Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GEORGIA

11 th -13 th centuries Georgia is My favorite era.

I present another Georgian warrior 11-13 centuries. I painted my face

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Khevsur; July 20, 2021 at 06:46 AM. Reason: I edit helmets

I think it would be nice if a noble unit, let's say Aznauri, wield a mixed weapon between sword and axe.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    I think it would be nice if a noble unit, let's say Aznauri, wield a mixed weapon between sword and axe.
    I drew axes to show

Give axes and chekan axes only to the king's guards - Chukhchi . also Chukhchi units give round shields, Do not give them kite shields

In historical Georgian miniatures, the king's bodyguards have axes. It is also mentioned in historical sources that Lord - Eristavi used an axe.

Axes were a rarity among Georgian nobles.

Early period Tadzeuli , Aznauri , Msakhureuli and Monaspa - Give them swords

high and late period Tadzreul Give Maces
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 03, 2021 at 01:01 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I thought a lot about peasants And I think it's better. It will be done without much work and will be done more easily . Most importantly, it will be more accurate historically. About Georgian traditional clothes of peasants , I do not want to make a mistake. So is more accurate

Give Metsikhovne (Militia spearmens and Militia Archers) everyone Helmets with chain-mail and cloth coif. chain-mail and padded armors, Round shields with metal beams. Swords , Spears with Three drop.

These warriors can make a wall of shields and spears. They could form a tight formation. Georgians had heavy spearmens . Georgians also had Good Archers Infantry.The kingdom gave them weapons, armors and pay

Georgian Heavy infantry With infantry low boots

Give Msakhureuli Cavalry (Servants) same armors ,helmets , swords + Cavalry Lances and Cavalry Kite shields ( high and late era give them round shields) . The feudal lord gave them arms and weapons, pay

Give Glekhi (Peasants ) chain-mail and cloth coif , padded armors, Ordinary spear with one drop. (They will not have helmets and chain-mail armors) . simple shield .
    As for the peasants with Tsathi Spear(naginata type spear ) and with Apti Sword , Two handed Axes - Do these as peasants, but give them the proper weapons.There is a record in historical sources that the peasants had a chain-mail coif. peasant son inherited the family weapon.

Georgian infantry with Chain-mail and cloth Coif

What do you think about this?, I think so much better
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 06, 2021 at 04:15 AM.

Yeah it's good. But for Glekhi, i might only use one type of them

Either a two handed spear mixed with axe and sort of mace (to give an unique feel of peasant unit)

or, a short spear unit (in addition to be more accurate option rather than axe and shield unit, like any axe militias)

EDIT: i've been mistaken, i don't mean a short spear, but a sword-spear hybrid (Apthi)
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; July 05, 2021 at 08:30 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Yeah it's good. But for Glekhi, i might only use one type of them

Either a two handed spear mixed with axe and sort of mace (to give an unique feel of peasant unit)

or, a short spear unit (in addition to be more accurate option rather than axe and shield unit, like any axe militias)
    I thought one classic Spearmens unit was not enough. However if the slots are limited, Create a peasant Spearmens with Tsathi spears (Naginata type Two handed Spear) and Peasant Archers . Metsikhovne unit ( also Msakhureuli Cavalry ) give Helmets (Chain-mail coif Give only to the peasants ) - These will be classic infantry warriors,Georgian Army Basic Infantry

It will be the face of a peasant - chain mail and cloth coif, padded armor Or simple Georgian traditional clothes - Choka

Last edited by Khevsur; July 06, 2021 at 04:17 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

I draw a Svan warrior- Mushvan Archer . This is not completed. I will finish in the future.

It is very difficult to draw a Svan shield with metal rays. That is why there is so much confusion about old shields from frescoes and icones

Svan and Peasants archers Give this Cylindrical quiver.This is convenient for highlander hunter . So hang a bow and a quiver on the peasants. I thought about Svans and Archers Quiver.Finally I think it is historical and accurate. this is art of Teramo Castelli

Last edited by Khevsur; July 05, 2021 at 04:17 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Javelins Spears were rarely used in medieval Georgia. But, the historical source mentions East Georgan Highlanders were shooting Javelin Spears . Because it is effective in the mountains. Also, Higlanders had an ancient school of sword fencing.

In the mountains it is convenient to carry a bow, quiver and javelins on back
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 20, 2021 at 08:22 AM.

Soo, give Mtieli a javelin then?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Soo, give Mtieli a javelin then?
    Yes , Give Mtieli javelins.As mentioned in the sources. And Javelin is good in the mountains.

However, this is not a classic skrimsher - Who does not know close combat. On the contrary, he is the best fencer in Georgia more than any other Georgian warrior. And has more fighting brave spirit, than all warriors.
    East georgian highlanders never fled, Of course if retreating was not a guerrilla strategy,always fighting to the death. They had such a tradition - Escape meant the greatest shame, Because of this, his own people expelled him from the community.

I replaced the javelins with Triangle head javelins

Last edited by Khevsur; July 20, 2021 at 08:21 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

boys. We have new 11-12 century helmets in the Georgian helmet family, The more I read, the more I learn. Use them, However make balls in Georgian style on the upper side of the helmet

https://www.levantia.com.au/helms.html

https://www.levantia.com.au/caucasian.html

Last edited by Khevsur; July 06, 2021 at 01:51 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I think about Western Georgian Light cavalry archers , . in 17 th century Archangel Lambert says that Megrelian peasants have 3-5 horses. also in Imereti- kutaisi womens loves Horse riding tradition.There is a great tradition of equestrianism in western Georgia.

Visually similar, I study Weapons. I do not know exactly yet.

Last edited by Khevsur; July 07, 2021 at 08:58 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I drew the final version of Peasants. I tried in every way to create a general Georgian style. I think This units for peasants is ideal .Add these warriors to the peasant units

Final version of Georgian Peasant Spearmen

Final version of Georgian Peasant Archer

Georgian peasants Axes

Last edited by Khevsur; July 09, 2021 at 05:39 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

I have finished the work.I will wait for the units.

I formed about the spears. Because I read and learned more research.Give the warriors different spears.Finally give them such spears

Spears for Metsikhovne , Give them classic spears

Spears for Cavalry,. Give them classic Cavalry big spears.The cavalry spear had a large ball

Spears for Glekhi , Give them Different head spears

Last edited by Khevsur; July 09, 2021 at 02:35 AM.

Glekhi, the long-awaited unit

Left side: Base visual. Right side: Level 1 upgrade

In-game screenshots

Spoiler for base

Spoiler for Level 1 upgrade

For now, i just made a unit with 2 handed weapons (Tsathi, axe, mace). Maybe i will change my mind and make a unit with Apthi instead

Or i'll make both

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

umbracatervae777

it's good,

I have a note :

<White and black, beautiful colored clothes do not wear peasants, not give them . various dark brown , dark gray ,gray and brown is better.

Tsati is very big,Reduce its size

Georgians at that time did not have mustaches and Goatee beards, They had a Caucasian beard

Bags are not required,There are no such bags typical for Georgians. is send you georgian bag and horn cup.you can use similar form cloth or leather bag. attach on belt this georgian wine cup. georgians love wine very much and love drink

georgian drink cup
    https://www.google.com/search?q=%E1%...GEEJXVpPdWM_MM

I think we need Peasant Spearmens. Because Metsikhovne is heavy spearmen for general battle, feudal and kings give georgian militia weapons and armours. Metsikhovne is infantry for castle an for general battle .An Arabic source mentions Georgian peasants with three-pointed and two- pointed spears.&nbsp;These spears are in museums.I have previously mistakenly given this spear to the militia.Georgian peasants are partisans and defending their families. The peasant was more of a spearman, the cheapest weapon, and an effective means against nomadic cavalry it was

short apthi is a dubious weapon,We do not know exactly its visuals. Peasants with spears will be much more realistic and historical accurate, Because we have these spears
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 09, 2021 at 10:55 AM.

And what about Megrelian horse archers, are they have same equipment as peasants?

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

And what about Megrelian horse archers, are they have same equipment as peasants?
    they give medium Spear with bamboo stick and Bow , With cylindrical leather quiver on belts . Fabric on the head - in western Georgian style, Do not give hats, Megrelians did not have hats. Use Peasant archer main visual

peasants units with two handed units give only hats and coifs , this is eastern georgian type peasants
    peasants unit with spear give also east georgian visual, with hats and coifs
    archer peasants give cloth on head and neck in west georgian style
    Mingrelian horse archers also give west georgian visual , but cilindrical leather quiver on belt

Megreli Horse Archers head cloth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ADK_M5Y0pc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPQNLD7ifl0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoOTSuXqtd4

if cloth is on head , The essay will no longer be on the shoulders
    if cloth is on shoulders, The essay will no longer be on the head
    Do not use sharp black and white colors, peasants had simple dress

tsati delete this line. this is my mistake. Reduce head size
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 09, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

On some notes. I planned to give a peasant spearmen name "Molashkre Spearmen" just to add a little variation.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

On some notes. I planned to give a peasant spearmen name "Molashkre Spearmen" just to add a little variation.

Glekhi Spearmen is a very necessary and characteristic unit.

I read a book about the history of Georgian clothing

https://www.academia.edu/40972765/Ro...kha_Akhalukhi_

http://farig.org/images/pdfs/2016/guliko%20BOLO.pdf

I seem to have made some mistakes.

this felt mantles and Fur hats Georgians did not have in 12-18 centuryes .I really like this felt mantle and fur hat, but unfortunately does not match the 12-13 century. Therefore, give the Mtieli only chaun-mail coif . Svan give long Wolf and Goat Fur on clothes.

Georgian nobles Have colorful long clothes. Of a similar shape Georgian low class have similar shape simply clothes,However the length of the dress was up to the knees. The throat of the underwear was not high. Pants were not used.The hats were long and furry

Last edited by Khevsur; July 10, 2021 at 07:44 AM.