Thread: How do you change firing tactics and make morale realistic?

Default How do you change firing tactics and make morale realistic?

Hey guys, I'm new to all of this so I hope I posted this where it belongs.

I wonder, how do you create a new firing mode (like fire and advance)? I would like to push a button that would make the soldiers march slowly toward the enemy without responding to enemy fire and then rush close to the enemy once they are within 90 meter distance and then fire a devastating volley close range (30 m away).

I also wonder if it's possible to change morale so that the soldiers get very weary if they keep firing on an advancing enemy that won't break and just keep getting closer (a parameter like: Weary - Enemy unaffected by volleyfire). The troops marching closer to enemy volley fire without responding to it would also lose morale (Weary - frightening close volleyfire or something like that).

Changing the morale mechanics like this would be essential in creating a Carolean Great Northern War mod, in which I am interested. Is this possible?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: How do you change firing tactics and make morale realistic?

Welcome to TWC, Hoffis!

Since you're new to modding I suggest that you read these tutorials.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...to-create-Mods
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tecture-Primer

Here is a resource that most modders are using for their modding projects. Also, if you have questions about modding in general then post your question here.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Welcome to TWC, Hoffis!

Since you're new to modding I suggest that you read these tutorials.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...to-create-Mods
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...tecture-Primer

Here is a resource that most modders are using for their modding projects. Also, if you have questions about modding in general then post your question here.
    Thank you, I have read it all and I have tried to replace fire and advance in the unit abilities junctions table for Swedish Life Guards (using DBEditor). I chose "fire_volley" There was only one problem - when I wanted to save the script file "user.empire_script_user" as Unicode, there isn't even a Unicode option, only UTF 16 LE and ANSI etc. Nothing I googled could help me. I saved it as UTF 16 LE and started ETW but I saw no changes whatsoever.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? And how do you implement volley fire (which I suppose is when the front rank kneel and both ranks fire at the same time)?
    I got Windows 10, Notepad and Notepad++. Tried both, didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffis View Post
    Thank you, I have read it all and I have tried to replace fire and advance in the unit abilities junctions table for Swedish Life Guards (using DBEditor). I chose "fire_volley" There was only one problem - when I wanted to save the script file "user.empire_script_user" as Unicode, there isn't even a Unicode option, only UTF 16 LE and ANSI etc. Nothing I googled could help me. I saved it as UTF 16 LE and started ETW but I saw no changes whatsoever.
    Have you tried to change the file extension from .pack to .movie since the movie extension doesn't required to be added in the user.empire_script.txt file?

Just add the movie file into the Data folder then launch ETW. That's about it.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Have you tried to change the file extension from .pack to .movie since the movie extension doesn't required to be added in the user.empire_script.txt file?

Just add the movie file into the Data folder then launch ETW. That's about it.
    I have not, is it the thing this quote is about?

"I think Lt. Chambers' editor already implements it, it's just mislabeled - he has

boot
    release
    patch
    movie

instead of

release
    release
    patch
    mod

Just go to Choose pack action>change pack type."

So I just go to choose pack action and do it the way it's written in this quote? And then find the .movie folder somewhere and put it in the ETW data folder? I don't need to write .movie in the script file right?

In order to change a .pack file into movie you need to open it in the Pack File Manager (PFM) then re-save it as <mod name>.pack (now movie).

No. You don't need to find a movie folder because such a folder doesn't exist, not I am aware of.

Yes. Like I said, a mod that's saved in movie only requires one thing and that's drop it into the data folder then launch ETW. Nothing else is required to do.

Civis

Hm, been reading some Carl XII, have we?
    Did you figure this out? I'm a real sucker for historical tactics and would love to either help you with this or perhaps ask if you could so kindly share the finished product? Cheers