Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: [F] - GEORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by officialdeo View Post
    I'd have that rather than seeing Georgia expanding far into Southern Russia; it makes no sense economically for any non-nomad faction of the time.
    I absolutely agree. Given the intricacies of the Med2 AI (tendency to go north), the EBII even closed the passes to the north to prevent Hayasdan from expanding in that direction.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Strange because in most of my campaigns, Georgia expanded toward Persia and/or Anatolia
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 23, 2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Strange because in most of my campaigns, Georgia expanded toward Persia and/or Anatolia
    Yeah, but this is more due to Georgia's victory condition which includes ambition towards Northern Capadoccia and Atropatene. In the long run, this is acceptable (hence my post about an eventual recreation of Tigranes' Armenia), but for its short term goal of getting a faction crown, I think a balance can be attained between conquering Bagratuni's Armenia and playing Georgia as a slowly developing feudal faction. Hopefully, the team won't have to waste time creating workarounds for certain factions just to make the gameplay more balanced. I'll post my observation once 0.9.7 is released.

I've been playing extensively with Georgia for the last few days and would like to share my analysis on the faction.

1. The roster is incredibly well-rounded in the beginning, the faction's description of strength and weakness at the selection menu is actually accurate compared to some others
    2. The late period units are mostly generic with non-existent heavy cavalry, but this is more of a feature within Orthodox factions that makes them unappealing for playing far into the late game
    3. It has no access to castle until about 30 turns in when the player should have taken Ani or at least is in the process of taking it, giving proximity to Heskif
    4. It gets obscenely rich easily if Kutaissi is developed properly
    5. 3 and 4 combined make for a feudal faction that doesn't play like a feudal faction at all. It's a Roman Empire lite with better cavalry and archers instead of infantry

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

It seems that archers on horseback at the start of the campaign are historically questionable. I have the feeling that the monaspa horse archers unit is very strong and probably too armored for the 12th century.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    It seems that archers on horseback at the start of the campaign are historically questionable. I have the feeling that the monaspa horse archers unit is very strong and probably too armored for the 12th century.
    I thought Georgia was about to enter its peak during that period? I'm no expert so do correct me. Gameplay-wise, they are alright considering most of Georgia's neighbours have similar or better horse archers.

Quote Originally Posted by officialdeo View Post
    I thought Georgia was about to enter its peak during that period? I'm no expert so do correct me. Gameplay-wise, they are alright considering most of Georgia's neighbours have similar or better horse archers.
    Yes, it's the beginning of the high time for Georgia. But it acquired the status of a regional power only around 1200 (see the map in one of the first posts). It's why it should be such an interesting faction: building up the empire from being a small faction. The neighbours are very remote at the beginning so it's rather easy. It's not like, say, Castille when 3 other factions are instantly gripping your throat (playtesting Castille/Portugal is such a nightmare - they're destroyed within a dozen of turns or so).

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    From what I've read the Monaspa is thought to be recruited also (or mainly?) from the Alans and other folk living in the Caucasus. I actually think Monaspa could be HA but they should quite different from what's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Yes, it's the beginning of the high time for Georgia. But it acquired the status of a regional power only around 1200 (see the map in one of the first posts). It's why it should be such an interesting faction: building up the empire from being a small faction. The neighbours are very remote at the beginning so it's rather easy. It's not like, say, Castille when 3 other factions are instantly gripping your throat (playtesting Castille/Portugal is such a nightmare - they're destroyed within a dozen of turns or so).

From what I've read the Monaspa is thought to be recruited also (or mainly?) from the Alans and other folk living in the Caucasus. I actually think Monaspa could be HA but they should quite different from what's not.
    Portugal is understandable, but Castille surprises me there. I would bet on them on most games to survive. Perhaps you mean Aragon.

Someone should enlighten us whether Georgia's army was heavily oriented towards cavalry and especially horse archers historically. If Monaspa were to be HA too then they would be the Christian equivalent of Rum Seljuks (Foot Fari Archers).

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

hello . im draw Georgian eastern Highlander - Mtieli Swordsmen 11-12 century .

and I corrected Roster

Early era Georgian roster XI -XIII cc Before mongols invasions

Cavalry

Chukhchi lancer - Kings guard and Body Guards Cavalry - Very Heavy - Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Mace, Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Tadzreuli lancer - Kings elite Knight Cavalry - Very Heavy- Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Aznauri lancer - Feudals elite Knight cavalry - Very Heavy-Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Monaspa Lancer - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry ( Kypchaks, Alans and Other Caucasians Mix) - Heavy - Disciplined and Trained (Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Msakhureuli Lancer- Feudals Servant Knight Cavalry - Medium-Disciplined and Trained - (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Horse Archer

Monaspa Horse Archer - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry - heavy - Disciplined and Trained (
    Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Kypchak Horse Archer - Light - Mercerany

Infantry

Dismounted Tazreuli Swordsmen -Kings elite Knight Infantry - Very Heavy- very Disciplined and very Trained (Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Dismounted Aznauri Swordsmen - Feudals elite Knight Infantry - Heavy-Disciplined and very Trained ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Msakhureuli Swordsmen - Feudals Servant Knight Infantry - Medium- Disciplined and Trained ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Mtieli Swordsmen - East Georgian Higlander - Light - very agrresive and Trained (Straight Sword, Round small Shield )

Spearmen

Metsikhovne Spearmen - Castle Guard - medium - disciplined and trained (Spear, Round shield )

Glekhi Spearmen - Peasant infantry - light - untrained (Spear, Round shield )

Archer

Dismounted Monaspa Archer - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry ( Kypchaks, Alans and Other Caucasians Mix) - Heavy-discilpined and trained (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Metsikhiovne Archer- Castle Guard -medium- discilpined and trained (Bow, Sword, Round shield )

Svani Spearmen /Archer- West Georgian Highlander Infantry - light - trained (Bow, Short Spear , Round leather shield )

Glekhi Archer- Peasant infantry - light -untrained (Bow, dagger )
    Last edited by Khevsur; February 02, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

What do you mean by "very heavy"? There's no such a category
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

High and late era Georgian roster XIII -XV cc ​ after mongols and Timurid invasion

Cavalry

Chukhchi lancer - Kings guard and Body Guards Cavalry - Very Heavy - Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Mace, Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Tadzreuli lancer - Kings elite Knight Cavalry - Very Heavy- Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, mace , round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Aznauri lancer - Feudals elite Knight cavalry - Heavy-Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, curved Sword, round shield )

Msakhureuli Lancer- Feudals Servant Knight Cavalry - Medium-Disciplined and Trained - (
    Spear, curved Sword,
    round shield )

Horse Archer

Aznauri Archer - Feudals elite Knight cavalry - Very Heavy-Disciplined and Very Trained (bow, curved Sword,
    round shield )

Msakhureuli archer - Feudals Servant Knight Cavalry - Medium-Disciplined and Trained - (bow
    , curved Sword,
    round shield )

Infantry

Dismounted Tazreuli Swordsmen -Kings elite Knight Infantry - Very Heavy- very Disciplined and very Trained (mace
    round shield )

Dismounted Aznauri Swordsmen - Feudals elite Knight Infantry - Heavy-Disciplined and very Trained (
    curved Sword,
    round shield )

Msakhureuli Swordsmen - Feudals Servant Knight Infantry - Medium- Disciplined and Trained (
    curved Sword,
    round shield )

Mtieli Swordsmen - East Georgian Higlander - Light - very agrresive and Trained (Curved Sword, Round small Shield )

Spearmen

Metsikhovne Spearmen - Castle Guard - medium - disciplined and trained ( Spear, Round shield )

Glekhi Spearmen - Peasant infantry - light - untrained (Spear , Round shield )

