Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 003 (29.05.2020)

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i´ve created a yes/no event at the beginning of every campaign.
    You can keep it as a future add on sub mod of yours. But please remove it from the official data.
    Player must have the ability to defend his cities even if there is no character in them. Also limited generals means that a player must be in a delima either to have them incharge of an army or as governors.
    This feature unballances the entire consept of the mod.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 003 (29.05.2020)

Hi everyone

Playing with Franks in VH/VH with patch 3 and without additional stuff

I noticed that diplomats I recruited have very few movements points. As an example it takes him 9 turns from Verona to Venezia, that is the nearest city.

Is it intended? If not, what is the problem? Did that happen to anyone else? If not, what can I do in order to solve the problem by myself?

And even if it is intended, what can I do in order to change that feature?

Thank you all

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

you need to wait one turn.
    diplomats in cities have the ambassador trait, that limit the movement range. check him next turn.

that´s the new script for the human player, you need a character aka governor in settlements to be able to recruit units and to avoid a turmoil malus.
    to compensate the need of characters, capital settlements are able to recruit generals at a very very slow rate
    And when would it be possible to recruit the first general in the capital?

Playing with Franks turn 2 and they are not avaiable.

Turmoil malus starts the turn after the one you left your settlement without governor right? Is that sure or is that only probable?

Thank you for the fast anwer to my previous question about diplomats. If I may ask, why did you give them that trait?
    Last edited by Afterman; June 01, 2020 at 07:31 AM.

most foreign diplomats roaming around cities or other capitols. for example, if your diplomat is sitting in your capitol, he´s running as an ambassador of your faction and is able to get in contact with surrounding diplomats + hold a diplomatic bonus - but the player isn´t able to cheat this trait and go to other foreign lands and use this stationary only bonus.

regarding the general - you need a royal palace - found in your capitol at Regensburg. The unit is called "Consilum Regis", but EFE start out with 3 extra Generals (two in Krainburg + 1 in Corse)
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; June 01, 2020 at 05:05 PM.

I repeat generals MUST NOT recruitable. Such feature UNBALANCES the whole consept of TGC as an idea. Please remove that and return to recruitment system i posted in the dev forums.
    You can add to small factions 1-2 more generals inthe start plus the dynasty trees of Jale's and that will be enough.
    "Adopting" or accepting as sons of law characters and dynasty members are enough.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

koultouras's Avatar Πέος

I have been inactive for quite long due to rl issues and due to the birth of my 2nd child.
    I know that it's a bit late and that I am more of a ghost from the past around this forum,
    but I would like to congrats my team for releasing this masterpiece of modding.
    I for once have dedicated to this mod my best IMHO overall modeling works.
    I don't think that I can ever do something prettier than tgc Lombards/Magyars/Arabs/ petchenegs and other.
    I don't think I can ever imagine "hacking" the model's animations'
    better than the way we did into the varagians or the royal guard of Chandax(sorry not even remembering the name of the unit)
    And tbh since I am no longer into modding, this is my top modding work for sure.
    And I am glad I shared this with a team so great and welcome and with guys like Absinthia, Leif_erickson, matthaeus(if he is still by that nickname,) NikeBG
    and so many other "trully greats" of M2tw modding scene.

I really hope you guys enjoy that, and what the rest of this great team has offered to you.
    Many thanks to Antonius for keeping the dream alive and insisting on keeping working on this,
    to tartarus for actually rejuvenating it and doing the dirty work for the release, and to all my former co-modders in this project for the
    magnificent work and collaboration.
    Farewell!
    Last edited by koultouras; June 02, 2020 at 03:56 AM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Too bad we cannot admire the previews.

most foreign diplomats roaming around cities or other capitols. for example, if your diplomat is sitting in your capitol, he´s running as an ambassador of your faction and is able to get in contact with surrounding diplomats + hold a diplomatic bonus - but the player isn´t able to cheat this trait and go to other foreign lands and use this stationary only bonus.

regarding the general - you need a royal palace - found in your capitol at Regensburg. The unit is called "Consilum Regis", but EFE start out with 3 extra Generals (two in Krainburg + 1 in Corse)
    I’m sorry but Krainburg is a rebel settlement in the starting map. Should it be different?

Other issues:
    1) Is it intended that some minor settlement does not have a name?

2)In Verona a unit of Italian militia cavalry has got the portrait of Vanilla M2tw “farmer warrior” (do not know what is the proprer name in eng game). Is it so Also for you?

(Playing without additional stuff)

EDIT: oh Im sorry you meant Krainsburg region

What about other issues?

EDIT2:
    3) Venice icon in the statistic panel and in the icons that you visualize Between turns is wrong because it Is the same as rebels

4) There Is a problem with the first quest with Franks: it tells me to secure borders and to conquer Trieste in particular. so it should be a rebel settlement but instead it Is a venician one

(Are issues 3 and 4 correlated?)
    Last edited by Afterman; June 04, 2020 at 10:47 AM.

thank you for your feedback
    but look at the fort in Krainsburg, you will find some troops there... same in corse

@ 1) no, we don´t have them completed
    @ 2) we will make proper UI as soon as Anthonius is finishing his new units. there are some other missing UI cards + some placeholders (like the armenians), but that will be done step by step - the farmer peasant is the vanilla me2tw placeholder
    @ 3) it´s a placeholder and will be adjusted. some venice units are placeholders too, like the spearunit is a cloned ERE scutatoi
    @ 4) no that´s intended - you need to wipe out venice in order to evolve into the HRE. To fullfill the evolution you need all the grenzmarkregions + the iron crown regions + war with pope

Hi everyone

Playing with Franks, PiterAI, CAI VH, BAI H, No optional stuff

I want to tell you abuot a bad BAI performance

I besieged rebels'Bastiglia in Corse after having defeated the rebel army that attacked me outside the city. Because of that the forces I sent there from Aleria were seriously resized, but I anyway attacked the city because the army defendit it was not so huge and also because I was hoping, being attackers and defenders quite similar in numbers, that the AI was not going to attack me so that I could have time to recover, but they did it wisely after only one turn of besiege. Infact some of their units that I could not see all details were quite strong and so was their general: in the end they were in advantage.

AND THAT WAS GOOD (CAI)

The battle: I found their army outside the gate I was attacking, all units but the general that was defending another gate (why!?). They had archers units. I started hitting them with my archers but they did not counter attack with theirs. I attacked them frontally with my infantry soldiers and on both sides with my two cavalry units. They did not counter attack: they only stood there defending the gate, but I think AI did not give them the order to attack my units, nor the order to use defensive modality because their units were quite strong, but I menaged to defeat them losing few soldiers. Meanwhile their only cavalry unit, the general, did not move from the other unusefull gate and also because of that I easily defeated their infantry armies who fought till when the few remnants run inside. And, only when I overpassed the gate following them, their general woke up and decided to attack me. Infact in that moment I understood that if they had use their general before I could have lost the battle because he menaged to kill most of my remaining soldiers easily. In the end I won but that was only because of this mistake related to the BAI.

WHY THAT? WHY THEY DID NOT MOVE TILL I PASSED THE GATES? WHAT WAS WRONG? (I UNDERLINE AGAIN THAT THEY ATTACKED ME BREAKING MY BESIEGE)

I have been trying to expand the AOR system for the romans using the inn building (for my personal use, I only use factions that were historically used by the romans as mercenaries) but it doesnt seem to be working even though the new units do appear in the building´s recruitment list, though not in the recruitment queue.

here is the command Im using:

coaching_house city requires factions { all, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent_limit spy 1
    agent_limit assassin 1
    agent spy 0 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter spy_limit 1
    agent assassin 0 requires factions { all, } and not event_counter assassin_limit 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    law_bonus bonus -4
    recruit_pool "Nemci" 1 0.025 1 0 requires factions { franks, hre, } and hidden_resource merc_frankonia
    recruit_pool "Lombard Kingsmen" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_lombards
    recruit_pool "Lombard Mounted Kingsmen" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_lombards
    recruit_pool "Tarkan Lancers" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_bulgars
    recruit_pool "Bagaini" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_bulgars
    recruit_pool "Norman Nobles" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_normans
    recruit_pool "Norman Kingsmen" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_normans
    recruit_pool "Pecheneg Nobles" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_bulgars
    recruit_pool "Milites Descensi" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_franks
    recruit_pool "Domestici" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_franks
    recruit_pool "Huscarlar" 1 0.15 1 0 requires factions { byz_reb, byzantium, } and region_religion roman 40 and hidden_resource aor_slavic

Am I doing something wrong?

if there´s no ownership for the units in edu and bmdb, then this will lead into problems
    changing the recruitment in edb only, is just one part for adding those units. best way is to look up a tutorial "how to add units from another faction"

Quote Originally Posted by Afterman View Post
    Hi everyone

Playing with Franks, PiterAI, CAI VH, BAI H, No optional stuff

I want to tell you abuot a bad BAI performance

I besieged rebels'Bastiglia in Corse after having defeated the rebel army that attacked me outside the city. Because of that the forces I sent there from Aleria were seriously resized, but I anyway attacked the city because the army defendit it was not so huge and also because I was hoping, being attackers and defenders quite similar in numbers, that the AI was not going to attack me so that I could have time to recover, but they did it wisely after only one turn of besiege. Infact some of their units that I could not see all details were quite strong and so was their general: in the end they were in advantage.

AND THAT WAS GOOD (CAI)

The battle: I found their army outside the gate I was attacking, all units but the general that was defending another gate (why!?). They had archers units. I started hitting them with my archers but they did not counter attack with theirs. I attacked them frontally with my infantry soldiers and on both sides with my two cavalry units. They did not counter attack: they only stood there defending the gate, but I think AI did not give them the order to attack my units, nor the order to use defensive modality because their units were quite strong, but I menaged to defeat them losing few soldiers. Meanwhile their only cavalry unit, the general, did not move from the other unusefull gate and also because of that I easily defeated their infantry armies who fought till when the few remnants run inside. And, only when I overpassed the gate following them, their general woke up and decided to attack me. Infact in that moment I understood that if they had use their general before I could have lost the battle because he menaged to kill most of my remaining soldiers easily. In the end I won but that was only because of this mistake related to the BAI.

WHY THAT? WHY THEY DID NOT MOVE TILL I PASSED THE GATES? WHAT WAS WRONG? (I UNDERLINE AGAIN THAT THEY ATTACKED ME BREAKING MY BESIEGE)
    i´ve noticed that a AI cavalryunits + general are trying to outflank me in sieges. they use the other gates to put there cav in the fields and attack my siege units from the flanks some time later. is think this is realted. BAI is standing on hold untill the gate are fallen. if they can´t flank they rush back to the plaza or defend the crushed gates. cavalry and sieges is still difficult to handle for any BAI

I humble request. Do not mess with unit recruitment system and AOR zones. Also i have not tested PeterAI but the previus two ones I have in my data with the combination of RealyBadAI give extremly chalenging battles lasting for hours if there are too many armies. I do not know what PiterAI gives more. My favorite still is XAI/BAI 4.1 vh/vh WITH RealyBadAI.

Just to clear this up, PiterAI is just for the campaign map AI and in patch 003 replaces the medimod CAI.

BattlemapAI is always RealbadAI + some little TGC-tweacks for both choices anytime.

Main discussion thread is closed for some reason....

@Anthonius
    I have searched for fort names for about month before I got that map so
    had 80% names ready before started coding... With that map I filled
    missing names. As you can see some names are missing on the map and some are not
    on the right position but that's not my fault, all is done by the book with
    Gigantus tutorial. Don't know why some names are invinsible.
    And names are either in Latin or Greek. It can be changed of course.

Arab dynasties are finished, only some historical descriptions remain
    to be filled in export_ancillaries, it will be done today hopefully.

Right. We continue.

UPDATE

Added Aghlabid, Tulunid and Abbasid dynasties.

As usual, tga files from anc folder copy to data/ui/ancillaries, descr.strat copy to
    data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign, export_ancillaries copy to
    data/text (DELETE its bin file), export_descr_ancillaries and export_descr_character_traits
    copy to data.

Requires new campaign.

Download:

https://mega.nz/file/LSIlnSiZ#Gzpwea...Gj8o9ferqCqiU8

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Just started a ERE campaign, unfortunately I got a CTD after the paulician event, and now the campaign doesn't load any more (ctd every time I try to load)
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler