Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWC 2019 Member Awards: Commentary Thread

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Default Re: TWC 2019 Member Awards: Commentary Thread

Quick query. Are there any rules/guidelines on posting in the voting threads themselves?

Basically, do you want people to post when they've voted (though obviously not for whom) which has the side effect of promoting those posts as they have new activity, or would you rather people didn't post in the threads? Thanks.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Usually it's me that "gets them together".. the other guys just sit there doing nothing and wait for me to make a mistake and have fun at me...

meany dudes, but well every Hexer has the Committee he deserves, don't you think??
    What else can we expect from a guy having Berlusconi as avater

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post
    Quick query. Are there any rules/guidelines on posting in the voting threads themselves?

Basically, do you want people to post when they've voted (though obviously not for whom) which has the side effect of promoting those posts as they have new activity, or would you rather people didn't post in the threads? Thanks.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    That's up to the voters actually. They are perfectly entitled to post messages like "voted", "duty done", "job done", etc...
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Nominations open

Flinn's Avatar The Berlusca Abides!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Dragon View Post

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.
    To be honest, there's no need at all to post in the poll threads.. fact is, you cannot have the thread closed AND the poll open, so to allow people to vote in the poll, the thread has to remain open... that said, in the past happened that people posted things like "hey I voted for X because he is bla bla", which is against the rules of the Awards, so in general no posting is better to avoid issues (for comments, there's this thread), or, as Lifth said, one can state that they participated in that poll by a simple "voted" or such
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I think it's a bit weird that the avatar's aren't showed in the avatar vote thread.

Blog Entries

As I said to Cookiegod, none of the nominees have changed their avatar during 2019 IIRC or in any case the avatar that they are showing today is what people has nominated, so I'm confident that people would know what they are voting for.

I know it was used in the past to link the avatar pics (I did that myself many times), and this could still be needed in case of doubts, but that's not the case this time.

And another point: should we be linking the best posts of each of those who are nominated in the Best Debater? or maybe link the art workshops of those nominated for the best artist? etc etc.. The point is, people is expected to nominate and vote in the categories they are familiar with, and if they aren't, they are supposed to be doing some research and digging ... going to community-->member list and putting in the name of the member would do

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/memberlist.php
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Citizen

Blog Entries

And another point: should we be linking the best posts of each of those who are nominated in the Best Debater? or maybe link the art workshops of those nominated for the best artist? etc etc.. The point is, people is expected to nominate and vote in the categories they are familiar with, and if they aren't, they are supposed to be doing some research and digging ... going to community-->member list and putting in the name of the member would do

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/memberlist.php
    This is a moot argument Flinn. It's literally comparing an apple with a banana. You can only chose from one avatar per nominated user to come to a conclusion of what you think is the best avatar across the nominated ones. For nominations in the debater, arts, writing, etc categories you can make up your mind with 3, 30 or 300 posts made in 2019. Not really a comparison is it?

If I change my avatar, will they then be included?

Blog Entries

yes second point wasn't directly related to the Avatar question, it was a more general statement

however, I think I'm the only one who's changing avatar like every month or two months maximum, so ..

edit: avatars added, so that we can all have sweet dreams
    Last edited by Flinn; January 24, 2020 at 08:38 AM.

Cookiegod's Avatar Vicarius

Could I change my avatar to this

or would it be seen as the obvious attempt at soliciting votes that it is?

EDIT: In case Flinn doesn't recognise his own daughter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    Could I change my avatar to this

or would it be seen as the obvious attempt at soliciting votes that it is?

EDIT: In case Flinn doesn't recognise his own daughter.
    keep the other one, the new one is even worse, IMO

dude, my daughter grew very fast

Cookiegod's Avatar Vicarius

Be careful with what you say daddy

Blog Entries

ok fine I'll adopt you, but I won't pay for the plastic surgery, eh

now we have had some good laughs, thanks everybody for that, but let's get back on topic all of us, this is for commentary of the Awards, we can use the Chat thread for silly stuff, thanks

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Blog Entries

Glad you bowed to peer pressure and added the avatars to the poll threads, looks much better now.

That being said I feel like mine should be above Grahams.

Join us on the Thema Devia Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ASqJf5C
    If you would like a TWC Wiki page made for you click here
    Son, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    That's up to the voters actually. They are perfectly entitled to post messages like "voted", "duty done", "job done", etc...
    To be honest, there's no need at all to post in the poll threads.. fact is, you cannot have the thread closed AND the poll open, so to allow people to vote in the poll, the thread has to remain open... that said, in the past happened that people posted things like "hey I voted for X because he is bla bla", which is against the rules of the Awards, so in general no posting is better to avoid issues (for comments, there's this thread), or, as Lifth said, one can state that they participated in that poll by a simple "voted" or such
    Thank you both.

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Blog Entries

One more week to go, if you haven't voted yet, time to do it!

Blog Entries

Few days still to go! Unless RL strikes again, I'm planning to close the polls on February the 6th, so I invite those who haven't voted yet to hurry up before I'll close them!

Blog Entries

Voting phase is now closed!

Results will be out soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123