Archer

Dismounted Aznauri Archer -
    Kings elite Knight Infantry- Heavy-discilpined and trained (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Metsikhiovne Archer- Castle Guard -medium- discilpined and trained (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Svani Spearmen /Archer- West Georgian Highlander Infantry - light - trained (Short Spear,Bow, Round leather shield )
    Svani Spearmen /Croosbowmen ( late era ) -
    light - trained ( Short Spear, Crossbow, Round leather shield )

Glekhi Archer
    - Peasant infantry - light -untrained (Bow, dagger )
    Last edited by Khevsur; February 02, 2021 at 01:42 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    What do you mean by "very heavy"? There's no such a category
    Early era XI-XIII cc Byzantine, Kypchak influence

Chukhchi - Lamellar and Scale armor on chain-mail full armor , helmet With Chain-mail coif and face coverd, full byzantine horse full lamellar armor
    Tadzreuli - Lamellar and Scale armor on chain-mail full armor , helmet With Chain-mail coif , full byzantine horse lamellar armor
    Aznauri - Lamellar and Scale armor on chain-mail full armor , chain- mail armor , helmet With Chain-mail coif
    Monaspa - Lamellar and chain-mail armor, helmet with chain-mail coif
    Msakhureuli - light chain- mail and padded armor , helmet with chain-mail and padded coif, Chain-mail coif

Mtieli - chain-mail armor, chain-mail coif
    Metsikhovne - padded armor , helmets with padded coif , chain-mail coif
    Svani - without armor, helmet and coif
    Glekhi - without armor, helmet and coif

High era
    XIII - XIV cc Turkish, Mongolian and Eastern influence

Chukhchi - Lamellar armor on chain-mail full armor , chest disc, helmet With Chain-mail coif and face coverd, full khwarazm horse lamellar and chain-mail armor
    Tadzreuli - Lamellar armor on chain-mail full armor , chain-mail armor, chest disc, helmet With Chain-mail coif and face coverd , full khwarazm horse lamellar and chain-mail armor
    Aznauri - Lamellar, Scale armor on chain-mail full armor , chain- mail armor , chest disc , helmet With Chain-mail coif
    Msakhureuli - light chain- mail and padded armor , helmet with chain-mail and padded coif, Chain-mail coif

Mtieli - chain-mail armor, chain-mail coif
    Svani - without armor, without helmet and coif
    Glekhi - without armor, withuot helmet and coif

Late era XV c
    Timurid
    influence

Chukhchi - plate armor , chain-mail full armor , helmet With Chain-mail coif and face coverd, Limb protection, horse full plate and chain-mail armor
    Tadzreuli - plate armor, chain-mail full armor , helmet With Chain-mail coif and face coverd , Limb protection, horse full plate and chain-mail armor
    Aznauri - plate armor, chain-mail full armor , Limb protection, helmet With Chain-mail coif
    Msakhureuli - light chain-mail and padded armor , helmet with chain-mail and padded coif, Chain-mail coif

Mtieli - chain-mail armor, chain-mail coif , Limb protection
    Svani - without armor, without helmet and coif
    Glekhi - without armor, withuot helmet and coif
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 09, 2020 at 02:25 PM.

I've had a look at the Georgian roster in the current SSHIP and I cannot find any other faction that has so many factional units. It's perhaps 15 for Georgia, while for Poland it's 4.

In the SSHIP the Georgia AI is performing very well in each game: it has the safest position (no serious neighbours until the border with the Seljucs is established) and the best autoresolve (given the weight that is given in this procedure to the heavy armoured troops).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; June 03, 2020 at 02:02 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Jurand of Cracow

my Georgian unit roster is historically accurate.
    Nobles cavalry Dismounted versions can be removed. If you don't want in Game

Last edited by Khevsur; October 05, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

The Georgian reforms descriptions are in the 4th entry in this thread. Here is the code for those reforms. I hope it's stable now, although some conditions may change if realized to be out of step with history, logic or coding rules.
    Code:
        ;====================================================================================================== GEORGIA EVOLUTION
      ;---------- Georgia Evolution

set_event_counter georgian2_golden_age_player 0                ; turn 80-140
        set_event_counter georgian3_shota_rustaveli_player 0        ; turn 150-220
        set_event_counter georgian4_crossbow_in_caucasus_player 0    ; turn 200-300    
        set_event_counter georgian6_revival_player 0                ; turn 270-360
        set_event_counter georgian7_last_united_kingdom_player 0    ; turn 220-270    

;-------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGIAN 1 STARTING INFO
        ; information about reforms

monitor_event PreFactionTurnStart FactionType georgia

if I_IsFactionAIControlled georgia
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 3
                historic_event GEORGIAN0_STARTING_INFO        
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

if I_IsFactionAIControlled georgia
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber = 4
                historic_event GEORGIAN1_REFORMS_INFO        
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

;-------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGIAN 2 GOLDEN AGE
        ; historically should take place around turn 140

if I_TurnNumber > 70                                        ; just in case the player rushes the map
            and RandomPercent > 20
            and I_CompareCounter number_p_large_town_built > 2            ; Gergia has built 3 Local Guards (Large Town level)
            and I_CompareCounter number_ikoner_studio_built > 1            ; at least 2 Ikoner Studio were built (Minor City level)
            and I_SettlementOwner Kutaisi = georgia
            and I_SettlementOwner Tbilisi = georgia

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsGreek > 0            ; the FL should have either wife or some ancestors of Byzantine / Kievian descent
                    historic_event GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }                                        ; info only for the nearby factions
                    if not I_IsFactionAIControlled georgia
                        inc_event_counter georgian2_golden_age_player 1
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_Greek > 0
                    historic_event GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsKievan > 0
                    historic_event GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_Kievan > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 70
            and RandomPercent > 20                                            ; to add some randomness against the bugs
            and I_EventCounter FL_is_crowned_ruler > 0                        ; FL has the crown
            and not I_IsFactionAIControlled georgia                            ; to ensure it's not another faction FL who's got the crown

end_if
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 130                                            ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug
            and RandomPercent > 90                                            ; to add some randomness against the bugs
            and I_SettlementOwner Tbilisi = georgia                            ; at least the capital is in the Georgian hands

end_if
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

;-------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGIAN 3 SHOTA RUSTAVELI 
        ; historically should take place around turn 170

if I_TurnNumber > 150
            and RandomPercent > 20                                            ; to add some randomness against the bugs        
            and I_CompareCounter number_ikoner_studio_built > 3                ; Gergia has built 3 Ikoner Studios (Minor City level)
            and I_CompareCounter number_cathedral_o_built > 1                ; at least 2 Large City

historic_event GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    inc_event_counter georgian3_shota_rustaveli_player 1
                end_if            
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 210                                        ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug
            and RandomPercent > 90                                        ; to add some randomness against the bugs
            and I_SettlementOwner Tbilisi = georgia                        ; at least the capital is in the Georgian hands

historic_event GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    inc_event_counter georgian3_shota_rustaveli_player 1
                end_if            
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

;-------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGIAN 4 CROSSBOW IN CAUCASUS
        ; add crossbow units for Georgia
        ; this event is unrelated to the next Georgian events (may happen later)
        ; there's no pic

if I_TurnNumber > 200
            and I_EventCounter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS > 0                        ; improvments in crossbow technology in Europe occured
            and I_CompareCounter number_university_built > 0                ; at least 1 Large City (allows contacts with the Latins)
            and I_CompareCounter number_marksmans_range_built > 1            ; Gergia has built 2 Marksmans Ranges (Castle level)

