Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: more turns per year please?

  1. #21

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    This is valuable to me. Which steam mod is this exactly? I was searching steam workshop but didn't recognize it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

  2. #22

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    We're initially set on 1TPY because to give players the opportunity to experience all the three centuries of this mod's timeframe. However, it dawns to us that Attila's family tree and characters are simply not designed for it, so there are possibility to lengthen it into 2TPY in the future. This would be less of a problem when we have multiple starting dates - but we have to finish the 1212 start date first.

    About submods, there are many TPY submods in the Steam Workshop, you all can just look out for them easily.

  3. #23
    Laetus
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    France
    Posts
    24

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    I think that 2TPY is a very good solution, with 1TPY you can't be attached to your characters because they die almost immediately, with 4TPY you're forever stuck with one generation

  4. #24

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    With 4tpy i've noticed the announcement of the 14th century (1300's) comes too early..i.e its connected to a 1tpy game!!

    This might affect when further troop recruitment is allowed when they are in the campaign!

  5. #25

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Using a 4TPY mod, playing as Portugal.
    I have a young king, has a wife. plenty of time to produce offspring.
    I am also excommunicated which makes trade diplomacy with other catholic factions difficult and I am at war with the Almodhads.
    And then the catholic factions start declaring war on me.
    makes an interesting start to the campaign.
    So I captured Badajoz and Cordoba and stabilised them and sent my king to Seville to try and take it.
    He failed, got killed which was sad but by then he had 5 children and it improved my position vs other catholic factions so i can now trade with more.
    Apart from the ones I'm at war with - they don't seem interested in peace.
    Should be a long slog - but hopefully enjoyable.

  6. #26

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Quote Originally Posted by JB59114 View Post
    I think that 2TPY is a very good solution, with 1TPY you can't be attached to your characters because they die almost immediately, with 4TPY you're forever stuck with one generation
    Totally agree with that in a "family point of view" but as defined the game should be at least 4 turns per year because of the displacement range of armies : most of settlements (in populated areas) can be reach from a neighbouring settlement within 1 turn. This have to represent 3 months, maximum. As exemple we can think about the duration of crusades : armies from Europe took around 3 years to reach the Holy Land. In the actual definition of the mod (1 turn per year) in 3 years in can just cross the Anatoly. This is completely unreal... Or if the team prefer keep a 1 turn per year definition the range of armies and agents should be drasticly grows up (x4) and they should also be able to act multiple time (4 at least) per turn...

  7. #27

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Used2BRoz View Post
    Using a 4TPY mod, playing as Portugal.
    I have a young king, has a wife. plenty of time to produce offspring.
    I am also excommunicated which makes trade diplomacy with other catholic factions difficult and I am at war with the Almodhads.
    And then the catholic factions start declaring war on me.
    makes an interesting start to the campaign.
    So I captured Badajoz and Cordoba and stabilised them and sent my king to Seville to try and take it.
    He failed, got killed which was sad but by then he had 5 children and it improved my position vs other catholic factions so i can now trade with more.
    Apart from the ones I'm at war with - they don't seem interested in peace.
    Should be a long slog - but hopefully enjoyable.

    I see, you mention using a 4tpy mod?? can you direct, as i just edited the save, which works, but doesn't change other dependable in the game. Thanks

  8. #28
    Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Seriously... people talking about using a fully functional 4TPY mod doesn't help much without telling us where we can FIND it.

  9. #29

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Live2sculpt View Post
    Seriously... people talking about using a fully functional 4TPY mod doesn't help much without telling us where we can FIND it.
    Ok, I've found it. Head into the Steam workshop and search for "Medieval Kingdoms 1212AD Submod - 4 Turns Per Year (TPY)"

    While it does provide 4tpy without issue, the game campaign is not adjusted for it, thus building / technology times are the same, as is scripted events like welcoming the following centurys. This is not a huge issue yet as we only have teir 1 troops available, but when the full game comes it will have to be sorted.

  10. #30
    Miles
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pretoria, South Africa
    Posts
    348

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    I understand steam workshop's search function is completely useless but Google still exists, searched for 'steam workshop total war attila medieval kingdoms 4 tpy' and it was the second result.

  11. #31
    Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,135

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Cheers guys! Pratticus1990's comment earlier "I didn't notice any script issues I think the 5th crusade fired on time." had confused me and I thought people were speaking of a different mod, one that was newer and fully functional with the latest 1212, as I said. Still, it's good to be reassured that the mod is at least stable, even if it's scripting has not been properly adjusted.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; January 10, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    We're initially set on 1TPY because to give players the opportunity to experience all the three centuries of this mod's timeframe. However, it dawns to us that Attila's family tree and characters are simply not designed for it, so there are possibility to lengthen it into 2TPY in the future. This would be less of a problem when we have multiple starting dates - but we have to finish the 1212 start date first.

    About submods, there are many TPY submods in the Steam Workshop, you all can just look out for them easily.
    Have you guys considered splitting up the experience, so that campaign early (1212 start) is 1200s and 1300s, and campaign late (13XX) is 1300s and 1400s? That might break with your desires to have the 1212 experience let you experience the full of the medieval era, but it could make it easier on you

  13. #33

    Default Re: more turns per year please?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Have you guys considered splitting up the experience, so that campaign early (1212 start) is 1200s and 1300s, and campaign late (13XX) is 1300s and 1400s? That might break with your desires to have the 1212 experience let you experience the full of the medieval era, but it could make it easier on you
    For me the obvious choice is to make the game 4tpy in line with the (already in-game) seasons, reduce the movement rate of army's (way to much), and have 3x start dates, 1212. 1300, 1400, so anyone wanting late units but not a large campaign can have such.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •