Thread: Modding offices

Default Modding offices

Can anyone suggest any easy way to mod the number of offices for Rome? I am looking to add more questors specifically. I noticed in the medieval kingdoms 1212 mod the team was able to increase the number of offices and cannot figure out how they did this. Thanks!

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Modding offices

Thread moved from the Ancient Empires (AE) forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

I managed to do this once after many attempts but have since lost those files and can't remember how I achieved it. Pretty sure it involved editing the startpos.

So I'd like to know how to do this too.

Do you know of any info out there to follow to mod this? I haven’t been able to find any resources out there

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

You can try this tutorial, of course there are other tutorials or resources.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ldings-in-game
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Libertus

I can try to give you a generic but workable description of what you need to do but it may take some time since there are several locations you'll need to engage with using PFM. I'm also not sure how well acquainted you are with the file structures so you'll have to ask for clarification if needed. The startpos file contains a faction array (campaign_startpos --> compressed_data -->campaign_env --> campaign_model --> world --> faction_array), you will have to find the "character posts" tab which will be located under the heading "government". I haven't amended any of these positions myself but I know that this particular variable controls for how many offices are available and at what level within the hierarchy of the faction specific government. Also, if you intend to rename the officer positions, then you'll need to access the "ministerial_positions" table located under the main "db" heading. Finally, there is the "ministerial_positions_strings.loc" file which can be accessed via text --> db. You will have to make sure any adjustments you make to the afore mentioned "ministerial_positions" table are reflected here as well. I hope this helps but if not, please feel free to ask for clarification, as this is one particular area that I do have some experience in tweaking for my own purposes. Cheers bru.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius_Vorenus View Post
    I can try to give you a generic but workable description of what you need to do but it may take some time since there are several locations you'll need to engage with using PFM. I'm also not sure how well acquainted you are with the file structures so you'll have to ask for clarification if needed. The startpos file contains a faction array (campaign_startpos --> compressed_data -->campaign_env --> campaign_model --> world --> faction_array), you will have to find the "character posts" tab which will be located under the heading "government". I haven't amended any of these positions myself but I know that this particular variable controls for how many offices are available and at what level within the hierarchy of the faction specific government. Also, if you intend to rename the officer positions, then you'll need to access the "ministerial_positions" table located under the main "db" heading. Finally, there is the "ministerial_positions_strings.loc" file which can be accessed via text --> db. You will have to make sure any adjustments you make to the afore mentioned "ministerial_positions" table are reflected here as well. I hope this helps but if not, please feel free to ask for clarification, as this is one particular area that I do have some experience in tweaking for my own purposes. Cheers bru.
    I can't figure out how to add "character_post" under 'Government > Character Posts > Character_Posts-0' etc.
    Changing the number in Character_Posts-0/1/2/3... just causes the game to crash when loading a new campaign unfortunately. So frustrating as I've done it before so I know it's possible.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    I can't figure out how to add "character_post" under 'Government > Character Posts > Character_Posts-0' etc.
    Changing the number in Character_Posts-0/1/2/3... just causes the game to crash when loading a new campaign unfortunately. So frustrating as I've done it before so I know it's possible.
    I should have, in the interests of full disclosure, conceded from the outset that my modding skills are very limited in their scope and really only pertain to tweaking or adjusting numerical values and occasionally something like this. That being said, I just opened PFM and can see precisely the problem to which you refer. I have virtually no familiarity with other modding utilities and it may be the case that the inherent limitations of PFM disallow for the type of more complex tasks that might be enabled by something like Assembly Kit. There may also be some hard-coded constraint on how many positions you can have for a given culture. I'm sorry I could not be of greater assistance and for the record, if you do manage to reacquaint yourself with the mysteries of adding positions, please do come back and share your revelations in this thread so that the other comrades and I can also benefit. Thanks for the post sir and good luck to you.