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsJerusalem > 0            ; the FL should have either wife or some ancestors of Byzantine / Kievian descent
                    historic_event GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }                                ; info only for the nearby factions
                        inc_event_counter georgian4_crossbow_in_caucasus_player 1
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_Jerusalem > 0
                    historic_event GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsHRE > 0
                    historic_event GEORGIAN4_CROSSBOW_IN_CAUCASUS factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_HRE > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsEnglish > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_English > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsSicilian > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_Sicilian > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia WifeIsFrench > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

if I_FactionLeaderTrait georgia Royal_Relation_French > 0
                    end_if
                    terminate_monitor
                end_if

end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 290                                        ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug
            and RandomPercent > 90                                        ; to add some randomness against the bugs
            and I_EventCounter MOUNTED_CROSSBOWS > 0                    ; improvments in crossbow technology in Europe occured    
            and I_SettlementOwner Tbilisi = georgia                        ; at least the capital is in the Georgian hands

end_if
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

;-------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGIAN 5 6 REVIVAL
        ; historically should take place around turn 380

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Tbilisi
            and I_EventCounter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI > 0            ; only after the peak had happened (but no turn condition)
            and not FactionType georgia                                    ; Gergia lost capital to another faction
            and not FactionType slave                                    ; but not to a rebellion

historic_event GEORGIAN5_REVIVAL_ALLOWED                ; next part of script may fire
                  terminate_monitor
        end_monitor

if I_TurnNumber > 270
            and RandomPercent > 20                                        ; to add some randomness against the bugs            
            and I_EventCounter GEORGIAN5_REVIVAL_ALLOWED > 0            ; Gergia had lost capital to another faction
            and I_CompareCounter number_p_city_built > 3                ; Gergia has built 4 Local Councils (Minor City level)
            and I_CompareCounter number_citadel_built > 0                ; at least 1 Citadel (Large Castle) exists

historic_event GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL
                    inc_event_counter georgian6_revival_player 1
                end_if            
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 350                                        ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug

historic_event GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    inc_event_counter georgian6_revival_player 1
                end_if            
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor

;-------------------------------------------------------------------- GEORGIAN 7 LAST UNITED KINGDOM
        ; historically should take place around turn 600
        ; details of this event are to be worked out in the future (the description is ok, but there's no pic)

if I_TurnNumber > 520
            and RandomPercent > 20                                        ; to add some randomness against the bugs
            and FactionBuildingExists = huge_cathedral_o                ; at least 1 Huge City
            and FactionBuildingExists = great_university                ; at least 1 Huge City
            and FactionBuildingExists = royal_armoury                    ; highest level of barracks in a citadel

historic_event GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    inc_event_counter georgian7_last_united_kingdom_player 1
                end_if            
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

if I_TurnNumber > 600                                        ; FALL BACK - in case of failure or a bug

historic_event GEORGIAN7_LAST_UNITED_KINGDOM factions { georgia, jerusalem, byzantium, turks, cumans, abbasid, rum, zengid, kievan_rus, }    
                    inc_event_counter georgian7_last_united_kingdom_player 1
                end_if            
                terminate_monitor
            end_if

end_monitor
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; December 07, 2020 at 02:06 PM.

I've had a look at the Georgian roster in the current SSHIP and I cannot find any other faction that has so many factional units. It's perhaps 15 for Georgia, while for Poland it's 4.
    Georgia is culturally and geographically very isolated. While all Latin factions can share many generic units, the Orthodox factions are so far apart that they wouldn't really share much. Although I presume you could cook up some more "Eastern" units to fill up the Russians, Serbians, and most likely the Georgians. If unit slots are that much of a pressing issue that is.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Georgia is culturally and geographically very isolated. While all Latin factions can share many generic units, the Orthodox factions are so far apart that they wouldn't really share much. Although I presume you could cook up some more "Eastern" units to fill up the Russians, Serbians, and most likely the Georgians. If unit slots are that much of a pressing issue that is.
    Georgia's allies were pre-Islamic North Caucasians- Roki Spa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roki_Spa

What 's new? Has anything been done?

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    What 's new? Has anything been done?
    Over the last year I've spent more time on scripting Georgian events and on making order in the recruitment and on re-naming the units than on all other factions combined...

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    I actually agree with @Rodrigues that Georgia's roster should be very different form the other Orthodox factions... and it is. Imo, it's too heavy and too far away from the neighbouring factions. If you abstain from dreaming the Georgian phantasies about their past and the art conventions borrowed from the Greeks, rationally thinking the troops should be quite close to the Armenian, Persian and Anatolian peoples living around.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Over the last year I've spent more time on scripting Georgian events and on making order in the recruitment and on re-naming the units than on all other factions combined...

I actually agree with @Rodrigues that Georgia's roster should be very different form the other Orthodox factions... and it is. Imo, it's too heavy and too far away from the neighbouring factions. If you abstain from dreaming the Georgian phantasies about their past and the art conventions borrowed from the Greeks, rationally thinking the troops should be quite close to the Armenian, Persian and Anatolian peoples living around.
    Georgian military historians know better. They dig Tombs, study, know the history of Georgia better

In the 9th-12 th centuries in georgia was Byzantine military influence. Georgian elite cavalry - Tadzreuli , Chukhchi Guard Gavalry was Very armored. Aznauri Cavalry Had no horse armor, but human armor was heavy . They were analogues of knights . There was no archers cavalry. Georgia did not have a mobile cavalry. David IV Settled cumans in Georgia for this.

After the Mongols invasion Georgian cavalry started fighting with a bow, But main weapon was a spear Shock attack. Georgian cavalry never fought similar Nomads and Turks.

Please see

https://independent.academia.edu/MamukaTsurtsumia

https://www.academia.edu/42959374/%E...dieval_Georgia

Horse Armour in Medieval Georgia
    Summary
    A good horse had always a high value. The riders life depended on the horse,hence its protection was given considerable attention from early times.Horse armour has a history of some three millennia, originating in Meso- potamia. Heavy cavalry was created by the Assyrians. They mounted a heavily
    armoured warrior on a horse, while the Khorezmians are known to have had a
    cavalry fully equipped (both the rider and the horse) with metal armour in the 6thcentury BC. In later centuries horse armour occurs in the armies of all great em- pires of the East. The Achaemenids and Seleucids employed an armoured cavalry.Especially intensive was its use in Parthia and Sasanid Iran, Rome and Byzantiumimitating the latter.Research into horse armour in Georgia comes across many obstacles. In the
    rst place note should be taken of the non-existence of archaeological specimens,
    and generally of any material evidences. Matters are complicated further by theabsence of a full-valued representations of horse armour; this may be accounted
    for by the tradition established in Orthodox iconography, which did not reect an
    armoured horse from the beginning. Nevertheless, horse armour has a long history in Georgia. The tradition of
    ghting on an armoured horse is attested to from the time of Vakhtang Gorgasali.
    Reports on Georgian horse armour become more numerous in the Middle Ages.Early in the 11th century, when the Georgian kingdom is formed and the Georgian
    feudal class is on the rise, the heavy armament and armoured horses were reect
    -ed in the writings of Byzantine and Armenian authors. Horse armour is attested toin Georgian documents and narrative sources as well. Belles-lettres also suppliesdiverse material on horse armour.The evidence preserved in Georgian written sources enables one to discussthe types of horse armour and it’s constituent parts, such as
    chamfron
    crinet
    and
    barding
    .A review of horse armour helps us to form an idea of medieval Georgianheavily armed cavalrymen, which points to the high level of warfare and the con-siderable resources spent by the Georgian feudal society on armament.
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 08, 2021 at 01:44 PM.

Each nation fights in a similar way as its neighbours do. But the narrative of the historians and artists always try to depict it in a similar ways as a faction perceived as culturally superior is depicted. So the Georgians fought like the other people in the Cauacasus and the Armenian highlands but they depicted their elites as the Byzantine (and later also the Latin) artists and historians did for their elites.
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; January 09, 2021 at 04:57 AM.