Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GEORGIA

umbracatervae777

Are they an actual feudal class, maybe above Aznauri but below Eristavi. Or they are a retainer units recruited by feudal lords?
    Aznauri - were Feudals Cavalry , They had agricultural lands, they had peasants, They and their servants(Mokme/Msakhureuli) practiced fighting with a spear every day. Training and fighting - it was their duty.His peasants certainly worked on his lands.

Tadzreuli - It was the King's personal cavalry. There were some aristocratic feudal lords, some were servants, some were young feudals. Their number was 500-1500 heavy cavalry . The king gave them armor and weapons, However, the aristocratic feudal lords and feudal lords already had their armaments.

Chukhchi - It was the King's personal bodyguard cavalry-Warriors of the highest fighting qualities. Chukhcherakhi ( Achukhchi, Chukhcharkhi ) - is Was the commander of the King's guards.

Monaspa- Foreign mercenaries Regular Cavalry of the king. They were Kypchaks , Alans, Kurds and Georgian Aznauri, Whose land was conquered by the enemy (georgians studied the style of nomadic fighting - give them with round georgian shields and Curved sword ). The number of monaspa was 2000-5000 cavalry

Eristavi - head of the nation. This unit did not exist- Because there were a maximum of 10 Eristavi men in Georgia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eristavi

My roster is based on historical units

Jurand of Cracow

I try to show the forum what characterizes us Georgians. That is what is known to us from the past. Fighting with a double ax This style really existed in western Georgia and still survives today.

Western Georgia was a very forested country and Guerilla warriors needed a fast close battle. He must jump down from the trees, quickly kill the enemy and hide again.
    Guerilla warriors are weak in general battle and can not catch the line
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 29, 2021 at 09:56 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

New Art " Battle of Ertsukhi -1104 "

Georgians destroyed the Turk-Seljuks

high quality pic in spoiler
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Georgian Feudal Knight with sphere-conical segmental helmet and scale armour

Last edited by Khevsur; November 29, 2021 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    I have a question regarding Tazreuli.

Are they an actual feudal class, maybe above Aznauri but below Eristavi. Or they are a retainer units recruited by feudal lords?
    Hi friend, how go your work about georgian unit roster? Do you have some images for us??
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think it is better to call this unit - Egrisian Axeman and he will replace Caucasian Hillman.

If you do not like the idea of fighting with two axes, you can give a round Light wooden, leather covered shield, with shield boss and one Axe . But I think two axes are more convenient for an impassable forest Guerilla warrior
    Last edited by Khevsur; November 29, 2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hi friend, how go your work about georgian unit roster? Do you have some images for us??
    Just a new spear model, and no new units yet

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Just a new spear model, and no new units yet
    ok friend, little by little, the question is to finish it and be able to play it in sship mod hehe, but if some battle images would be appreciated or know how many units you have been able to remodel
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Can one Georgian hymn be inserted in the game?

this Chant - "You Are A Vineyard" was created by Demetrius I in 12 th century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_I_of_Georgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUtR_3NKQDU&t=30s

When factional sounds will be implemented, of course

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Equipping a Georgian Aznauri and Mokme( in high and late period - Msakhureuli ) horse

Last edited by Khevsur; December 01, 2021 at 02:00 PM.

Foederatus

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Help

Just noticed the "Experience of Troops" popup says new units will never get more than 2 chevrons but there are now some units that get +3 and +4 with the highest level buildings, when added with other experience giving building it should be possible to get new units with +6 in some cases.

Also Monaspa Lancers have lower attack than Monaspa HA who also have higher defense skill and same Armour. Is that by design? Lancers next Armour is full plate vs MHA Heavy Brignadine both for 10 defence value.
    Georgian Met Spearman have armour upgrade as Leather Lamellar, I assume that = Light Lamellar in smiths.

Somehow i planned the Monaspa fight with 'lances' while on foot (or with bow and lance), it may be not acceptable at all

Textures are still WIP

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

this is 13th-15th c shields. Slightly reduce the diameter. During this period the diameter of the round shields decreases.

We do not want these helmets. Give them many kypchaks helmet , 1-2 Georgian helmet and 1-2 Alanian helmets.

Do you remember shields of 11th-12th c Metsikhovne from my ilustration and materials ?give them Alan-Kypchak-Georgian shields mix. You are not limited in armor, use what the Kypchaks and Alans had. but Georgians in monaspa , use what the Georgians had.

Infantry Monaspa with spears is not historical, it is better to make dismounted monaspa archers- with curved sword,Because we have many shok cavalry. kypachaks and alans were hired, because they were good nomadic archers cavalry. Georgian Knights not like bow-The bow was a weapon of cowardice for them. They loved hand-to-hand combat. But, in 13 th c Mongols showed Georgians A terrible lesson with bows- Mongols easily defeated the Georgians with a bow tactic. After that, Georgian cavalry began to learn how to fight with a bow and use a bow. Mongols took the Georgians cavalry in their battles - it was a military tax.

You can make Monaspa Unit with the following priorities:
    1. Monaspa arches cavalry, with curved swords - We definitely need it (For which they were hired)
    2. Dismounted Monaspa Archers- for city battle - Not necessary, but possible
    3. Monaspa lancers cavalry - With short nomadic spears and curved swords - This is what we need the least , but possible.

Monaspa - Slave Army (eng) (Mona-slave, Spa -Army ) Foreigners mercenary Regular army that only obeyed the king's orders. they were not slaves, they were mercenaries. Their slavery was manifested in the execution of the king's order.Their number was 2000-5000 cavalry .

Monaspa was created by David IV The builder in the years 1118-1120.in georgia Monaspa was no longer after 1184 years, as most of kypchaks returned to their homeland 1125-1135 years. And there were no longer enough warriors for Monaspa units.
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 05, 2021 at 03:43 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Unfortunately medieval 2 engine does not allow warriors to have several weapons, so I think in the high and late periods we make Archers cavalry with sword or mace and Lancers Spearmen cavalry with sword or mace . I think it is better to do the same with Monaspa. Im Hopefully there will be places
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 05, 2021 at 05:53 PM.

Alright, i'll share my plans on new Georgian roster recruitment. Maybe it will give any insights (Keep in mind it may changes following how the script works in next version):

Landowners building lines (city & castle), 4 levels:
    Aznauri Lancers (Level 1, until turn 150-220)
    Aznauri Horse Archers (Level 1, from turn 150-220)
    Foot Aznauri (Level 1, until turn 150-220)
    Foot Aznauri Archers (Level 1, from turn 150-220)
    General's Bodyguard (Level 3)

City Barracks building lines, 7 levels:
    Mtieli Swordsmen (Level 1, AOR Georgia region only, trainable for all factions)
    Mountain Hunters (Level 1, AOR Georgia region only, trainable for all factions)
    Glekhi Militia (Level 1, free upkeep unit)
    Glekhi Spearmen (Level 1, free upkeep unit)

Castle Barracks building lines, 5 levels:
    Glekhi Militia (Level 1, free upkeep unit)
    Glekhi Spearmen (Level 1, free upkeep unit)
    Metsikhovne Spearmen (Level 2)
    Foot Mokme (Level 3)
    Foot Aznauri (Level 4, from turn 150-220)

Ranges building lines, 4 levels:Mountain Hunters (Level 1, AOR Georgia region only, trainable for all factions)
    Metsikhovne Archers (Level 2)

Stables building lines, 5 levels:
    Mokme Cavalry (Level 2)
    Msakhureuli Cavalry (Level 2, from turn 270-360)
    Aznauri Lancers (Level 3, from turn 150-220)

Castle main building:
    Mtieli Swordsmen (AOR Georgia region only, trainable for all factions)

Georgian Wonder:
    Monaspa Lancers
    Chukhchi Axemen
    Tazreuli Lancers

-------------
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; July 05, 2022 at 07:56 AM. Reason: update

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

@umbraca : Your project shows that you have mastered several points of the game. I personally hardly touched the files which allow the recruitment of units (EDB, campaign_script ... etc) for fear of coming into conflict with the work of JOC.It might be helpful if you were part of the team now as it keeps you up to date with beta additions with the developer feed.

Yeah, and that's why if i'm ready to release the submod project, i'll wait for the complete new version first so i can follow up what script is available. I don't change the script though, mostly only EDU, EDB, and battle_models.modeldb

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

High and Late period Aznauri cavalry had spear, bow and a sword - This is a historical reality.In the 13th century there was a transformation of the fighting style, from knightly to nomadic.
    Dismounted Aznauri Archers - this is good for City battle , But if places are limited - it's better Aznauri Horse archers,It is much more historical and real
    Georgian peasants had bows (Peasant/eng=Glekhi/geo )
    Eastern Crossbow Militia in georgia ?- There was nothing like it in Georgia , There will be a destruction of historical reality.
    Svanian Crossbowmen-This is a historical reality
    European style late units in georgia ? - Absolutely unhistorical, There has been nothing like this in Georgia.
    Tartar Foot Lancers ? - What do they want in Georgia?There is nothing like it in history books. But you probably want to insert it because of the Mongol invasion.
    Metsikhovne Archers is enough, not to repeat the same style often- I mean servants / msakhureuli archers of the same class. It's better Glekhi archers.

I will correct the names, it will be so much beautiful and historical

Mountain Hunter - Svanian Archer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svaneti
    Megrelian Horse Archer - Egrisian Horse Archer
    Peasant Spearmen - Glekhi Spearmen
    General's Bodyguard - Chukhchi Bodyguard Cavalry
    Mtieli Swordsmen - Pkhovian Swordsmen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkhovi
    Servant-Mokme 11th-12 th century , Msakhureuli - 13 th century ...

I can not understand the scripts unfortunately and I can not say anything

Guys is this really a historical improvement submod? what do you need to experiment with? Isn't it better to really improve historically? I mean absolutely non-historical and unsuitable units for Georgia. Western European and other units have nothing to do with Georgia.This is the same as tomatoes on ice cream
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 06, 2021 at 05:10 AM.

umbracatervae777

High and Late period Aznauri cavalry had spear, bow and a sword - This is a historical reality.In the 13th century there was a transformation of the fighting style, from knightly to nomadic.
    Dismounted Aznauri Archers - this is good for City battle , But if places are limited - it's better Aznauri Horse archers,It is much more historical and real
    I think that's a good alternative. Yeah i can set the roster to be more offensive rather than defensive (more favor to horse archers rather than foot archers)

Eastern Crossbow Militia in georgia ?- There was nothing like it in Georgia , There will be a destruction of historical reality.
    This is one of least possible outcome, so in the end probably i won't put that, just like putting any late Western European units. Let's keep the evolution of Georgian roster to become more eastern/oriental

Svan Crossbowmen-This is a historical reality
    Again, tight room for more new units. Also, tribal units usually don't fight in large numbers
    Or maybe just discard Svan Hunters and replace them with Svan Crossbowmen? Of course they will be trainable in later era

Tartar Foot Lancers ? - What do they want in Georgia?There is nothing like it in history books. But you probably want to insert it because of the Mongol invasion.
    I'm just trying to adapt with the new script. While personally i found this script is a bit odd anyway. Or i can use the new script for increase the unit pool for Monaspa (since Monaspa is filled with some steppe warriors, Tartars probably included)

Metsikhovne Archers is enough, not to repeat the same style often- I mean servants / msakhureuli archers of the same class. It's better Glekhi archers.
    Well, Msakhureuli Foot Archers is supposed to be a medium infantry for late era that can shoot some arrows. I can say they are a heavier archer than Metsikhovne. But that's a good idea.

I will correct the names, it will be so much beautiful and historical

Mountain Hunter - Svanian Archer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svaneti
    Megrelian Horse Archer - Egrisian Horse Archer
    Peasant Spearmen - Glekhi Spearmen
    General's Bodyguard - Chukhchi Bodyguard Cavalry
    Mtieli Swordsmen - Pkhovian Swordsmen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pkhovi
    Servant-Mokme 11th-12 th century , Msakhureuli - 13 th century ...

This is a nice addition
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; December 06, 2021 at 05:30 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

I think that's a good alternative. Yeah i can set the roster to be more offensive rather than defensive (more favor to horse archers rather than foot archers)
    high/late period Dismounted Aznauri archers - It's good if there are slots. If not, it will be more historic high/late period Aznauri horse Lancers and Aznaury horse archers

This is one of least possible outcome, so in the end probably i won't put that, just like putting any late Western European units. Let's keep the evolution of Georgian roster to become more eastern/oriental
    Yes, this unit is not a good idea. Because they did not take part in the history of Georgia

Again, tight room for more new units. Also, tribal units usually don't fight in large numbers
    Or maybe just discard Svan Hunters and replace them with Svan Crossbowmen? Of course they will be trainable in later era
    Better to be both. If not are slots , it is better not create Svanian crossbowmen . Svanian Archers , with a strong bow of 2-3 branches- this is a classic.It definitely needs to be in all periods

Tartar Foot Lancers
    Take them out of Georgia: D

Dismounted Msakhureuli Archers
    Maybe if there are enough slots. But it is better to create other necessary units first.

This is a nice addition
    Yes. These names are much better

Because I'm from a historical Pkhovi ( late pshav - Khevsureti) . I want to say one more thing- These warriors are my favorite unit because they are my ancestors.And I really like their ancient combat school and fencing.I'm proud that they never fled the battlefield. Who fled from the battlefield. He would no longer be taken back and his family ridiculed.The coward deserter's family was expelled from Pkhovi.There were very strict laws in the mountains of Georgia, And they had one tradition - if they killed an enemy, they cut right hands dead enemy and hang it on the wall of their own house.If you completely covered the wall of the house with the right hands of dead enemies - be a very cool warrior.They have been raised as warriors since childhood and trained in sword fencing

Pkhovi disintegrated in the 15th century - and gave rise to two region : Khevsureti and Pshavi
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khevsureti

Their character can be seen from the fact that for the Georgian people today, 300 warriors are saints and paint icons about them.Before the fight they said: Disgrace to those of us who will return home alive!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Hundred_Aragvians

Pkhovian Swodsmen never runs away from the battlefield. Wins or dies !
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 06, 2021 at 07:42 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Jurand of Cracow

You are Polish, you may know Russian.This is a book about Pkhovian sword fencing And hand-to-hand combat.
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 06, 2021 at 06:43 AM.