Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Some news about the Islamic Roster rework?
    Regards
    the temporary step i will follow is that i will keep the units as they are now and to cloned units i will give the same models with each faction textures.
    The next step will be the desision of the name of the similar units that we will keep for all comon units (either the cretan ones or the generic english ones) and finally add the unique units of theirs..
    Also a Georgian heavy cavalry unit will be added to ROMAN roster for an event battle similar to the Paulikian one.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nice,
    btw the georgian heavy cav will make a special georgian in twc happy

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

AnthoniusII

Georgian cavalry in 10-12 centuries:

Servants (Mokme) - served feudal lords, trained with them, did not have horse armor

Feudals (Aznauri) - at most they had a horse's neck scale or lamelar crinet. I have drawn this crinet and umbracatervae777 create for Aznauri units.

Aristocracy - (Tadzreuli ) - They had really heavy horse armor. Sometimes heavier than cataphracts. Military historian Mamuka Tsurtsumia has Byzantine and Armenian sources in his work

bodyguard(Chukhchi) - because it was guard Institute king's And Generals , they had heavy horse iron lamellar armor like a Tadzreuli

Monaspa (Mercerany Regular Cavalry )- was a regular army of mercenaries mainly of Kivchags and other North Caucasians.It existed only in the 12th century. However, Georgians hired Kipchakes and other North Caucasians even in the 13th and 14th centuries, But it was not a regular foreign army like Monaspa, it was a momentary mercenary - Roki Spa

Shields were kite shields and round. kite shield is better for knight cavalry Bow, maces and curved sword spread in Georgian cavalry in the 13th century -After battles and relations Mongols, Kipchaks and Turks. Georgian cavalry was transformed from Byzantine -Norman type cavalry to a nomadic style, because they could not win against the nomads with only heavy cavalry. umbracatervae777 created lot Georgian helmets, armors and weapons for 11-12 th century.We have been working for years and We protect the accuracy of details . I recommend using his models or creating based on them - if you can do better

I think you also need Georgian spearmen - Metsikhovne spearmen, they can create a wall of shields and stand firmly on the front line. Hovhannes Draskhanakertc’i, chronicler and Catholicos of Armenia, preserved animportant account on the tenth-century Georgian infantry: “The multiple troops
    with shields erected a mighty wall.”40 According to the chronicler, the infantry soldiers erected the shields in such a way that they created an impregnable obstacle.41
    Here is described the formation of the infantry called “shield wall,” a phalanx-like formation created by infantry with large shields supporting one another. Only
    well-disciplined infantry, divided into tactical units would be able to make up theshield wall. The discipline and training were crucial to replace the wounded and
    killed in battle without disturbing the formation itself.Creating a wall of sufficient length was possible only with tactical units who knew exactly where they stood in the formation.42 Michael Psellus provides an account of the Georgian troops who fought against the Byzantine Emperor Basil II at Abydos in 989: Bardas Phokas.

Georgian archers had a command of various methods of shooting arrows. The 111r miniature of the Second Tetraevangelion of Jruchi depicts foot archers shooting arrows at the castle while protecting themselves with a shield .This method is called shooting under a shield and is repeatedly mentioned in Arabic military manuals.47 During the sieges, this method allowed the shooter to approach the castle wall relatively safely.48 Foot archers were realistically depicted on the 186v miniature of the same Gospel: out of the protective equipment, the archers wear only metal helmets and padded fabric garments and are armed with
    a relatively large composite bow.

Georgian Flag "gorgasliani" for 10-11th century, better is ifcreate without text. and georgian cross for battle

Couched Lance and Mounted Shock Combat in the East: The Georgian Experience
    https://www.academia.edu/7781595/Cou...ian_Experience

The Art of War in Georgia in the Eleventh Century and the War with Byzantium
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/8cvk0...ntium.pdf/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 10, 2023 at 06:29 PM.
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice research, I could never understand why, they choose to take on Basil II at the height of his power and strength

In the 1.0 rellease only the Aznauri will apear in a certain date part of the Roman army .
    They wont have armored horsses and they will use straight blade swords (TGC in in 10 th century) and round shiels based on teh textures you sent me.
    Later if everything goes better a 10 unit Georgian ARMY ROSTER (its the average number of all rosters ) could be part in the new campaign with new map "Strugle for Anatolia" the will include lands of Georgia anyway.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

That sounds fantastic

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I will help you about the Kingdom of Georgia. Write to me when you start creating Georgian units

I have to be that person and ask that question
    How long before I can start a fresh campaign? What's going on behind the TGC closed doors. I'm really looking forward to a new campaign

Untill Jurceck finds some time to fix the campaign scripts mess (parts of _tartaros_, Calistonian, Miquel_80 that most of them missing in a bizzare way) and add bittehowl's East Frankia to HRE transdormation via event.
    More events will be added later. Priority is to have a stable campaign script right now.

AnthoniusII

I corrected the map a little, there was too much imbalance between the highlands and lowlands.

What if Venice was made an island state?
    It's a shame that Venice is an unplayable faction.

https://imtw.ru/topic/8693-the-great-conflicts-872-1071/page__view__findpost__p__2878974
    Last edited by Andrewnator; November 10, 2023 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewnator View Post
    AnthoniusII

I corrected the map a little, there was too much imbalance between the highlands and lowlands.

https://imtw.ru/topic/8693-the-great-conflicts-872-1071/page__view__findpost__p__2878974
    THE main problem is that the coast line is higher than the inland in meny cases. That has an unpleasant effect of strat_map city models half sunk into the land.
    An other problem is that some ports use the smae map tile and they are "above" the strat_map city models.
    Finally because the map covers relativle small part of the world we have to much detail line to many mountains that "loads" the game and cause CTDs .
    If you are willing to help us with the map we could use your skills and in exchange we could share with you TGC material. Tell me what you think.
    Out intentions for the map are:
    1: Reduge by merging 1/3 of the mountains.
    2: Increase the distance of the coast lines from the nearest mountains inorder the game will create smoother battlefields.
    3: Fix the hight of the coast lines.
    4: Delete 1/4 of the un-used islands and rocks.
    5: Change some provinces borders.
    Think about our offer . We are not ungratefull to those that help us.

Let me try this, let me experiment.
    I'll let you know what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewnator View Post
    Let me try this, let me experiment.
    I'll let you know what comes of it.

We do not have IWTE experts that could make Venice an island city conected with the shores va a bridge I am afraid.
    Venice will play a crucila role in the TGC forcused campaigns that will follow the TGC 1.0 main campaign version.
    1st The srugle for Anatolia with Seljucks already playable.
    2nd The strugle fpr Italy with Normans and Venetians already playable. Both campaigns will start after 1000 AD.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Happy New Year TGC team!

I know that this likely isn't a priority moving forward, but if there is a new release/update on the horizon anytime remotely soon, it would be nice to have new or updated campaign map models. It seems like this was given some consideration before since the Romans do have a unique general model (originally from Tsardoms?). It's always off putting to see a the rather ugly campaign models from vanilla present in this mod (especially those ugly 15th century armored generals).

I know this is a nit-pick and may not be a huge priority, but I think it it's worth upgrading and will make the mod feel more complete (even if superficially). I believe the ultimate goal is to get rid of all things vanilla anyways.

Anyhow, don't give up! As dark as things may seem sometimes, there are a lot of people who are still anticipating this project. We're all hoping and praying for a 2024 (possibly) filled with great conflicts! Thank you.

Long live TGC! Salute to all MTW2 modders still putting in the work!
    Last edited by Dead*Man*Wilson; January 06, 2024 at 07:47 PM.