Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA

Default Re: GEORGIA

Thanks! Yeah that just a quick attempt, well not so quick because i have to redone the normal map on some parts.

Probably i'll check the eye holes soon.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Very nice first attempt. Follow my tutorial's steps one by one and teh final result will be exelent!
    The next step is to adjust the eye wholes where horse eyes actually are.
    this Spears and kite shield is a real size and shape .
    Last edited by Khevsur; March 05, 2021 at 08:21 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah that just a quick attempt, well not so quick because i have to redone the normal map on some parts.

Probably i'll check the eye holes soon.
    Good to know. But I notticed that you use TGC's lance animation. You know that TGC's material of any kind IS OFF LIMITS , don't you?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Good to know. But I notticed that you use TGC's lance animation. You know that TGC's material of any kind IS OFF LIMITS , don't you?
    Yes i know, every materials from TGC is not open to 'borrow'.
    And, no i don't. I don't make any modifications to animation. Those already used for most cavalry units in SSHIP even before i made my unit, called MTW2_HR_Lance in BMDB entry. I assume this is a vanilla animation, isn't it?|

I even have to download TGC not long ago, to check if lance animation there uses a different name, or just straight overwriting a vanilla file.

This is come out of the blue, seriously

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Georgian Helmets XI-XII century

Last edited by Khevsur; March 16, 2021 at 08:50 AM.

Bodyguard unit revamped, most notable is new kite shields, wrist guard removed, and new full face coif

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

It is wonderful,

but Remove red decoration With two wings on the helmet. Leave it green - In Byzantine style
    I am sorry. This is my mistake on my art . I learned this late - The red decoration With two wings is from the 14th-15th centuries.

Also give them swords, Georgians maces were used after the Mongols 13th-15th centuries.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 04, 2021 at 01:37 PM.

Alright, i can correct that. Thanks for the advice

Anyway, do you have any images on how late era shields look like?

Oh, and also this kind of ornamets used for clothing too? or just for church?

Last edited by umbracatervae777; April 04, 2021 at 11:02 PM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Umbracatervae: Nice work!

@Khevsur: I also saw and appreciated all the documentation work you brought for Georgia.
    I am happy that I am no longer alone working the units because I have so little time and so much to do ...

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

I upload Georgian miniatures,frescoes and clothing ornaments in near future

kostic
    Yes. I do not like lies

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    kostic
    Yes. I do not like lies
    ???

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

kostic

I am glad that you studied Georgian military history. Users do not believe my truth, they contradict my recommendations. They said I was lying.

Details are very important here

umbracatervae777

These are ornaments for nobles , but do not use them for mountaineers and for low class warriors - Castle Guards, Peasants

please Enlarge photos

I also have another Georgian helmet for nobles - XI c

Last edited by Khevsur; April 06, 2021 at 03:47 PM.

And what about their "epiloricon"? Is those wore by the nobles have ornament too?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

And what about their "epiloricon"? Is those wore by the nobles have ornament too?
    you can create this epiloricon for Tadzreuli cavalry and Chukchi bodyguard cavalry, Dark red and burgundy colors, With golden colors ornaments from picture

When you start making round shields with iron reinforcements for Metsikhovne and west-east highlanders ,tell me and I will help you.Everyone had a different shield.
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 07, 2021 at 03:46 AM.

I've made round shields, but for noble units. Around 13th century

I'm still figure out how round shields used by other units, maybe those shields have less reinforcement, different color, or more flat than conical?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I'm still figure out how round shields used by other units, maybe those shields have less reinforcement, different color, or more flat than conical?

I recommend using them in the 11th-12th centuries for metsikhovne , some shields make With less reinforcement.

in 13th-14th century for nobles make this shiselds

Last edited by Khevsur; May 20, 2021 at 05:56 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

To me, these shields look very unlikely to be historical. I understand that the spokes are not painted, but parts of construction of a shield. In this case, the shields would be 1. very expensive (precise work and much of iron), 2. very heavy (plenty of iron), 3. weak on protection (fewer but stouter spokes would provide sturdier shields, given the technology at that time).

The Khevsur's shields also look very fishy from technological point of view. Flat wooden shields are much stronger than convex. Plus would be very expensive. How would one produce such strongly convex shield? I'd require much more than attaching planks to the iron skeleton.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    To me, these shields look very unlikely to be historical. I understand that the spokes are not painted, but parts of construction of a shield. In this case, the shields would be 1. very expensive (precise work and much of iron), 2. very heavy (plenty of iron), 3. weak on protection (fewer but stouter spokes would provide sturdier shields, given the technology at that time).

The Khevsur's shields also look very fishy from technological point of view. Flat wooden shields are much stronger than convex. Plus would be very expensive. How would one produce such strongly convex shield? I'd require much more than attaching planks to the iron skeleton.
    You're wrong again, the Georgians had Similar Type Shields.

West Georgian Highlander ( Svan) Shield

Georgian Shields From frescoes and icons - From Book , Mamuka Tsurtsumia - Medieval Georgian army (900-1700) organization, tactics, armament

Please remind me the years of the periods - early, high and late
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 07, 2021 at 01:16 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Frescos are often beautiful imagination of an artist who lived in a monastery. And the beautiful shield of the reenactors may have well existed - but rather at royal and noble ceremonies, like weddings, funerals, celebrations. And all Saints undoubtly owned such shields.
    By the way, the reenactor has a more reasonable flat shield. Easier to carry, and less expensive to produce.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Frescos are often beautiful imagination of an artist who lived in a monastery. And the beautiful shield of the reenactors may have well existed - but rather at royal and noble ceremonies, like weddings, funerals, celebrations. And all Saints undoubtly owned such shields.
    By the way, the reenactor has a more reasonable flat shield. Easier to carry, and less expensive to produce.

The Svan shield is a living example of the fact that there were metal radial rays on the shield.

please remind me the years of the periods - early, high and late ?
    Last edited by Khevsur; April 07, 2021 at 02:46 PM.