Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Extended Cultures V Released

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Extended Cultures V Released

Merry Xmas, my friends.

At last, the time has come. Time for first actual release of Extended Cultures V. With brand new features

- All new map
    - All new strategy and tactical environment
    - All new settlement and region development
    - All new buildings and events UIs
    - Most of units have new aesthetic uplift with units cards and info accompany with them
    - New factions of Epirus, Numidia, Gandhara, Tukhara
    - New battle formations from both Darth and Sinuhets
    - Reimagine 49 BCE with more playable factions as well as Himyar and Meroe as new challengers
    - Old vanilla historical battles rework with new battlefield experience
    - Many new units
    - New hillforts design for barbarian town and large town level
    - Fixed installer
    - Complete sound files
    - Fix missing content for steam alexander
    - AlexanderTW and Rome TW's Historical Battles reimagine with units from XC
    - New historical battles based on Europa Barbarorum, and NinjaCool's historical battle mod which already have vanilla unused text contents

https://www.moddb.com/mods/extended-...s-v-version-13

Alternative download location
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k1tr0li1AtfVaxHnW4dYC2W9_OkLbRSn/view?usp=sharing

But as Zarax always said, the best yet to come, there are features that would be add in future version of Extended Cultures V. I hope our fans would enjoy this version while wait for future features.

- Revolution of Traits and Retinues system (current one use vanilla system at the moment)
    - Multiple scenario chapters for new challange..... and new headache

To make better XC to come, all your comment and feedback are crucial, please give these to us.

For how to launch with steam BI

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...0#post15863680
    Last edited by Suppanut; February 02, 2022 at 11:42 PM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Default Re: Extended Cultures V Released

This is great news, we had been waiting for this for years!

Congratulations to the whole team, and thanks for all your hard work!

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hi there! I'm Lanjane, the guy responsible for the units looks in Extended Cultures V. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Here's a quick preview of the units:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Here's the page in TWC Downloads section: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4505
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Dear Suppanut, dear Lanjane,

I have downloaded the two .7z files. As I was about to install your mod, I clicked on the XC_5_Beta.exe and got a menu with boxes to tick. And here, I do not know which one(s) I have to tick. I am playing on Steam, so I guess I have to tick Steam. Then I understand that playing with ALEX is not possible for the moment, so should I tick on BI, in addition to Steam? And last, I do not really understand what Seleucid Satrapies really allow, neither what "enable Loyalty" changes. There is a text explaining "enable Loyalty" in a box, but the bow is not large enough to allow me to read all...

Sorry, very basic questions, but please answer me so that I can install and play

Thank you in advance,

FFJean

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear Suppanut, dear Lanjane,

I have downloaded the two .7z files. As I was about to install your mod, I clicked on the XC_5_Beta.exe and got a menu with boxes to tick. And here, I do not know which one(s) I have to tick. I am playing on Steam, so I guess I have to tick Steam. Then I understand that playing with ALEX is not possible for the moment, so should I tick on BI, in addition to Steam? And last, I do not really understand what Seleucid Satrapies really allow, neither what "enable Loyalty" changes. There is a text explaining "enable Loyalty" in a box, but the bow is not large enough to allow me to read all...

Sorry, very basic questions, but please answer me so that I can install and play

Thank you in advance,

FFJean
    go ahead and tick satrapies, ALX does work but BI is probably best
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Dear all,

I'm sorry, but I don't get it. Even if I take BI, where should I copy/paste the patch? Please, be nice with stupid players like me, please, indicate where I should install which file, and how. Not only "do as you wish", as I only whish to play

Best regards,

Jean

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

"Installation is simple, please delete xc5/data/models_unit/lanjane/textures folder before installing the patch!"
    "Then drag and drop xc5 over your existing xc5 folder. Overwrite existing files." From ModDb instructions...

Thank you, sorry, I hadn’t seen the text, I had just read here. With regards to my Steam version, should I tick the 3 boxes « Steam », « BI » and « ALX »? And what is the impact of Loyalty? I can’t read the dialog bubble (maybe because I’m too IT-stupid I confess).
    Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience,

FFJean

Use BI. For Alex you have to wait for another patch. But if you wish to use it, you can but at your own risk. For loyalty, contact Suppanut. Happy new year and have fun.

Thank you crazy roman.

So I'll tick "Steam" + "BI", "Seleucid satrapies" as indicated by Saul Tyre, and will play. I'll let you know then

Thank you again and a Happy New Year,

FFJean

Sorry to come back again. It doesn't work. I have tried to do the following Step approach:

Open Steam, go to the My Games tab and find RTW Gold. Right click on it and select properties. On the general tab click on "Set Launch Properties". In the space provided enter: -show_err -nm -mod:xc

But when I open Steam, I can't find "My Games", I only find "games". Then, there is no RTW Gold, I have RTW and RTW ALEX. It's only when I click "play" on RTW that I have two options, either RTW or BI. So I don't know where I should paste the "-show_err -nm -mod:xc". And if I paste it on "Set launch options" it just does have no impact (when I start, I am back to a normal, unmodded RTW launch, asking me to play the provincial campaign of one of the Roman houses).

As anybody effectively started this mod with a Steam RTW game?

Thank you very much,

FFJean

And in fact, to play "Fourth Age TW", the text I have to paste in "Set launch options" is the following: "-mod:bi/fatw -nm -ne -show_err".
    Sorry, I am totally lost!

All the best,

FFJean

Unfortunately steam BI is ****** up. Your best bet is to install in the old fashioned way.

Dear Crazyroman,

I agree, but I do not have the old CDs (lost the old BI ones, just have the RTW). So until there is a solution for Steam BI (I am sure there is one as FATW and EB work with Steam), I’ll try with RTW (the CD version), basic, without BI. If it installs and play with my Windows version...

As soon as anybody of the XCV team has a solution with Steam BI, or Steam ALX, please let me know

All the best,

FFJean

It's not the XCV team problem. The problem was created by CA. I don't know if XCV team will come up with a solution. Go buy the disk version. I'm pretty sure you will find them dirty cheap.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by crazyroman View Post
    It's not the XCV team problem. The problem was created by CA. I don't know if XCV team will come up with a solution. Go buy the disk version. I'm pretty sure you will find them dirty cheap.
    If he has Windows 10 afaik disks wont play on it, the reason being that Microsoft have removed a certain system file(Secdrv.sys) as it is a security thread. It's a system file that is crucial for the game to run and without it you can't play your DVD version even in Compatibility Mode.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 03, 2020 at 04:53 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

icenii's Avatar Civis

The link in post 1 is not working properly or more precisely it takes me too the moddb page but when i try to DL it says the files can't be DL because they can't be found ? anyone else had this problem or are the files being updated with a new version atm ?

Edit: OK works now i had too try 2 different Mirror sites and the 1 with lowest volume worked for me, now hope i can get this installed, also DL the patch.
    Last edited by icenii; January 03, 2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Found Fix for my problem.
    I cannot force you to believe the truth but i can allow you to believe a lie. Quote by me " Icenii " In the game of Life Death always wins. Patience is a Virtue that takes time to acquire. The Answer is "7". No 1 wins all the time except God and he cheats.

mod folder is "xc5", not "xc".

I will write proper steam launching method for BI as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Sorry to come back again. It doesn't work. I have tried to do the following Step approach:

Open Steam, go to the My Games tab and find RTW Gold. Right click on it and select properties. On the general tab click on "Set Launch Properties". In the space provided enter: -show_err -nm -mod:xc

But when I open Steam, I can't find "My Games", I only find "games". Then, there is no RTW Gold, I have RTW and RTW ALEX. It's only when I click "play" on RTW that I have two options, either RTW or BI. So I don't know where I should paste the "-show_err -nm -mod:xc". And if I paste it on "Set launch options" it just does have no impact (when I start, I am back to a normal, unmodded RTW launch, asking me to play the provincial campaign of one of the Roman houses).

As anybody effectively started this mod with a Steam RTW game?

Thank you very much,

FFJean

Here is how to do so

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...0#post15863680

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast