread. If you change or fix something by yourself, please make notes or save the changes in a seperate filefolder. A changelog can be usefull.

Upload any fixes in this thread. I will incoporate them asap. As things progress, there will be patches and updates

a usefull way to get around some ctd is to save every turn by it´s number. you end up with alot of savegames, where you can roll back to a situation that is not crashing.

Fahnat created a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-63qBZV1c4

TGC 0.9.8 (Fullinstall standalone) - moddb
    Filesize: 1.65 GB
    https://mega.nz/file/2MpVBKZQ#4G4ER2JPqxDJAmO6By1lKy-2xYaK06Ta2E-5bDbXUH4
    torrent link in the attachment

TGC optional stuff (TGC fonts and historical musicpack - not supported in public alpha II atm!)
    Filesize: 1.17 GB
    https://mega.nz/#!DIpgWCDa!4JW9rXBMJiuf22nE4NrgU5XSAz92UswyU5Id93fKyVY
    torrent link
    in the attachment

a.t.m.
    build 0.98 - contains updated lombards, new units for papal_state, venice and armenian subfaction. alot more scripts, fixes and improvements, switched culture greek/romaic, EE/slavic, updated settlements and Minorcities (forts)

next will be:
    build 0.98a will have the Lombard portraits and final Islamic rosters
    build 0.98b will have islamic portraits and the final Serbian and Great Moravian rosters plus all the "Slavic rebels" that will be used in Croatia, Serbia, Rus areas
    build 0.98c will have eastern_european and Rus portraits and the Normans and Croatians polishing
    build 0.98d will have all foreign mods models remade by TGC's standards

Finally build 0.99a open beta will have Bulgarian final roster with its shadow faction also made, UI cards and portraits

1.0 beta we will try to fix any scripts , find and remake for all left UI units info cards TGC style

Credits
    (most likely not complete
    - if someone feels himself missing in the list, it´s not intended and feel free to PM us,
    +rep everyone in this List!)

TGC :

AnthoniusII :
    Modleader, Unitcreation, Testing and crazy ideas

_tartaros_ : Scripts, Mapping, Coding, Testing and Build-Manager
    NikeBG : Research, text
    Jale82
    : Implantation Named Forts, Textworks and Tester

hyretic : 2d and UI
    Miguel_80 : Coder, Scripter

Matthæus
    koultouras
    absinthia
    Leif Erikson
    sumskilz
    karlo st
    FliegerAD
    polak966
    Neoptolemos
    Heathen Storm
    Lord_Calidor

Gigantus
    Warcrafthero

Special Thanks to Visual refences :

Mr D.Katsikes
    that so kindly allowed us to use the pictures of his creations (armors of 10th century) as basis for our textures.

Mr G.Rava
    for the inspiration we had ,reading the books that he was so wonderfully illustrated.

Special Thanks to the primary CBUR researching team :
    Neoptolemos
    Starlightman
    ByzantineKlibanophori
    Manuel Komnenos
    Agis Tournas

BGTW Team :
    Gogo-t
    NikeBG
    Alien-t

Credits :
    Kiskompi (Historical research and unit descriptions)
    dome (from Magyar mod)

