Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    NO
    Generals bodyguards are a unit like all others. NO hiden advandages no hiden stats, no immortality.
    TGC is a educational tool first and then a mod. If i wanted a mod like all others it would be ready 10 years ago!
    All units stats are temporal , the final will be made by me and Koultouras. That was teh reason i insisted for a 2nd round closed beta.

I like the "educational tool first" attitude very much. Indeed, it's something I'm looking in the games. The problem starts when some mechanisms induce player to do the un-realistic things, like those I've described in the WotN problem with generals. If you leave the AI generals without additional HP, they'll die unrealistically and unhistorically quickly. If you leave large bodyguards with high number of small settlements, you'll have players roaming with armies of generals. Not quite so realistic, imo.
    But there're many things possible in the Medieval 2 engine to balance issues and to provide for a realistic gameplay.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I like the "educational tool first" attitude very much. Indeed, it's something I'm looking in the games. The problem starts when some mechanisms induce player to do the un-realistic things, like those I've described in the WotN problem with generals. If you leave the AI generals without additional HP, they'll die unrealistically and unhistorically quickly. If you leave large bodyguards with high number of small settlements, you'll have players roaming with armies of generals. Not quite so realistic, imo.
    But there're many things possible in the Medieval 2 engine to balance issues and to provide for a realistic gameplay.
    Both XAI 4.1 and the other AI system are ment to be played in Hard/Hard or Very Hard/ Very Hard dificulties. Believe me. All these years testing the models enemy generals do not die easily.
    Yesterday , testing the rest armenian AOR units i played again the Paulikians battle in VH/VH campaign . I was shocked how XAI's BAI used its cavalry and infantry in some of the bloodiest battles i ever saw. In previus time i posted a picture with the title "The Battle of Five Armies" having 2 full stack Roman (byzantine) armies against 3 full stack Magyar ones! It took me more than an hour to win ussing XAI's BAI in VH/VH , the enemy units retreated to regroup and returned again and again, my panicked units gathered in safe placed and becomed available again ... And remember the stats are not finall. In general , Palace units will be stronger than your geberal's guards in all factions.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    the rebel turn was finished and ctd happen during the start of chandax new turn. do besiege something? can you pload a savegame?
    You mean upload the savegame? Sure.

In this file you have the Chandax save game (2a), and a log file from my Lombard campaign, where I got a ctd in the 8th turn, but the I re-loaded and the game did not ctd again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Both XAI 4.1 and the other AI system are ment to be played in Hard/Hard or Very Hard/ Very Hard dificulties. Believe me. All these years testing the models enemy generals do not die easily.
    Yesterday , testing the rest armenian AOR units i played again the Paulikians battle in VH/VH campaign . I was shocked how XAI's BAI used its cavalry and infantry in some of the bloodiest battles i ever saw. In previus time i posted a picture with the title "The Battle of Five Armies" having 2 full stack Roman (byzantine) armies against 3 full stack Magyar ones! It took me more than an hour to win ussing XAI's BAI in VH/VH , the enemy units retreated to regroup and returned again and again, my panicked units gathered in safe placed and becomed available again ... And remember the stats are not finall. In general , Palace units will be stronger than your geberal's guards in all factions.
    Fair play, thanks for the answer!

My wish in this context is just that one doesn't fall into the WotN trap: given the large number of relatively weak provinces, don't make the player playing with armies of generals, mod it in such a way that it's always better to have one general in an army.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Fair play, thanks for the answer!

My wish in this context is just that one doesn't fall into the WotN trap: given the large number of relatively weak provinces, don't make the player playing with armies of generals, mod it in such a way that it's always better to have one general in an army.
    Generals (characters) are not recruitable. I nee your attention though. In each faction there is an aristocracy unit (few factions like the Muslims may have two).
    These are the Roman loyalist Aristocrats.

