Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435

Thread: GEORGIA

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GEORGIA

High and late era bow bags, Quivers, Svanian 3, 2 and 1-branch bows. Late period helmet.

Some things may be too detailed and not suitable for a low poly game. That's why you made it with textures.

Then I'll probably finish all the late period helmets

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ph5i4...mra.blend/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 09, 2023 at 04:47 PM. Reason: fix weapon
    Georgian Medieval Shields By Khevsur

https://www.mediafire.com/file/017uq....2023.rar/file

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Base of late period helmets. These helmets need textured details. Some helmets need (I didn't do these details in Blender because it would make the file heavier) a chain cowl to cover the face

In the near future (maybe today) I will be doing high period helmets and also some spears from all periods

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3o201...mra.blend/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 12, 2023 at 04:17 AM. Reason: add late era helmet without feather detal

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

As promised, I soon made spears and high period 13-14th century helmets

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u11ba...fur.blend/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 11, 2023 at 06:02 AM. Reason: fix link

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think the nomadic detail attached to the spear - the horse's tail is better to be simple. Then the imitation of fur will be made with textures.I also added alum-like details for the helmet

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u11ba...fur.blend/file

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Icon6 Re: GEORGIA

Georgian helmets of the high period, 13-15 centuries

These helmets are much more sophisticated and better than the previous helmets. I tried to make these helmets as realistic as possible. These are realistic sizes and shapes from the photos. Vertexes are a bit heavy - slightly more than 500. But it is possible to delete some details and make them with textures (for example, eyebrows).And of course for the heavy cavalry don't forget closed chain-mail guard for face

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ilw82...vis.blend/file
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 11, 2023 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fix ermitage helmet size

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    I'm testing the campaign now. If there's no persistent CTD or failed script then expect i release the mini-mod sooner.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Hi @umbra! Some news about your great georgian work? I'm looking forward to them being added to the next version of sship to play with! Great job! and happy new year!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hi @umbra! Some news about your great georgian work? I'm looking forward to them being added to the next version of sship to play with! Great job! and happy new year!
    Not for long, i'm preparing the thread and upload the files

It's on live
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; January 02, 2024 at 12:44 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I already learned how to make units

The first thing I wanted to do is Colchian warriors (Ancient Kartvelian ) acording to Xenophon Anabasis 5-3 centuries B C. I will do many things already.

Last edited by Khevsur; January 02, 2024 at 05:50 AM.

Majkl's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I already learned how to make units

The first thing I wanted to do is Colchian warriors (Ancient Kartvelian ) acording to Xenophon Anabasis 5-3 centuries B C. I will do many things already.

Since I scolded you before now allow me to congratulate you to an awesome work. Glad to see more people investing time into modding. Hopefully M2TW will grow along with many skilled modders since we can not trust Creative Assembly to make good Medieval 3 Total War. +rep to you

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Well done Khevsur!
    So you will soon be able to make us the units as you want them. Finally, you will probably encounter obstacles but the community should be able to help you with the software you use.

I've doing well in a VH/VH campaign until persistent CTD hit

My small observation during this campaign and some previous campaigns (NOTE: I have Faction Revamp mini-mod installed):

- Ani has good income on Mines, it's important to focus on Mines construction after capturing it. Also, quarries there give income bonus instead of paying upkeep.

- Sultanate of Rum always be my first opponent. However, ceasefire is not that difficult to obtain because they will busy battling other neighbour like Crusaders, Zengids, and sometimes ERE. But at some point, Rum will back to invade later.

- Cumans will invade after more than 50 turns and they are very persistent to invade even after ceasefire not for long. I can say they are easiest opponent to fight as long as i keep exploiting higher ground, and Cuman armies is quite straightforward than other factions which have variety of units.

- ERE will attack if i take Trebizond from rebels, not from other factions (Rum for example), as they are ready to take Trebizond from rebels with full stack army in early game. I have experiencing 2 campaigns that ERE will offer alliance and not going to backstab, yet.