faradon (from talewords forum)
    Paleologos (textures)
    Karaislam (modeling)
    Absinthia (model parts, weapons, textures)
    Koultouras (model parts, 3d banners, textures, 3d heads, varangian animation modification)
    Socal_Infidel (model parts)
    Slash-5 (conikal helmet)
    S-te-fan (model parts)
    Lord_Calidor (weapons)
    tone (his exelent scale texture)
    CounterPoint391 (sword models and textures)
    DisgruntledGoat (1066 model parts like arrow quivers , belts etc)
    LuBu (3d belts, shoulder and knee armor parts )
    Tzar (banner textures)
    Strelac (3d belts and primary varangian animation and advices)
    Rusichi TW/MARKA team (primary source of models, textures and horses)
    Dome (horse body textures)
    Alkimachos (helmet classic roman crests)
    AnthoniusII (model parts extensive modifications), Gravity/Realism mod
    Csatádi (Research help and advices/sugestionsBanzai,Fabiusbile for the animation pack and fixed bow animations)
    Briarius (Horse charge riders position fix)
    CounterPoint391 (Viking swords and their textures)
    Markhaselb (New lance and bow animations)
    Lord Calidor (Weapons and their textures)
    S-te-Fan
    =NF=Basileios the 2nd
    Slash-5
    Morfeasnikos
    (modeling)
    Byzantineklibanophori
    Agisilaos
    Pacco (for his wonderfull textures and his Byzantine shield texture pack)
    Master Zuma (for his help with the animation combilation)
    Lance for his wonderfull "cataphract" model)
    JMRC for his wonderfull kontarati animation and skeleton adjustment and for his many advices that helped us a lot)
    Banzai (for his wonderfull animation pack)
    tone, mihaiv and RSII team (for their permisions to use their wonderfull skins and other material like trees)
    Johnwhile (for his animations of the Roman Multi Arrow Balista)
    Razor (for his model and texture parts)
    Invasio Barbarorum/Joar (2d Message icons)
    Πεtr Φροποβ (for his wonderfull shield paterns and designs)
    PubliusKhanus /
    Starlightman: (Research/infos)
    XHolycrusader and EBII Team: (help with IWTE and use of Scriptideas)
    Strelac (For his 3d chest belts from his Pelekyphoroi Phrouroi)
    Rampante-Cid (Historical Info)
    De Bello Mundi/EoR (use of there Settlements and materials)
    firekiller (historical information)
    Constantius
    Sumskilz (Models and textures)
    Evyatar (for his scale cuirass texture)
    thelionheart (for his help with arabic names)
    Tsardom Team
    Cedric37 (2d)
    Withwnar (help with scripts and fixes)

LegendofTotalWar (Letsplaypromotion and feedback)

Special Thanks to :
    Rusichi TW modding team

All the People still playing this old Dreadnaught Medieval II Total War (Activision, Creativ Assembly, SEGA and Feral Interactive)
    with all it´s Mods and writing comments, tutorials and tools
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 04, 2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: TGC public Alpha II 0.9.8

Default Re: Save the Date - Puplic alpha 15.01.2020

I was about to ask when will countdown start.

great news!

great news indeed!
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Excellent, can't wait to try out a Roman or N
    Bulgarian campaign

Well that's good news! I've been waiting for a long time to play this mod. Good job!!

It's only been ten years? Worth it. Now what do I have to look forward to? Seriously though, "Thanks!" for all your work over the years.

Can't wait to play it! Have a fresh copy ready to go (assumed it was already out when I noticed it on TWCenter's homepage a couple weeks ago). Thank you and your team for giving us this mod

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great news!

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I am looking forward to it!

PekoBG's Avatar Laetus

2020 will be a great year! But i'm not a programmer, coder, scripter or any of those things, so other than reporting bugs and crashes and what not, there's not much else i can do. Well, let's start counting the days!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Great news man! I have a question:

How different will the armies/rosters be compared to the 0.82 version that i have?

I do know that the islamic factions have been re-worked, but i don't know to what extent? Will most units be the same or have a lot of things changed?
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

most units are the same, beside some minor upgrades/changes. ERE had a graphical update, but the units are retextured + used as rebels.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    most units are the same, beside some minor upgrades/changes. ERE had a graphical update, but the units are retextured + used as rebels.
    Alright i see- yes EoR have very old versions of the late era Roman units. The ones in 0.82 of TGC are different but the same models in the core. EoR is lacking most of them though so the ones there are pretty old.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Great news. I will try a Bulgarian campaign first, then probably an Aghlabid one. Don't forget to also post a link somewhere around here next time there is voting on favorite mods.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Can't wait!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by Kavhan Isbul View Post
    Great news. I will try a Bulgarian campaign first, then probably an Aghlabid one. Don't forget to also post a link somewhere around here next time there is voting on favorite mods.
    haha, damn we should have released a bit earlier, to get the 2019 nomination awards. 2020 is our Date

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020

Hi, I have downloaded and installed the mod, but I dont really understand what I should do to start a campaign as it crashes when I select any faction. I Know it has to do with custom unlocking of factions through a hotseat campaign but I dont know how to do that. Could anyone walk me through this process?

Thanks.

This is expected: you most likely have locked more than 1 faction (lombards are in by default). Choose the faction you like to play and you will see a blinking white underground around the factionicon. this means this faction is locked - but you now have to unlock the Lombards for example or any other faction you may have locked in the process by clicking on there icon one time (there factionicon blinks white when locked)

Legend of Total War explained it here at the start of the video @ 2:20 - 2:50
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 14, 2020 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks for the help, It solved the issue.

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast