Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: GEORGIA

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: GEORGIA

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    yep, the small axe (3 or 5) would be good. Plus a medium-sized round shield - as scholagladiatoria has described, on the battlefield axes are used with shields.
    Such Georgian Medieval warriors are not known. It is late medieval combat and household weapon. I think anachronisms and fantasy are not good in a historical game. in medieval georgia in 10-13 th centuries were axes similar to two-handed Scandinavian axes, Medieval Georgian Warriors used Axes very rarely.

You like this concept of axemans, but it does not correspond to the Georgian reality. It is the same as the Polish hoplites phalanx. I personally know the author of this axes photo - Zurab Chumburidze, he is an incompetent person. He thinks that Georgians have a curved sword ,Because the Hittite sword is curved. but georgians curved swords is medieval Nomadic influence
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 03, 2021 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Such Georgian Medieval warriors are not known. It is late medieval combat and household weapon. I think anachronisms and fantasy are not good in a historical game. in medieval georgia in 10-13 th centuries were axes similar to two-handed Scandinavian axes, Medieval Georgian Warriors used Axes very rarely.

You like this concept of axemans, but it does not correspond to the Georgian reality. It is the same as the Polish hoplites phalanx. I personally know the author of this axes photo - Zurab Chumburidze, he is an incompetent person. He thinks that Georgians have a curved sword ,Because the Hittite sword is curved. but georgians curved swords is medieval Nomadic influence
    Now i want to know what exactly household tools used by peasants in 12-14th centuries.

-----------
    Anyway, this is how Aznauri units look like

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I realize that i often put dark colors for clothing, so i make it lighter now.
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; May 05, 2021 at 02:19 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Now i want to know what exactly household tools used by peasants in 12-14th centuries.

-----------

-----------

It is much better now

No. Dark and natural colors are good. Sharp colors are not required. Georgian men 's clothes were not of sharp Asian colors.What do you think about white horses? Dark clothes and white horse contrast will be beautiful .There were white horses in Georgia.

This helmet turned out to be difficult for you.here is similar to the shape of helmets and you can modify it

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...yable-faction)

In the near future I will upload the clothes and tools of Georgian peasants.I have already shown you the axes though. It was a twohanded Scandinavian axes like axes.It can be seen well on Georgian miniatures. It was a cheap weapon and Used against cavalry and armored warriors

My old drawing,there is similat type axe
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 05, 2021 at 03:20 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

lower blade of apthi spear

Different variations of peasants

Georgian Peasant Spearmen

georgian peasant with big two handed Mace - Gurzi

Georgian peasant with two handed axes

I created this based on materials and references from the 10th-13th centuries

peasants with two handed axes and two handed maces. with fabric coiff

hats - various dark brown colors,

Dark gray colors

in video is axeman warriors 3:30 , this axes is late medieval eastern type axes- Tabari. But the ax fighting style of Georgian warriors is understandable

5:25 See fighting style with short spears. But in the video they are fighting with sticks
    Last edited by Khevsur; July 09, 2021 at 05:22 AM. Reason: I added hats

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Msakhureuli and Metsikhovne 10th-13 th c

These warriors look like each other. But there is a difference . Msakhureuli is servant lancer Cavalry . Msakhureui Has Kite Shield, High boots , Has more chain-mail armors and more helmets.

Metsikhovne is Infantry warrior - Castle Guard . Metsikhovne has round shield . Metsikhovne has more padded armors and Less helmets.

Dismounted Msakhureuli Swordsmen

Metsikhovne
    Spearmens

Metsikhovne
    Archer

I used these materials- From the book of military historian Mamuka Tsurtsumia. Do not use luxurious helmets for these warriors. not use Sharp colors for Metsikhovne and Msakhureuli

Georgian archers shoot together with shields

Bows of Georgian Archers

Fabric coifs on Helmets

Fabric coifs

chain-Mail Coif

Padded Armors

Spears

Last edited by Khevsur; May 10, 2021 at 04:37 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Guys I'm done. I think I showed you everything.

Finally, I want to create a regional archers cavalry - Marbieli Cavalry . These will be the peasants. They will be fast. But They will not be high-class archers cavalry . They were chasing the defeated enemy and killed them.

Do you want this unit?

Also if you want late period 1350+ georgian medieval army ,Tell me and I will create the concepts
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 08, 2021 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    Guys I'm done. I think I showed you everything.

Finally, I want to create a regional archers cavalry - Marbieli Cavalry . These will be the peasants. They will be fast. But They will not be high-class archers cavalry . They were chasing the defeated enemy and killed them.

Do you want this unit?

Also if you want late period 1350+ georgian medieval army ,Tell me and I will create the concepts
    This unit actually exists in current version, named Msakhureuli Light Cavalry, which is a rename from Broken Crescent Georgian Horse Archers

Although in my current build this unit has been removed.
    Last edited by umbracatervae777; May 08, 2021 at 06:27 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

This unit actually exists in current version, named Msakhureuli Light Cavalry, which is a rename from Broken Crescent Georgian Horse Archers
    Although in my current build this unit has been removed.
    Indeed. If Marbieli Cavalry is better then the name may be changed. But some descriptions who were Marbieli would be welcome.

It hasn't been removed (or you mean a personal build)
    Code:
    ;===================================================================================================================================;- Georgia stables -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Msakhureuli Light Cavalry
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.17   3  1  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1		
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.13   3  2  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.09   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and not event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.13   2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN2_GOLDEN_AGE 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1		
            recruit_pool  "georgian light horse archers"  1		0.09   2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

; Tatar Lancers
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.13	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_invasion_warn 1 and not event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.17	2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.21	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource tartars and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.09	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_invasion_warn 1 and not event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.13	2  1  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource tartars and event_counter mongols_blue_horde_caucasus 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
            recruit_pool  "Naqivchaqari Cavalry"  1   0.17	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource tartars and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

; Monaspa Lancers
            recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.08	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
    		recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.13	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1

recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.06	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN3_SHOTA_RUSTAVELI 1 and not event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1  
            recruit_pool  "georgian heavy lancers"  1	0.09	2  0  requires factions { georgia, } and not hidden_resource georgia and event_counter GEORGIAN6_REVIVAL 1
    @umbracatervae - I will not do anything with the Georgian recruitment until we've got that Glekhi unit. Then, if @kostic would add it to the roster, I'd review the recruitment to include Foot Aznauri and Glekhi.
    Besides, I don't think there's a space for more Georgian units.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Msakhureuli- These warriors were not peasants. These were the servants of the feudal lords, the professional warriors - the shock cavalry. Which constituted the majority of cavalry in the medieval Georgian army. They had medium armor. These warriors were not light cavalry

As for the Marbieli cavalry - these were peasants, often not involved in wars, but used when needed. Please forget - broken crescent, because there are huge historical inaccuracies and chaos. I think I deserved to be believed because I did a tremendous job. And I showed that great knowledge about the medieval Georgian army that no one here knew before me.
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 08, 2021 at 08:31 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

This is a historically accurate medieval Georgian army. I worked on this roster for years.What do you disagree with And what is the reason? ?

Early era Georgian roster
    900-1235

Shock Cavalry

Chukhchi lancer - Kings guard and Body Guards Cavalry - Very Heavy - Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Stright sword, Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Tadzreuli lancer - Kings elite Knight Cavalry - Very Heavy- Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Aznauri lancer - Feudals elite Knight cavalry - Heavy- Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Monaspa Lancer - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry ( Kypchaks, Alans and Other Caucasians Mix) - Heavy - Disciplined and Trained (Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Msakhureuli Lancer- Feudals Servant Knight Cavalry - Medium-Disciplined and Trained - (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Horse Archer cavalry

Monaspa Horse Archer - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry - heavy - Disciplined and Trained (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Kypchak Horse Archer - Light - Mercerany

???Marbieli Horse Archer - peasants- light- (bow, dagger)I am not formed yet.Because in the 12th century peasants did not fight with horses and Geogians have only shock cavalry . because of this, Georgians hired a kypchaks. But some peasants owned horses and loved to hunt with bows.

Infantry ( dismounted warriors were not infantry warriors, but They fought like infantry in the battles of the city-castle.Horses can not climb the walls )

Chukhchi Axemans - Kings palace Guard - Very Heavy-very disciplined and trained-( Two handed Axes, Round shields)

Dismounted Tadzreuli Swordsmen -Kings elite Knight Infantry - Very Heavy- very Disciplined and very Trained (Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Dismounted Aznauri Swordsmen - Feudals elite Knight Infantry - Heavy- Disciplined and very Trained ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Dismounted Msakhureuli Swordsmen - Feudals Servant Knight Infantry - Medium- Disciplined and Trained ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Mtieli Swordsmen - East Georgian Higlander free people - Light - very agrresive and Trained (Straight Sword, Round small Shield )

Glekhi Swordsmen -Peasants - light - (Tsathi and round shield)

Spearmen

Metsikhovne Spearmen - Castle Guard - medium - disciplined and trained (Spear, Round shield )

Glekhi Spearmen - Peasant infantry - light - untrained (Short , wide Blade Fencing spear - Apthi )

Archer

Dismounted Monaspa Archer - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry ( Kypchaks, Alans and Other Caucasians Mix) - Heavy-discilpined and trained (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Metsikhiovne Archer- Castle Guard -medium- discilpined and trained (Bow, Sword, Round shield )

Svani Spearmen /Archer- West Georgian Highlander Infantry - light - trained (Bow, Short Spear , Round leather shield )

Glekhi Archer- Peasant infantry - light -untrained (Bow, dagger )
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 09, 2021 at 02:56 PM.

Chill, i don't mean to disagree with you (if that meant for me too)

Indeed, Broken Crescent roster is somewhat inaccurate. But can't be denied that those roster are pioneer of whole Georgian roster. Without that there's probably won't be any correction like you did.

