View Poll Results: You have two votes and must use both. Which two AARs should win?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Written in Sand

5 83.33%
  • Aed, Circenn and the Sea

4 66.67%
  • Derc Plays Through World History

3 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: MAARC LXXXIV - Tie-Break Vote

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXXIV - Tie-Break Vote

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week | Tale of the Week | Writers' Study General Competitions | Graphics Workshop Monthly Competition >>

Image by cedric37.

The Writers' Study Presents:
    MAARC LXXXIV:
    Tie-break vote to decide first and second place

You have two votes in this tie-break and must use both.

Advertising of the competition is allowed. Inviting people to vote for their favourite AAR is okay.
    Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
    Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Submission 1 Written in Sand

Alexander's armies broke the might of the East, but the greed of Greek hearts could not be contained, and with Alexander's death his empire was consumed by rivalry and ambition. As the western invaders worry one another in their long-standing feuds a new power is rising, a power born of the sands and hot expanse of the desert. Out of Rekem (Petra) the Nabati are rallying. They will unite the tribes of Arabia and lead them in a final stand against the arrogant Greeks who dare to call themselves "master". They will show them the price of tyranny.

Submission 2 Aed, Circenn and the Sea

“Scoan had lost the Stone of Destiny, and with it most of their ancestral land. Most presumed the misfortunes linked. Sorrows begot sorrows in turn, and the Vikings came crashing into Brittania’s shores. Circenn drove them back into the sea, but at a great cost to the people.

King Aed rose to uplift his subjects’ sword arms. Alba was ripe for the taking in the King’s clear eyes. A unified Scotland lay in the exiles’ grasp. He only needed men to fight for it.”

Submission 3 Derc Plays Through World History

Rome's light outshined everything. It enlightened the world for centuries, but nothing lasts forever. The light eventually spread into a wildfire, Rome burned, the world burned, devastated by debauchery, barbarians and the Huns. The world as we know it is no more.

...But every end is also a new beginning.

Good luck to everyone!

Turkafinwë's Avatar The Sick Baby Jester
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: MAARC LXXXIV - Tie-Break Vote

Voted! Good luck everyone!

Normally, I'd sit out votes like this (as I find participating somewhat odd), but I've read both other tales besides mine, and I really am happy casting my ballots for them! Good luck to you fellows, and I'm glad to be sitting with you two in a tie-break!
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

did my job and voted... now, if any of you guys could stop being so good that we are forced to vote double time again and again and again because your so all good that nobody is able to select a winner for !!! No, really, this is so annoying to be forced to vote only for two among 3, 4, 8 that all are good ! There, I said it! I am jealous because you are all so good and I am suppose to make a choice for the love of !!! Can any of you at least suck just a little so I don't have the feeling of cutting my heart out just because I have to leave somebody behind??? this is !!!!
    Last edited by JB2C; December 19, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Voted. As others have said, the stories are all excellent so it's a difficult decision as usual. Good luck all.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Voted, good luck to all!