Thread: Raw campaign map for modders

Default Raw campaign map for modders

Hello guys.
    I present you with a raw map (based from my own prologue campaign). This has some regions where i added all playable factions to a region. The raw db file is included where only those regions are presented and all vanilla regions have been deleted and such. This makes it easier for a map builder to make their own campaign without starting from scratch.
    May this raw files help you to make awesome mods and campaign maps for Fall of the Samurai (or Shogun 2).
    Download here (at the totalrtsmods forum) and for a bit more info.
    EDIT: Now part of the Tools and Resources tab at TWCenter.
    Last edited by izzi; December 24, 2019 at 09:45 AM.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Raw campaign map for modders

What area does this region covers? Japan FotS only?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    What area does this region covers? Japan FotS only?
    It's a raw map of the Iberian Peninsula (and part of North Africa together with Southern France). But you can design your own campaign map and just move those regions (and re-name them). It's a map with around 11 regions that are assigned to the only playable factions in Fall of the Samurai. I deleted all the other vanilla data that has to do with the normal Japan area. The map converts correctly if you like to test for yourself. The reason i made this was for campaign map makers. Because when you open the raw Boshin map in 3ds max, you get overwhelmed by all the info. This changes that and now you have the absolute beginner data useful to start making your own map in 3ds max together with all the info necessary. Trust me, map makers know what i am talking about. Otherwise a beginner didn't know really how start making a new design within 3ds max and the db. Because removing things in the db and in 3ds max can be difficult, because of the error margin while converting the map to playable state.

Good. I really hope this leads to more map-making!

And I hope people actually use the Iberian Peninsula to make a real Spain Civil War mod with bombardments and all.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

You reminded me that I had finish empty template map for main campaign and publish here
    Wolf girl who likes to draw anime girls ❤️ DeviantArt, Twitter
    Also mad creator of

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
    TWCenter Forum, MODDB, Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Good. I really hope this leads to more map-making!

And I hope people actually use the Iberian Peninsula to make a real Spain Civil War mod with bombardments and all.
    I do hope so also. This template helps a lot. I am making a Carlist Wars mod, just for you to know (that is why the map is from the Iberian Peninsula).

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Temer View Post
    You reminded me that I had finish empty template map for main campaign and publish here
    Yes, hahaha. That will be nice for other map makers.

Carlist wars? Amazing! With S2TW FotS this would be awesome! Stick a bit of Africa there to colonize. Any idea of ETA?

Yes, Northern Africa has been added. But this part will be added later on with some updates. So actually you got 2 campaigns in one (first the Carlist Wars and than the French conquest of Algeria). You can find more info here (totalrtsmods forum).