Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: [TGC 0.98 public alpha II+patch 001] Released version 09.03.2021

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: [TGC 0.97 public alpha] Released version 15.01.2020 + patch 002

In the end only low quality units will have free upkeep both in PSFs and settlement barracks.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    In the end only low quality units will have free upkeep both in PSFs and settlement barracks.
    It's more than enough that keeping the order is not a drain on the treasury.
    Still, ideally, I think that there should be a distinction between low quality standing troops and troops that only appear when the settlement is under attack and are disbanded after the siege, as in garrison scripts.

By the way, what's PSF?

Another thing i noted is that units like light archers/javeliners can stand properly an heavy cavalry charge.
    Is this real ?

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    It's more than enough that keeping the order is not a drain on the treasury.
    Still, ideally, I think that there should be a distinction between low quality standing troops and troops that only appear when the settlement is under attack and are disbanded after the siege, as in garrison scripts.

By the way, what's PSF?
    Because castles in the form we know did not exist we replaced all Permanent Stone Forts with large towns or cities depending on each culture. North European, Slavic and Rus PSFs will be large towns with wooden walls because stane walls apeared in vast usage in those areas after 1200..South european, Islamic and Romans will have cities with stone walls.
    The idea of having initialy 5 units free upkeep to those "forts" was that those "cities" had to have a decent gaurisson to defend. Two archers, two javelinmen and a spearmen unit for example.
    In my testing campaigns AI does not use them often untill turn 60 but later you can find armies stationed in such settlements. The idea behind that attempt was to give as many as possible real cities on our map more than the limitation of the game. It was more accurate for the ERA of history we focus in.
    Quote Originally Posted by juventinopazzo97 View Post
    Another thing i noted is that units like light archers/javeliners can stand properly an heavy cavalry charge.
    Is this real ?
    Yes...In TGC "peasants" are not a waste of time and money because they still can use leathal weapons. You will nottice that most archers or peasants use axes that is an armor piercing weapon. Also javelins are more effective against armor in close range. But...there is a catch. Lombard levy archers carry knives but they have extremely deadly bows and arrows (TGC uses 6 types of arrows). So any close combat is a disaster for them. But if youkeep them safe they can destroy an entire army. Roman archers on the other hand use shield and axes. In close combat in the chaos of battlle if a cavalry unit will stack in the infantry lines those archers can bring down a good amount of heavy horsemen.
    In the final stage almost EVERY unit in TGC will have slightly different stats. We do not use generic terms like "archers = x damage, spearmen = damage " etc.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks for your answer.
    Another observation :
    I've reached turn 362 so i expecter to see East Francia turn into hre but it didn't happen.
    So i read the condition of the passage in the script file. East Francia conquered all required settlements except
    Pisa and it was still at war with papal state.
    After correcting this problems a couple of turn later i saw hre losing all his settlements due to cultural unrest.
    It seems that IA can't manage massive unrest.
    if you have other question contact me, even with PM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

the transformation was never tested in real gameplay - only with early on scripting and editing.

at first hre didn´t even had a proper unitrecruitment a.s.o., then cultural buildings.
    your observation is very helpfull, as we need to stabilize this. i´m going to change the transformationscript or give special bonus to buildings as hre.

Expanded family trees for Bulgaria, Croatia and Aghlabids.

Download:

https://mega.nz/file/KSQWVILT#Ig2gs6...ksQJCzd8h_4hY0

copy to data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign

New campaign required.

added your additions to the patch 003.

just for info: the new patch 003 contains and replaces the medimod CAI with the more aggressive PiterAI. once released it would be nice if players could check the new CAI in there gameplay and report us some feedback. in my current tests i find it very pleasing, giving me more battles and acting a bit more aggresive overall (even slavestacks attack my badly defended settlements in the center).

there´s also a new script that will prevent settlements be governed without a governor (for the human player only). at least one generals needs to stay to prevent civil revolts. once you moved him out and switch the turn, the subjects began to browl and will need many turns to calm down. This script is to prevent human "cheating", piling up the many generals in TGC to a unstopable army.

also fixed two names issues (one in descr_strat and one more complex in descr_names/names)
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; May 12, 2020 at 10:36 AM.

Since I'm still managing the ModDB page, do you want me to upload the mod to give it a mirror and more audience? I can also update the page with more infos and images.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Do you have any bibliography or references for the appearance of your units?

They're beautiful but are they supported by research?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Since I'm still managing the ModDB page, do you want me to upload the mod to give it a mirror and more audience? I can also update the page with more infos and images.
    I have updated the ModDB page. Can you add the more info you can find there in the French site you also post?
    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Do you have any bibliography or references for the appearance of your units?

They're beautiful but are they supported by research?
    EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
    We may lack some original unit names but every unit is a result of an extensive research. No fiction units , no units fir the sake of units.
    For example we could add pikemen to every faction or swordmen to Roman faction but we didn't.

I have updated the ModDB page. Can you add the more info you can find there in the French site you also post?
    Yes I am doing it. As I proposed, do you want me to upload the mod to ModDB as well?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Are not all of your sources in English?

Maybe that's why there isn't a bibliography thread?

If that's the case then it's really unfortunate since I wanted to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Yes I am doing it. As I proposed, do you want me to upload the mod to ModDB as well?
    No not yet. Lets wait the next beta version with Venetians and Papacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Are not all of your sources in English?

Maybe that's why there isn't a bibliography thread?

If that's the case then it's really unfortunate since I wanted to read them.
    Yes our resuurces came from a huge variety of books and many real historians (we had 3 in our early team).
    Also I am in contact with Mr D'Amato and mr Timothy Dawson for any questions that emerge.

I asume you also used Ian Heath's book on the Byzantines, is that right?

He made a book on the "Dark Ages" but I think it's outdated since it was published in the early 80s.

But that's awesome, I never knew you were in contact with Dawson and M.r D'amato,

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I hate being pushy but when will we see my shields in-game?

We may lack some original unit names but every unit is a result of an extensive research. No fiction units , no units fir the sake of units.
    For example we could add pikemen to every faction or swordmen to Roman faction but we didn't.
    What is the logic behind naming some units in their "native" language but still with names that mean the same as "Light Spearmen", just call them light spearmen, if it means that anyway, just to avoid any confusion and make it easier to remember unit roles and names.

I am native in one of the languages used in the mod, but really I get no kicks or pleasure for a unit's name being just a simple role description but in my language. In fact its kinda jarring, cause I have to remind my brain that this is not just a jumbled translation of english and my native language, but that its intentionally there.
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; May 24, 2020 at 05:35 AM.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Once again must congratulate you and your esteemed comrades on this yet incomplete, yet soon to be masterpiece.
    Just a question above you said that we could of added a Roman sword unit, did you mean a Thematic unit? Just to be clear I know why you have not. I do wonder why you chose to not represent other branches/units of the Tagmata?
    Last edited by Antiokhos Euergetes; May 24, 2020 at 05:59 PM.

some of them are multipurpose.
    i personally like to fight with the "Tagma Ton Teichon", because they are very effective closecombat killer, once they are done with shooting.
    not as good as the Excubitores, but way better than Peltastoi or Contaratoi.

And Contaratoi are an effective cavalry killers.