These are the Usurpers or Rebel ones :

You will nottice that they are too close to cataphracts (in fact they are cataphracts)...but inorder to have such a unit the player must deside to build Estates and such a unit requires 15 turns to become available.
    In the finall stage the upkeep cost of such units will be huge. That way we portay accuratly the middle ages world and keep a ballance of avoiding to have huge number of armies with such units in them ONLY.
    That way the player can have ellite units from the start but BEWARE of the villagers!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

It's slightly different from the point I made: you don't need to be able to recruit generals (characters) to be flooded with them - you just get them through adoption (and Man-of-the-Hour).
    It's very intersting mechanism of estates you're showing - and exactly, to make it important in the game you need to avoid that flood of adopted generals.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

It's slightly different from the point I made: you don't need to be able to recruit generals (characters) to be flooded with them - you just get them through adoption (and Man-of-the-Hour).
    It's very intersting mechanism of estates you're showing - and exactly, to make it important in the game you need to avoid that flood of adopted generals.
    This is a true issue in many mods. I didn't want adoptions in Hyrule: Total War: Classic Ultimate for the Church of Majora and the Oocca - the two new factions in the submod- because Undying Nephalim had succeeded in removing adoptions for all the older factions. Unfortunately it seemed complicated to remove them..

All i know is that he used advanced scripts in the descr_script-file to disable adoptions- and then he made the generals recruitable through the descr_script-file. I had a hard time adding said script to the new factions due to it being lengthy and also placed in the middle of many other scripts. It's hard to know what not to use and what to use.

But what i can tell you is that if you let armies and their family members spawn in the descr_strat-file- then the generals will always be adoptable. Only by moving everything to the descr_script (everything about family members and leaders etc) can you disable adoptions. Undying Nephalim managed to do it for all the older factions of Hyrule Total War. And it's good- but hard to copy what he did.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 16, 2020 at 08:30 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

You're right, Mr Nygren, that it's very difficult to disable adoptions. My solution to this issue is: we have to live with the number of generals equal to the number of provinces - as the engine of the Medieval 2 dictates.
    If in a mod there're many small provinces, you need to cope somehow with the issue of armies-full-of-generals. You need to make the generals' bodyguard unit small (as eg Tartaros suggested), and/or make the generals necessary to rule provinces (it's my solution in the SSHIP: you can buff up the income of a province by 20-50% so the player has to leave governors behind), or you make the upkeep extremely expensive.

As always in the games, there're trade-offs.

Lombardia campaign turn 41, CTD constantly after Rebels...

Also some settlements have double gates?
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; January 16, 2020 at 09:47 AM.

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Another odd crash for me- this time on turn 68 for Crete, where the game froze simply through scrolling through the campaign map. Not sure where this has come from?

As an aside, any suggestions for uploading logs? Given the enormous size of the log file, TWCenter won't let me upload.

Another few small issues noted whilst playing...

- My general is getting the various rationing traits in friendly provinces, albeit when not in cities. Is this intentional?
    - As a suggestion- would it be possible to link the rationing traits to increased/decreased movement points?
    - I noticed a Roman commander called "Isaacios", which seems to be a mixup between the Greek Isaakios and the English Isaac- is this intentional?
    - "Venician" should be spelled "Venetian".

PS- Hope I'm not being over critical here- I'm just trying to give useful feedback when testing. On the whole, I'm having plenty of fun!

I managed to play several turns as Bulgaria last night, and here are my first impressions

Stability & Scripts:
    - I got a CTD on my first campaign attemt at the end of the first turn. After that, started another campaign and had no issues so far;
    - I get to see what happens in Crete when an Abbasid army landed there. Not sure that I should as Bulgaria. The Romans immediately declared war on the Abbasids, as intended;
    - I got the border regions mission script a few turns in, and I get small, but actually quite valuable rewards for every border region taken (well, I only took one so far, but the script works). These rewards are on top of council mission rewards, and when stacked provide a huge boost - you can basically immediately replace any losses with the new units received.

Interface thoughts:
    - The Roman style building icons are somewhat hard to understand by just looking at them, at least for me. No big deal. Bulgarian buildings are mostly vanilla in terms of building icons, so more intuitive.

Economy:
    - The minor settlements are extremely valuable for free upkeep reasons;
    - In most areas, the biggest economic boost is provided by building town guard structures because of the free unit upkeep;
    - Apart from farms, there is very little to be built early on to boost the economy, as roads exist everywhere. Trade is strong, but no merchants, as far as I can see;
    - There is very little to build in villages, and those grow slowly;
    - Historically, Pliska and Preslav had substantial stone walls (Omurtag made sure that was the case with the use of Roman engineers). In the game, they start with wooden walls, which is fine for balancing purposes I guess.

