Thread: Even though I think that the new Hoplite Phalanx formation is better, the animations are disconcerting.

Default Even though I think that the new Hoplite Phalanx formation is better, the animations are disconcerting.

One of the things that forces me to apply the submod in order to change the hoplite phalanx formation to the alternative phalanx (which makes hoplites behave like simple spearmen) is the backline animation of the current method, they are too immersion breaking in my opinion. I have attached an example in order to illustrate what I speak of.

The soldiers standing idle and static in the backline, in a carefree fashion, makes the scenery odd, specially when there is fighting around them or when they get flanked.

I would be greatful if anyone could tell me if its possible to edit the animation (replace it with another from a unit that doesnt get static) through PFM. Additionally, I'd like to petition the devs to consider a change in this regard.

Also, as a reference, the RIITW mod HELLENIKA has a hoplite phalanx that performs very similar to the current one in DeI, however the backline soldiers dont stand idle.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sample.jpg  

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Even though I think that the new Hoplite Phalanx formation is better, the animations are disconcerting.

I know what you meant but there arent many people who know how to change it. In theory you could test it by trying to see what lines were changed for animations in Hellenika vs how they look in DeI but overall animations tables are...ugh. I only looked at them a bit but no wonder why not many people touch them.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod