Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020

@ stevie
    i will take a look, indeed sometimes the game is strange. thanks for pointing this out

@ perris0707
    that´s most likely a script that isn´t kicked in correctly (Finish of Paulicans). do you have the 4 GB patch activated? Most of this crashes are because of limited memory access.

@ mr. blob
    that´s interessting. never come across this issue. i wil take a look into the UI. the game found the file, but somehow runs in a loop.

@ antiochos_hierax
    thank you for the feedback.
    i tested dhrr script "romzug" some time ago. it covers the idea of heading to the capital city in take power as the new FL. it wasn´t included at this point, but it´s on my list
    the idea of somehow "imperium" / EBII limitations is interesting, but very frustrating too.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 17, 2020 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post

@ despotent mind
    currently try to investigate the ctd´s savegames.
    what do you mean with double gates? can you make a sscreenshot?
    I played a sally forth in Lombard fort, the front gate had "two gates" as in, one opened, but there was another door inside it, its like they overlapped or something, if I see it again I will take a screenshot.l

Found something! Yay!

Huge Cathedral says in description it allows you to recruit priests, but no priests showing up in recruitment pool.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

For what it's worth, I really like the idea of a "crowned Basileus" script, to represent the centrality of the people of Constantinople in choosing their Emperor. You could even go further, and set a script (if possible) wherein even a FH gets a usurper trait until he arrives in Constantinople - and all the attendant risks of civil war this would bring. And it's entirely historical too- all Emperors who acceded to the title in the field historically made an immediate beeline for the City to be acclamated and legitimated by the people.

I just have way too many CTDs with every faction, I'm gonna have to give up for now. Really sucks cause enjoyed the mod.

Continued the Bulgarian campaign. Had a persistent CTD when taking Justinianopolis. Decided to lift siege, resupply army, siege again and next time I took it did not have a CTD.

The buffer regions quest was completed without further issues. Had the Bogomil uprising too without CTDs - kind of weird though, as Bogomil himself was not yet born at the time.

Had a general wonder in the Carpathian Mountains in a region just north of the starting Bulgarian border and saw that he can actually recruit a mercenary unit in the open - Peshi Draguai or something like that, a Slavic heavy infantry. The mercenary unit was missing its card picture.

Can someone post detailed instructions on how to install the 4GB patch (and will it be save game compatible)?

@tartaros - I did not have the GB4 patch. I downloaded it and will try the campaign again. Thanks for the help! Love the mod!

I'm pretty sure the 8 turn crash has to do with the Autonomy for Venice script, it worked for me, after restarting the campaign.

that´s also a possibility.
    will need to run some checkups without the different scripts

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

I finally got round to playing a few rounds, playing the Romans.
    First off all: Wow, what an achievement this mod is shaping up to be. Well done to all involved. Really excellent.
    - So far, not one single CTD. For an alpha version, that is already quite a feat.
    - Campagain is challenging, even Rebels are a tough nut to crack.
    - Battles are balanced and exciting.
    - My god, the artwork is amazing.
    - Apart from the few little things that will be added (campaign map generals, missing buildings etc.) I have nothing to criticise...

So glad you guys took your time to make this and didn't rush it to make something half-baked...
    Really outstanding work.
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Maybe one minor little suggestion. Constantinopel is way too small... even for the time period...
    ~Alfred Adler

Hello, I play campaign for Lombard, but my game fall when I reach 29 turn. Is it possible fix this problem?

Attached Files Attached Files

Update: Getting CTD (unspecified error) at AD 6386

Edit: it might be the same one as in the post above - I also get it when the campaign AI reaches the Rebels...
    Last edited by Antonius; January 18, 2020 at 03:49 PM.
    ~Alfred Adler

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Glad you've reached so far guys! I wish I had the time to check out your work now!

I restarted as the Romans. I am on turn 13 with no crashes yet. Survived the Autonomy of Venice and the Paulician battle. I would gladly to edits on the scripts for things like securing the border regions and securing the islands but I can't find which file they are in. This has been a lot of fun on snowy nights!

Can't find a way out of this crash if someone can help. Save file & System log added. Occurs on end turn when it gets to Venice.

France.7zFrance.7z

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

So i started a campaign, selected only one faction, but it still gives me notifications about hotseat. What's the go with that? Why can't i just start a normal campaign without any hotseat notifications?

you need to unlock the lombards by clicking on there icon. they are locked in by default. then choose a faction you want to play.
    hotseat is needed in TGC, there´s no way around. once you get used to the starting mechanism, it´s not much difference to the normal start.

@ all
    a usefull way to get around some ctd is to save every turn by it´s number. you end up with alot of savegames, where you can roll back to a situation that is not crashing.

@setwo
    i was able to finish the turn. i attached the savegame of turn 30.
    at first ry the game ctd. i´ve then reloaded and gave a character a estate for 5.000 nm + toggle_fow back again.

@ araval
    thank you
    when you found some time, maybe you can hunt some bugs with us

@ perris0707
    what do want to edit. i most likely know where to find it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; January 19, 2020 at 04:00 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Maybe one minor little suggestion. Constantinopel is way too small... even for the time period...
    What do you mean too small. Its strat_map model portays it as it was with all its walls and shape. In battle map it should be Huge_City model unless it is not.

Doesn't Constantinople look this way on the map in your data version?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    What do you mean too small. Its strat_map model portays it as it was with all its walls and shape. In battle map it should be Huge_City model unless it is not.

Doesn't Constantinople look this way on the map in your data version?
    The Campaign Map model is beautiful and perfect.
    But the settlement has a population of only 6000
    ~Alfred Adler