Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA

Default Re: GEORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I was thinking about Egrisian Cavalry . Peasants in western Georgia had many horses. Western Georgian equestrian traditions have been known in Georgia since ancient times. They will enter game during Mongol conquest . However, there will be no nomadic type cavalry.They will have Composite mongolian type bows ,Mongolian type quiver, Bamboo spears, axes and maces. round leather shields With spinning textures,

In Georgia, cavalry tactics of fighting with a bow begin during the Mongol conquests. Previously, this role was played by Regular Monaspa( Where many Kipchags and Alans ) and hired Kypchaks. Georgian cavalry often served in the Mongol army. It was a military tribute. They learned bow tactics there.
    Speaking of Egrisian Cavalry. I'm actually have a radical idea by removing Monaspa from the roster to make a room for them. Because Monaspa won't be trainable in later era and there's no replacement unit, and also there's plenty of Alan mercenaries in the core region that can be treated as 'Monaspa' by proxy.

I know this is may be a bad idea

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Speaking of Egrisian Cavalry. I'm actually have a radical idea by removing Monaspa from the roster to make a room for them. Because Monaspa won't be trainable in later era and there's no replacement unit, and also there's plenty of Alan mercenaries in the core region that can be treated as 'Monaspa' by proxy.

I know this is may be a bad idea
    But Monaspa is a historical unit.It was an army of regular cavalry-with Kypchaks,Alans,Kurds and Georgian mix,Most were Kypchaks .It is better to have a Monaspa unit in the game: horse archrs and spearmen cavalry version, also foot monaspa archers. They will play the historic role for which this unit was created by King David IV builder-horse Archers and Regular cavalry, which Georgians lacked and did not have before.If there is no place, create a Msakhureuli cavalry instead of the Egrisian cavalry.Egrisian horsemans were many in Msakhureuli unit.

in monaspa We will need Kypchak-Alan helmets and armor, round Shields, Curved swords. also 1-2 georgian warrior with open helmet(without nose guard) and light lamellar armour with padded armour maniki and kremasmata , georgian round shield and curved sword.

In Georgia-Tbilisi and Kutaisi region we should only be able to hire these warriors:

Early period:

mokme cavalry and infantry
    kypchak light horse and foot archers

High Late Period:

msakhureuli cavalry and infantry
    Last edited by Khevsur; June 29, 2022 at 02:04 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

i think in game georgian warriors Must be of high fighting spirit and good warriors, with good weapons and good armour .good heavy cavalry , infantry and power infantry archers. The strength of the Georgian warriors was a good and reliable force all around.
    In addition, geographically mountainous Georgia is conducive to defensive wars.

We need two locked castles - in pass western Georgia and in Dariali Pass. It would be good to have a locked castle in Abkhazia black sea coast .

negative side will be the small population and the long time to call up the army. As well as many feudal uprisings and civil war in georgia.A small number of nomadic-type cavalry.
    Last edited by Khevsur; June 26, 2022 at 09:20 AM.

Glekhi rework, quick WIP

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Glekhi rework, quick WIP

Peasants worked often, white clothes are inappropriate for them. In general, white clothes are not seen in medieval Georgia.They did not wear white clothes, please create with dark colors(old version colors) and wihout ornaments.Let's take our hats off and give it to them only-chain mail and padded coiff - similar of glekhi spearmens .I like that you made new clothes

similar version, but with new clothes
    https://i.imgur.com/12FTDri.jpeg

Let's create hats only for Svans
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 01, 2022 at 11:18 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

The axe is kind of big don't you think?
    Try a bit thiner stick and much smaller axe head,
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    The axe is kind of big don't you think?
    Try a bit thiner stick and much smaller axe head,
    Yes, it's a giant ax. It needs to be thinned and reduced

Peasants worked often, white clothes are inappropriate for them. In general, white clothes are not seen in medieval Georgia.They did not wear white clothes, please create with dark colors(old version colors) and wihout ornaments.Let's take our hats off and give it to them only-chain mail and padded coiff - similar of glekhi spearmens .I like that you made new clothes

similar version, but with new clothes
    https://i.imgur.com/12FTDri.jpeg

Let's create hats only for Svans
    Speaking about clothes. I planned to change the white clothes into light brown/khaki like those guys on right

The guy on left i think is not a peasant, isn't it?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Speaking about clothes. I planned to change the white clothes into light brown/khaki like those guys on right

The guy on left i think is not a peasant, isn't it?

This is just the creation of the artist. Dress the peasants in dark natural colors, but still colorful.They were a working people and the light color soon gets dirty.

light brown/khaki ? - maybe for some peasant warrior .
    Nice work, just change new clothes to these colors

Georgian Peasants always had 1 chain-mail coif in home.Little Georgia was a battlefield of huge empires. There was no other way, you had to have a weapon and protect yourself.
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 02, 2022 at 01:27 PM.

Glekhi done

Spoiler for base

Spoiler for upgrade 1

Spoiler for upgrade 2

Spoiler for upgrade 3

For Spearmen (the level below are same as the infantry)

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777
    everything is good. just This color is so much better.It's very pink like a girl's clothes

Make shields of peasants different colors.

And let's finish.process has dragged on for a long time

You can also make peasant Archer like this. but without a shields and less Gambeson
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 04, 2022 at 09:59 AM.

Aznauri redone

I'm also made Msakhureuli Horse Archer. However, are their shields should be put on back or hand?

Last edited by umbracatervae777; July 06, 2022 at 05:21 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Remove the horse's head protection from aznauri

2. split in half
    3.leather kremasmatas narrow cut is better

Put this warrior instead of number 1 warrior. Why did you delete it? it was very beautiful. but mantle and clothe one color -It spoils the artistic visual.The contrast of the color gamut will be better

This horse belt and also aznauri horse neck protection were only in the early period.

About msakhureuli shield, it should be on the back - but in the High-Late era shield was slightly smaller

high-late era horses for aznauri and msakhureuli
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 06, 2022 at 11:21 AM.

About msakhureuli shield, it should be on the back - but in the High-Late era shield was slightly smaller
    Maybe later the shield as small as Metsikhovne Archers and put on hand? Does same thing applies for Aznauri Horse Archers too?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Maybe later the shield as small as Metsikhovne Archers and put on hand? Does same thing applies for Aznauri Horse Archers too?

No, it should be at least the size of a last version Glekhi spearman's shield

in Early period

Give nobles long chain-mail armor and short sleeves scale armour with divided long scale kremasmata .

I think absolutely every Georgian cavalry should have a mantle.
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 06, 2022 at 11:57 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

This point is debatable. It would seem that the mantles were removed before the battles... It is true that a mantle or a cape can really hinder the movements, even entangle the warrior ! It's up to you to see what seems most relevant to you.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    This point is debatable. It would seem that the mantles were removed before the battles... It is true that a mantle or a cape can really hinder the movements, even entangle the warrior ! It's up to you to see what seems most relevant to you.

Yes I understand. But the mantle has beauty. Maybe it depended on the weather.

But it will be awkward for horse archers who put their shield on back

Tazreuli Lancers

NOTE: Foot Tazreuli have been cut from the roster. Because Tazreuli Lancers are planned as special unit trainable only in Tbilisi, and there's Chukhchi Axemen already for anti-armour infantry which also trainable in same place. Instead, i will give the unit slot for Foot Aznauri Archers

Alternatively, i planned the Bodyguard and Tazreuli Lancers become one unit instead separate units

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Tadzreuli not is bodyguard unit , Their number was 500 - 1500 cavalry.Well, we can remove tazreuli infantry

Chukhchi is bodyguard unit ,They guarded king and great feudal lords as infantry in the palace (with large two-handed axes and two handed brutal heavy maces ,in mounted with maces and axe. in high-late period with one handed axes and one handed maces ) and on the battlefield as shock cavalry. Because the king and the feudal lord was the first warrior and was in the front line.

The number of mantles should be the same as for other factions.

in some tadzreuli add wine red mantes.

some aznauri give dark green and dark blue

some chukhchi

dominant color is red

Add these armours , chain-mail face mask and epiloricion in early chukhchi and tadzreuli. Please don't delete armour, helmets and weapons what I don't tell you.Otherwise, there is confusion, we work twice. It's bad for you and for me

delete this face mask

What do you think about the colors of the shields? It would be nice to have a little difference for different units
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 07, 2022 at 03:46 PM.