Diplomacy:
    - The AI is extremely friendly and quite ready to give trade rights and alliances. In fact, the Romans even agreed to pay a tribute for that, and the other factions would have probably paid too, if not for going bankrupt;
    - Seems like small factions (Serbia, Croatia, Moravia) go bankrupt almost immediately;
    - Only Serbia refused to give me an alliance, but this si fine, as they are a very easy target once the border regions between me and the Romans are divided.

Military:
    - Bulgaria starts with a huge military dispersed everywhere, which can easily drive the economy into the red if not almost immediately dispersed into minor settlements;
    - Bulgaria also gets 22 or so generals at the start. With one exception, they are all disloyal bastards, so obviously intended to be used as governors and not moved all over the map, however one can easily use them to boosts tacks led by the ruler or the heir;
    - The recruitment pools of levy units refresh extremely fast - you can spam spearmen and archers all you want;
    - There seems to be no area of recruitment mechanics, apart from a culture minimum requirement. This is fine, as it makes sense to reach a certain percentage before being able to recruit factions troops. However, I have not seen the ability to recruit region specific levies and nobles anywhere. I guess this means that if I take Tobruk as Bulgaria one day, I will eventually be able to recruit my Slavic and Bulgar units there when I get the culture to 30% Balkan, but meanwhile, no bedouin troops for example. Kind of makes the mod lack a little bit of flavor;
    - Basic units require only the first level of the town guard building (and the culture requirement), so immediate access to them is very easy;
    - There are almost no mercenaries that a general can recruit in the open (probably not a bad thing). I can get mercenary ships - expensive to recruit but not that expensive in terms of upkeep. I see that the Inn building introduces additional Magyar units. Need to build one to test this;

Battles (only had one battle):
    - The units are really beautiful, well done there;
    - Archers are generally very weak - in fact, the professional archers are more useful in melee;
    - Battles are slow paced, as units die slowly in melee;
    - Levy spearmen can do extremely well in melee against mounted armored nobles. Not historical, but probably OK for balancing purposes, especially with the abundance of general units at the start. However, considering how abundant they are and easy to spam, it makes the pursuit of higher level units somewhat unnecessary;
    - Charging cavalry on the other hand still inflicts a ton of casualties - typical of M2TW;
    - Also typical of M2TW, when the general dies, a mass route ensues.

Overall, so far this is a great mod and the mod I have always been waiting for. Some suggestions, which you are of course completely free to ignore:
    - Make the AI more hostile to the human player. Not sure if this is a XCAI issue or not, but alliances are a bit too easy. So far I cannot tell how much the AI will honor those alliances - in Vanilla, they are almost meaningless, while in EBII for example the AI is absolutely not breaking them, ever.
    - Too many starting generals is an exploit issue - I would lower the generals from one per starting settlement to one per a wide area - for example one in Panonia, one in the Vardar region (what is nowadays Northern Macedonia), one in North Dobrudja, etc. Their wages and upkeep even combined are only 200 per turn, or the equivalent of light cavalry, so they are a bit OP, especially when combined in great numbers in a stack;
    - I would lower the unit replenishment rate even for levies. Too easy to spam them and quickly build a full stack;
    - I would also make the requirements for training basic units a little harder than a 2-turn, 1,800 numisma building. Or maybe limit that to peasants only, with higher level buildings necessary for the recruitment of more useful units;
    - Introducing more flavor through regional recruitment options - vast empires will inevitably have some ethnic variety in their armies. Bulgarian armies from the period probably still included Avars, unassimilated Slavs, Roman renegades, Pecheneg allies etc.;
    - Levies are a bit too strong based on my early impressions. If levy spearmen can hold an enemy cataprhact unit long enough for me to deploy my heavy cavalry eslewhere, it feels unhistorical and makes it easy to beat the AI with cheap units. There should be a pronounced difference in the performance of professional units versus basic levies.

maybe the ctd is becausce their is no text of event; end_of_turn in the historic_event text file?

Hey all,

Anyone know how to install the "4gb_patch.exe" from the optional stuff download? All it does is attempt to open a file and does not behave like a installer.

May explain why all of a sudden I am getting CTD's at end turns now for any campaign after my main game CTD'd.

Really hope these CTD's are fixed. Amazing mod, very SLOW PACED which is exactly what I have been looking for in ages. Currently reinstalling the mod to see if that helps with the CTD's I have been getting.

EDIT - Nope, still getting them.

Code:
    12:55:04.443 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <OfferedForMarriage_Loyal_Superstitious> fired12:55:04.443 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Sobriety_Drink_Starter_OfferedForMarriage> fired
    12:55:04.443 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Setting_Spring_OfferedForMarriage> fired
    12:55:04.443 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Setting_Summermounth_OfferedForMarriage> fired
    12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesshiar_Allied_fatimids_IV> 
    : DiplomaticStanceFromCharacter needs a living character.

when testing <DiplomaticStanceFromCharacter> condition
    12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesshiar_AtWar_fatimids_I> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesstepper_Allied_pechenegs_IV> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesstepper_AtWar_pechenegs_I> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesstepper_Allied_magyars_IV> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesstepper_AtWar_magyars_I> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesstepper_Allied_turcomans_IV> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesstepper_AtWar_turcomans_I> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likesrusr_Allied_kiev_IV> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatesrusr_AtWar_kiev_I> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_abasids_IV> 

12:55:04.443 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_abasids_I> 

12:55:04.444 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_tulunids_IV> 

12:55:04.444 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_tulunids_I> 

12:55:04.444 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_aghlabids_IV> 

12:55:04.444 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_aghlabids_I> 

12:55:04.444 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Likessunnir_Allied_chandax_IV> 

12:55:04.444 [game.script] [error] Trigger processing error in <Hatessunnir_AtWar_chandax_I> 

12:55:04.444 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/generic/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga.dds
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [info] exists:   found data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [trace] file open,,1DC68BE8,,not found
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [trace] pack open,packs/data_2.pack,data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga,217308
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [info] open:   found data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga (from: packs/data_2.pack)
    12:55:04.444 [system.io] [trace] pack close,,data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/marriage_bride_available.tga,,,-217308
    12:55:04.451 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Prim_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    12:55:04.451 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CharacterBecomesAFather_LetUsPray_I> fired
    12:55:04.451 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CharacterBecomesAFather_LetUsPray_II> fired
    12:55:04.451 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <TakingMoreCare_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    12:55:04.453 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Prim_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    12:55:04.453 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CharacterBecomesAFather_LetUsPray_I> fired
    12:55:04.453 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <CharacterBecomesAFather_LetUsPray_II> fired
    12:55:04.453 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <TakingMoreCare_CharacterBecomesAFather> fired
    12:55:04.461 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/generic/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga
    12:55:04.461 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:55:04.461 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga.dds
    12:55:04.462 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/TGC/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:55:04.462 [system.io] [trace] file open,,2047D738,514844
    12:55:04.462 [system.io] [info] open:   found mods/TGC/data/ui/northern_european/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:55:04.462 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Switz; January 16, 2020 at 12:57 PM.

Sorry for 2x Post. Just want to post a update I did and now did not get a CTD. Have not tested much in game yet to see if this was my issue, but maybe any of you who decided to pause their campaign due to a CTD could try this and see if it works. All it is is the simple M2TW quick mod call. I noticed when I ran as administrator the TGC launcher in the mods/TGC folder it could not find M2TW and Kingdoms exe.

Anyway:

1) Go to where you have M2TW installed.
    2) Right Click "medieval2" exe application
    3) Create Shortcut and place it on Desktop
    4) Right click on the new shortcut file on your desktop
    5) Select Properties
    6) Paste below at end of what is in the Target line. Leave a space after .....dieval II Total War/medieval2.exe" *SPACE* then paste in --features.mod=mods\TGC
    7) Save and then RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

If you are a Steam User and your M2TW path is like mine below, then you can just replace the entire target line with this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" --features.mod=mods\TGC

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

I am downloading right away, I have been waiting for more than 10 years since 2009.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

@kavhan isbul
    thanks for the detailed reply.

regarding the recruitment: economy should be in theory the limited factor to recruit und sustain units. innīs are the only resource for mercenaries, besides ships for everyone. every region has an other focus. some regions have no mercenaries. to see regional units, you need to conquer regions outside your home territories / cultural area. your example with tobrik will be: no factional units until you changed the culture, which is a very slow process + the recruitment of factional units is slower than in your homelands. in the mean time basic berber units are available at a low level from the start. there are many different units for every faction available as local units - conquer areas elsewhere and you will notice the mechanics. the complete map is coded this way for every faction in return.

revealed map in cyprus is not meant to see for other faction than ERE and Abasids. this is a bug i think i fixed some time ago - but obviersly not.

The Cai will betray alliances at some point.

@ giorgios
    for some unknown reasons, at some point the map in the magyars area is bugged. if you scroll over the del_bug region the game ctd. iīm not shure why. gigantus took a look, but he didnīt find a reason for this strange behavoir + it is kind of random.
    spelling issues are good to track. i try to keep them fixed when you notice them

you can pack the file with 7zip and put it into the attachment.

@ despotent mind
    currently try to investigate the ctdīs savegames.
    what do you mean with double gates? can you make a sscreenshot?

@switz
    the error is from a trigger that brings a carracter to hate or love a nother culture. the are shown as errorīs in the log, but donīt cause any damage or ctd.

the 4gb patch is checking your kingdoms.exe and change a codeline. you can also do it manually with an exe. reader for doublecheck.

@stevietheconquerer
    mhh, donīt think they need a text entry. are you shure with that?

I am playing as Kievan Rus,

I got CTD on my own turn. System log is too big. However, last lines are:
    21:15:22.105 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds21:15:22.105 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.105 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.105 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.105 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga,24668
    21:15:22.106 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.106 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/units/kiev/diplomat.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.106 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/units/kiev/diplomat.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.106 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.106 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.107 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.107 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.107 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga,24668
    21:15:22.107 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.107 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/units/kiev/diplomat.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.107 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/units/kiev/diplomat.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.108 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.108 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.108 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.108 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.108 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga,24668
    21:15:22.108 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/units/kiev/diplomat.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/units/kiev/diplomat.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga.dds
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange_select.tga
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga,24668
    21:15:22.109 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC/data/ui/rus/buildings/#rus_corn_exchange.tga (from: D:\Installed games\Medieval 2 TW)
    21:15:22.947 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.
    It appears it has something to do with UI for grain exchange building that I've started to build the turn on which I've experienced CTD.

Tartaros said;@stevietheconquerer
    mhh, donīt think they need a text entry. are you shure with that?

maybe it can ctd the mod sometimes as it most search for the text in the total war files but the text is not needed,so mine misteak,after loading again it will be good.
    i got once an error in mine battles as it could strangely not find the event picture
    battle_generaldeathenemy,only when i put that picture in, the battle was without a ctd,sometimes the game can go strange and i do not known why(sorry for mine bad english)
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; January 16, 2020 at 03:00 PM.

CTD after turn 8 playing as ERE. Last lines of system log:
    20:57:16.043 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Happy_GeneralDevastatesTile_Scout> fired
    20:57:16.043 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <General_PoorlySupplied_DevastatesTile> fired
    20:57:16.050 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/generic/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga
    20:57:16.050 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/greek/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    20:57:16.050 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/TGC/data/ui/greek/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga.dds
    20:57:16.050 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/TGC/data/ui/greek/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    20:57:16.050 [system.io] [trace] file open,,376854D0,514844
    20:57:16.050 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/TGC/data/ui/greek/eventpics/end_of_turn.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    20:57:17.314 [bink] [debug] [mods/TGC/data/fmv/faction/placeholder.bik]Pause on
    20:57:17.314 [bink] [debug] [mods/TGC/data/fmv/faction/placeholder.bik]Pause on
    20:57:17.836 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

Some observations and suggestions after playing the Roman Campaign.

