Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

yes, you´re right. there´s an event missing in the recruitment.

I played romans until some crash i dont remember what dificulty,there vas nothing chalenging at all.
    I played croatia on the hardest dificulty and i chose the first AI.Im at war with venice,lombards and franks who are super pasive and are doing nothing
    I just besige frankis tovns one after another and they surender witouth any resistance.Franks rearly send armies at me.
    I n the begining only rascia did something against me and i destrojed them now eweryone is just surendering.I got bored quikly.

I would like to recruit more of those elite byzantine units cuz the comon one alredy bore me.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by PavleSubich View Post
    I played romans until some crash i dont remember what dificulty,there vas nothing chalenging at all.
    I played croatia on the hardest dificulty and i chose the first AI.Im at war with venice,lombards and franks who are super pasive and are doing nothing
    I just besige frankis tovns one after another and they surender witouth any resistance.Franks rearly send armies at me.
    I n the begining only rascia did something against me and i destrojed them now eweryone is just surendering.I got bored quikly.

I would like to recruit more of those elite byzantine units cuz the comon one alredy bore me.
    That is strange. Its true that both AIs use a 50-60 turns period of relative peace.
    We have POINT OUT that TGC MUST BE PLAYED in Very Hard Difficulties in both AI systems. The mod was build in that consept because there are few very big states.
    As for ellite units we are going to do exactly the opposite of your proposal. Other mods you have to upgrade a bunch of buildings to have ellite units. We give you them from the start. If you seak for a mod full of ellite units to have easy wins i sugest you stop playing TGC. Things are going to be harder.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

that is quite nice aproach and I like it quite a lot, howover AoR could be a bit more varied. Having only one single weak AoR unit is rather boring. Atleast a few more are needed. Or an ability to colonise foreign regions with our own people, and to recruit our own soldiers even if with limited recruitment from those colonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    that is quite nice aproach and I like it quite a lot, howover AoR could be a bit more varied. Having only one single weak AoR unit is rather boring. Atleast a few more are needed. Or an ability to colonise foreign regions with our own people, and to recruit our own soldiers even if with limited recruitment from those colonies.
    AOR units vary from 4 (italians , berbers, ) 3 Armenians (two more to come) and Beduins and alot of areas with 2 units. In 100% of regions thoughwe have a LOCAL unit that represents the local poulation.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would just like to say thank you team, so far it is all i hoped for excellent. I look forward to updates and naturally shall let you know of issues. Again, thank you

thank you, we´ve looking forward too
    shaping things more up in the next patch

Stay healthy guys! Do you know about the silver-surfer Serbian lancers? I fought a custom battle and noticed them. Thanks for all your work on this.

could be the bodyguard placeholder.
    this should be only temporaly because serbian roster is missing many units unitll now

Just wondering as I remember Anton saying that the Islamic rosters were not 100% quite yet (except Crete), what plans to be added?

Does anyone have a trick to get around a persistent CTD on rebels turn?? Usually just a restart a turn or two before works. I really hope I do not have to start again, but then I could get stuck on turn 68 again.

i´ve always save every turn by it´s number. the game did run into those ctd from time to time.

regarding the islamic roster. they will get several elite units and a overhoul to make them more unique. for now they are quite developed, compared to factions like serbia and moravia.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    i´ve always save every turn by it´s number. the game did run into those ctd from time to time.

regarding the islamic roster. they will get several elite units and a overhoul to make them more unique. for now they are quite developed, compared to factions like serbia and moravia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiokhos Euergetes View Post
    Does anyone have a trick to get around a persistent CTD on rebels turn?? Usually just a restart a turn or two before works. I really hope I do not have to start again, but then I could get stuck on turn 68 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_guy_4_you View Post
    Just wondering as I remember Anton saying that the Islamic rosters were not 100% quite yet (except Crete), what plans to be added?
    could be the bodyguard placeholder.
    this should be only temporaly because serbian roster is missing many units unitll now
    1. Random CTDs maybe caused from several causes. One is the huge in vertices strat_map models of cities etc. A second cause is the rebels that can be capture a region by their rebelions (we still testing this).
    2. The Islamic Rosters are ready by half , Crete has a complete roster but the rest of them use placeholders based of Cretan comon units but using generic names. Now we will have a total restarcture. We will use comon Arabic names for units that also serve in other muslim factions and we will use their basic models with recolored textures and different shield paterns according to their faction dominated color.We are fortunate enough that Leif Eriskon , Pacco and most recently Paleologos provided us with tones of shields. So units that will be comon to all factions will be simply recolored just like The Roman Rebels factions that use recolored textures with ONE comon normal map texture in each case. That will make our data "lighter" making room for unique textures for unique units.
    3. Last Serbians and Great Moravians have not yet general bodyguard units.

I have not noticed if map reaches Aleppo? If so will such characters as Sayf al-Dawla be scipted too. He will map a most worthy adversary for the domestikaton. which brings me to another question, will some of the major military familes dynatoi be featured Kourkouas, Ducas, Phokas etc although Ive already seen Bardas.
    One other thing did not the office of domestikos tōn scholōn get broken into East and west under the Basileos Romanos II?

there are two. the eastern one in seleucia and the western one in thessalonica

Laetus
    The Western Military Frontier of the Empire

Hello, guys. First of all, I love your mod. It's exactly what I've been waiting for since ever and I would like to thank you for all your hard work.

I have one problem, though. I can't pass the 8th turn no matter what. I've tried installing the 4GB patch, but it doesn't work for me. I get the 0xc0000142 error as soon as i install it.

Is there a workaround? Thanks in advance.

you need to look for the kingdoms.exe in the main me2tw folder. the patch will ask you at the start

Laetus
    The Western Military Frontier of the Empire

you need to look for the kingdoms.exe in the main me2tw folder. the patch will ask you at the start
    Oh, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant to say I was able to install the 4GB patch, but it gives me an 0xc0000142 error when I try to launch medieval or kingdoms.

ok, so the error refernece a broken dll - which is strange
    do you have disk or steam?
    if you have disk, try to reinstall me2tw, if steam, there´s an option to check all files in the steam menue

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I am looking forward to playing the final release.