Thread: /!\ Final Update - RELEASED

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Icon4 /!\ Final Update - RELEASED

Final Update Released !

Mod DB page : http://www.moddb.com/mods/ottoman-total-overhaul-mod/
    Total War Türkiye http://www.totalwar-turkiye.com

EDIT : Major Annoucement - February 2021

As modders of the Turkish community made an amazing translation (Yagu93, Kingartist21 and probably others I do not know of) in Turkish, I have decided to publish their Turkish translation and provide some more support and polishing for the mod in the next few updates. Please do not expect major updates that change everything, but rather updates to try to improve the balance and gameplay.

As such, version 2.6.6 and 2.6.7 of the FULL version have been released, even after the ( so-called) FINAL update.
    You can see the corresponding changelog here :
    Changelog and future updates (twcenter.net)

I have been working on the Ottoman Total Overhaul mod since 2013 now and really consider finishing the mod. This was my first major project, and I've learned, made many mistakes, lost many files, and fixed many bugs. And, I am really happy to have come to this point. But, I feel my time working on this has come. There comes a moment when the best course of action is to let go.

It started as the G-Mod, a gameplay overhaul mod that mostly played around with changing stats, hoping to make the experience more fun and enjoyable. Eventually, with the support of the Ottoman Realism Team, both projects unified and the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod became the successor of the Ottoman Realism Mod. I am really thankful to them for their help and valuable work on this project !

For the final version, I wanted to have a really polished, well-working "product". Something I can really get behind, and not feel like I've given up this project because of fatigue, but truly be content with it.
    That is why I decided to make two versions :

The FULL version that is a very comprehensive overhaul, though not perfectly balanced nor completely bug-free, it adds great value to the game through expanding the game significantly !

The LIGHT version, which keeps the essence of the FULL version, which comes well-balanced and bug-free and with the same gameplay as well as the very best elements of the full version. But, it does sacrifice extra playable factions as to keep the startpos (Campaign Map) 100% stable.

Changelog :

- Unit Changes :

Azap Archers (Okchu) have been modified to be more in line with other archer units, increasing their cost and modifying their stats as to avoid having them be overly cost-effective, especially in custom battles.
    Azap Musketeers have seen similar modifications.
    Sipahi Horse Archers have lower melee stats.
    Kapikulu Sipahi, Bashkort Nobles and Heavy Mamelukes as well as Timarli Sipahi have seen a nerf to avoid have them be too powerful.

Karakullukçu Janissaries (Melee Janissaries) now use firearms. I consider giving them either muskets with only 2 shots, or blunderbusses and lower numbers as to give them a "shoot and then charge" use. Historically, no Janissary would go to warfare in the 18th Century armed only with a sword.

Garrisons were slightly nerfed in what comes to accuracy and reload rates. On the other hand, they come with quite a strong morale due to defending their homes and having nowhere to retreat.

Upkeep costs were decreased ; units should be very expensive to recruit, and replenish. This is to allow players to keep standing armies, built up over time.

The accuracy stat was changed to be in percentage. If an unit has 5 accuracy, it means every individual soldier has a 5% chance of hitting a target 70 meters away.

- Campaign Changes :

Some technologies were re-balanced, most notably the Ottoman modernization and Safavid technologies as to give the AI a better change to manage them without loosing all their regions.

Thanks to Bran Mac Born, a whole new AI system is added that makes the AI act much more like an human player ; with more effective tactics and a more cunning campaign diplomacy, and even naval invasions !

Level 0 of buildings (initial buildings) have been made more expensive and longer to construct as to represent the cost of building something out of nothing. Economics buildings are also more expensive but also more potent. This is to encourage conquest and make development of regions slow and more realistic. Sometimes, as a poor country expansion is more viable than immediate development.

- Bug Fixes :

I am trying to find a fix for the Rebel Settlement Crash bug. I have not been able to find the cause yet. If anyone know the cause of that bug, please report it to me.
    Otherwise, as a workaround I will have to give public order bonuses to the CAI as to avoid having revolts leading to uncapturable provinces.

Two versions :

Full Version :

Having all of the full fonctionnalities of the mod ; many new units, technologies for eastern factions, and gameplay mechanics added. There are two Full versions ; one with the music added by Nizam, and one without music as requested.

That version is the most interesting, doubling unit sizes bringing more epic battles, adding new sound effects to battles improving immersion significantly. It includes many submods credited here including the amazing Chaos mod, many new playable factions including Portugual, the Safavid Empire, the Mughal Empire, Venice, and many new units for almost all factions !!

The AI is Bran Mac Born AI, the campaign is a bit slower, made to feel more epic.

Light Version :

A much smaller file keeping the main gameplay mechanics and changes from the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod for a vanilla-feel experience with a much more challenging AI and a new balance. Units are still expensive to recruit, and cheap to maintain making you favor standing armies rather than instant disbandment and recruitment. The AI is much more intelligent and avoids gettings into conflicts he cannot win.

The sound effects and battlefield graphics are improved significantly as well, as in the full version.

The battles are made to be more challenging ; as much as the Empire : Total War AI allows.
    The campaign is slower paced, and economics are simplified compared to the Full version, but still much deeper and more interesting than Vanilla.

And all of this comes 100% bug free !

If you would like a detailed description, or to download the mod, please look here !
    Last edited by Goutlard; February 23, 2021 at 07:32 AM.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: /!\ Final Update - RELEASED

Nice work, congrats to your release!

+rep
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Light Version is without additional modification of the Sound Files or with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Light Version is without additional modification of the Sound Files or with it?
    Battlefield sounds are modified, but not music.
    I have uploaded the version that doesn't include music for the full version as well ; I have to check if there are no copyright issues for the musics compiled by our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Battlefield sounds are modified, but not music.
    I have uploaded the version that doesn't include music for the full version as well ; I have to check if there are no copyright issues for the musics compiled by our team.
    Can you please upload a Lite Version without any changes on the Music File to the Base Game? Would really appreciate it.

Hi Goutlard, can you remove grenade from all grenadier units and add square formation to them ?

Since I can't find the music version, I suppose there were copyright issues? Shame, I was looking forward to the music...

EDIT : Major Annoucement - February 2021

As modders of the Turkish community made an amazing translation (Yagu93, Kingartist21 and probably others I do not know of) in Turkish, I have decided to publish their Turkish translation and provide some more support and polishing for the mod in the next few updates. Please do not expect major updates that change everything, but rather updates to try to improve the balance and gameplay.

All the best !