Positives:
    -I am a big fan of the General's Units being an actual unit of cavalry instead of having only 5-10 men. It feels like having actual commanders/ generals commanding entire forces instead of just observing (historically emperors would sometimes participate in the fight, like John Tzimiskes' cavalry charge. I hope that doesn't change.
    -The units look great and I enjoy the slower paced battles much more. Archers are balanced in my opinion, as they are there to harass (as they did historically) instead of annihilate units as I have seen in some other mods. They are very useful in sieges.
    - The fighting maps are great too.
    - I'm enjoying the Buffer regions missions and the garrison spawn is a nice addition too.
    - I am a big fan of Generals being important in leading armies. If a good general battles against a captain, the captain's army melts away fast, which is historically true and I hope it doesn't change.

Suggestions-
    - Some of the Roman Surnames appear to be in the feminine form for male generals (eg Dalassena , Macrembolitissa). I have changed some of the names (and added others) to be more accurate for the period. I can add them here if you want.
    - I believe more regions need to be more developed from the start. Cities like Dyrrachion, Attaleia, Seleukeia, Bari, Nikaia, Ankara, Syracuse etc. should start with stone walls, maybe give them a low starting population and low population increase, so it is difficult to upgrade them. Or you can have the cities start with damaged buildings in these cities (eg roads), which will then cost a lot of money to repair (like in EB2 where the player can repair Persepolis or the Aegae Tombs)
    -More cities in Bulgaria and Crete need to start with at least a Upgraded Wooden Wall instead of a Wooden Palisade.
    - There are some pathfinding issues in the Wooden Palisade settlements. There is lots of empty space but it is impossible for units to move on it and instead can only move in the really narrow roads.
    - I would suggest a Silk factory building for the Southern Greek cities (eg Patrai, Korinthos, Athens), having this will lower unit replacement rate as workers are too valuable.
    - The battle of Bathys Ryax would be more enjoyable if it was a night ambush battle or if the army of Chrysocheir suffered some sort of morale penalty, as historically it was an ambush.
    - I'd suggest that if the player conquers Crete and if the Emirate of Chandax is destroyed there is a big chance of the Abbasids, Tulunids or Aghlabids declaring war (as there was talk of starting a jihad after Nikephoros' conquest).
    - Serbia and Bulgaria should dislike each other. Playing as the Romans, i offered Serbia 100,000 nomismata to join me in a war with Bulgaria and they wouldn't even think about it.

About the Romans:
    - Regarding people saying the Romans are too easy to play I would like to suggest a solution to making it more interesting.
    - When starting two generals should start with the Ancillaries "Domestikos of the East" and "Domestikos of the West" and "Domestikos ton Scholon" (highest), Only the emperor and these three generals should be the ones conducting large campaigns, hence the ancillaries should give a large movement bonus, authority bonus and loyalty. If the ancillary is transferred to a different general, the one who lost it should lose loyalty (making it more likely for a civil war to occur). Generals without the ancillary should have lower movement points meaning normal generals are only authorised to conduct local operations.
    - If a general wins five or more big battles (against more than say 12 enemy units), he will request to be awarded a title and a triumph from the emperor. This will in turn ask the player to pay 5,000 nomismata for the general's triumph and pension. If the player accepts, the general gains the trait "Patrikios", increasing authority and loyalty. If not, the general instantly rebels and a civil war starts.
    - Characters under the age of 20 should have almost no movement points, as they are still not trusted to govern a province or command an army. Staying in Constantinople or in a city with a school building (which I suggest introducing) gives a higher chance of getting good traits.
    - Lastly, I suggest a coronation script. If the Emperor dies, the Heir (now Emperor) should rush to Constantinople. To be legitimized, the now-Emperor needs to stay in Constantinople for 2 or 3 turns. If the population of Constantinople is happy, the emperor will gain a "crowned Basileus" trait, increasing authority and faction-wide loyalty by all generals, if an Emperor has an "uncrowned Basileus" trait, loyalty decreases factionwide.

These are some of my suggestions. Overall, I'm enjoying the mod a lot. I am yet to see a civil war and a shadow-faction in either the Roman or the Bulgarian faction.