- Great Seljuk, or in some case Abbasids will attack if i capture and held Tabriz, depends on which is my direct neighbour. At least Great Seljuk will send lot of assassins to sabotage or murder my generals. Otherwise if Great Seljuk have captured Tabriz, they just send some army to patrol around Ani and Baku border, but they can send some spies too although rarely.

- I rarely defend settlement and always sally forth. In my Faction Revamp, i give Aznauri Lancers a powerful charge so they are very effective unit in breaking enemy formations.

- Higher ground is the key for fully effective archers. Keep in mind in my Faction Revamp, Georgian foot archers have shorter range, so always seek for high ground to avoid being outranged by enemy archers. This come in handy when fighting against Cumans or Rum, as settlement neighbouring them have rugged terrains to exploit.

My settlement occupation order:
    1. Take Ani just right at the game begins, the starting army is strong enough to laying siege
    2. Take Qaliqala after some turns. It's better to wait the mission which will give you good amount of gold, around 4000-8000. If the mission doesn't appear for long time, just take it. Reinforce with at least 1 infantry from your starting army
    3. Build a decent army to take Baku, since it's quite far from your starting settlement. So when you ready to take Bab Al Abwab, you still have some army ready. Alternatively, convert Baku to a castle for better army recruitment, and there's a replenisment boost
    4. Take Bab Al Abwab after the army from Baku got replenished

The rest it just improvise

Alternatively, it's possible to take Trebizond without being attacked by ERE later with their battle-ready full stack. By prepare your diplomat near Rum settlement, and after take Trebizond, sell it to Rum. So you can retake it after some time when Rum attack
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; January 22, 2024 at 02:43 AM.

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@Umbra: I also started a campaign with the Georgians and your mini-mod in VH/VH to be able to test your new units.
    First of all, congratulations on your work on the units. I also saw that you worked on a lot of files other than those dedicated to the appearance of the units and this shows that you have a more extensive level of knowledge of the game files than me.

My campaign with your mini mod was different from yours (although I only got to turn 38) and I haven't yet exploited the mines in Ani. This will undoubtedly be useful advice from you if I survive the simultaneous attacks of ERE and the Cumans.

ERE refused from the start any diplomatic agreement. I did not attack Trézibonde. ERE landed with a first army by surprise and returned again after being pushed back twice.

I tried several times to have an alliance with the Cumans, until offering them 2000 florins and map information. They refused all the time and are now launching raids on my territory at the same time as ERE.

When I was besieging Bab al-Abwab, bad luck would have it that a jihad was launched on this city. I had just enough time to take and pillage then flee to Baku before the arrival of the Muslim armies! I would have been unable to resist them.

Last edited by kostic; January 21, 2024 at 07:39 AM.

I think because i capture Qaliqala first over Baku and that's why Rum attack me first instead of ERE. Or maybe it's just unfortunate chance that ERE attack first with full force.

Qaliqala have good income from mines and it's easy to reinforce army from neighbouring settlements, while Baku need at least 2 turns

Additionally, Baku can be converted into a castle for recruitment boost since it's a HR Georgia
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; January 21, 2024 at 07:45 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think Pkhoveli should have high lock_morale and more attacks, because they learned sword fencing in childhood. Running away from battlefield was against their matrial art traditions. If they ran away, they were punished - they were thrown out of community with their families and lived in shame for rest of their lives. No one wanted to communicate with Pkhoveli and his family, who had fled from battle. They were shunned like lepers. That's why they preferred to die in battle..There were very strict laws in the mountains of Georgia.
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 22, 2024 at 11:25 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Methope
    (Description)

Firearms were introduced in Georgia in XV-XVI centuries. Ottomans used cannons and handguns in military campaigns against the Georgian kingdom of Imereti and the principality of Samtskhe. Some of these weapons were captured by the Georgians, but they didn't use them regularly before the 17th century, when the Georgian kings of Kakheti, formed their first musketeer regiment of five hundred strong. Kakheti was a vassal state to Safavid Iran and their armies fought in the wars against the Ottomans in the beginning of the 17th century. Supposedly formation and the tactics of the Kakhetian musketeer regiment were influenced by the Ottoman and the Safavid armies and the Russian Streltsy guard units formed by Ivan IV of Russia.