Your roster is nice indeed, but that need more unit slots which already said by Jurand, there's no more spaces for that much units. Need at least 17 unit slots for one faction based on your roster, and that only for early era.

In my submod, based on my personal build. I'm gonna make the whole roster will be melee-oriented. Like you said before that Georgians mostly relied on Kypchaks to do archery job, and the Georgians prefer to face the enemy in close combat. So i'll keep most melee infantry and cavalry, while discarding all horse archers and only save a few ranged units mostly a low quality ones.

But i may change my mind in the process.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Chill, i don't mean to disagree with you (if that meant for me too)

Indeed, Broken Crescent roster is somewhat inaccurate. But can't be denied that those roster are pioneer of whole Georgian roster. Without that there's probably won't be any correction like you did.

Your roster is nice indeed, but that need more unit slots which already said by Jurand, there's no more spaces for that much units. Need at least 17 unit slots for one faction based on your roster, and that only for early era.

In my submod, based on my personal build. I'm gonna make the whole roster will be melee-oriented. Like you said before that Georgians mostly relied on Kypchaks to do archery job, and the Georgians prefer to face the enemy in close combat. So i'll keep most melee infantry and cavalry, while discarding all horse archers and only save a few ranged units mostly a low quality ones.

But i may change my mind in the process.

I just know English poorly and sometimes I speak rudely ,because I want to explain everything to you. Forgive me for that . I was helped by my friend. He speaks English well

I have been studying Georgian military history for years and observe every detail under a microscope. I limit myself to fantasies and only agree with dry reality. Yes broken crescent was the first. However, it is not useful for assessing historical accuracy. Because the Georgian roster is mostly a fantasy and the tools of the 10th - 18th centuries are intertwined. You and I are creating a very precise army and that's very good.

Georgian cavalry was a heavy shok cavalry. The crushing blow of the Georgian cavalry with large spears was known in this region. But they found it very difficult to fight against nomadically fighting Turks archers Cavalry, and that’s why they hired a Kypchaks Archers cavalry. Georgian cavalry started fighting with bows only in the 13th-14th centuries after the Mongol invasion. But they did not fight as nomads. Their main weapon was still a spear.

Can you tell me exactly how many units there should be? I'm thinking about which one to throw out. I think we should just hire a light Kypchaks Archers cavalry first. I also think there is no need for Marbieli cavalry, because during this period the peasants very rarely went to war, especially since the horses were owned only by the rich and their servants. Also, Georgians were not Archer horsemen. Finally, I would like to say that Georgians did not have light cavalry. They did not have a shortage of iron and high quality weapons. They were also warlike people and knew martial arts very well. The main drawback was the feudal system and disorganization.
    Last edited by Khevsur; May 08, 2021 at 10:37 AM.

At the moment, there's 15 units slot in Georgian roster

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

At the moment, there's 15 units slot in Georgian roster

How many units slots can Kingdom of Georgia have? What is the maximum limit?

I made a list, according to priorities. We can deleted :

1.Mercerany Kypchak Horse Archers- This unit will not be in the slot. But it will be possible to hire them in the Kingdom of Georgia

2. Marbieli Horse Archers - Because in the 12th century peasants did not fight with horses and Geogians have only shock cavalry .because of this, The Georgians settled the Kypchaks in the Kingdom of Georgia. But some peasants owned horses and loved to hunt with bows.

3. Dismounted Monaspa Horse Archers - These were the cavalry. Their duty was to move quickly to any region . This army was created by the king David-IV for this. But I think elite archers will be good.

4. Chukhchi Axemans infantry - These were the personal Bodyguards of the king(lords). They guarded king(lords ) everywhere. These were horsemen in General battle - However, the king(lords) also needs personal guards in the palace. in the sources these warriors are not mentioned to as infantry. They are mentioned to as the bodyguards . Achukhchi ( Chukhcherakhi, Chukhcharkhi) - This is the commander of bodyguards, Chukhchi - this is bodyguards unit of king(lords)

5. Glekhi Swordsmens - Peasants with Tsathi. I think it is necessary to be. really do not want this unit to delete. Because in georgian the sources these warriors are mentioned as peasant warriors - who fight with these weapons. I do not want to delete this warriors. deleted this warriors - only if it will be very necessary.

Other warriors I think are necessary.

The reduced unit roster looks like this. There are 16 units in total. in high era, 1236 -1350 We will remove Monaspa lancers and horse archers, We will add Aznauri and Msakhureuli horse archers , Also add Dismounted Aznauri Horse Archers.

Early era Georgian roster 900-1235

Shock Cavalry

Chukhchi lancer
    - Kings guard and BodyGuards Cavalry - Very Heavy - Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Stright sword, Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Tadzreuli lancer
    - Kings elite Knight Cavalry - Very Heavy- Very Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Aznauri lancer -
    Feudals elite Knight cavalry - Heavy- Disciplined and Very Trained (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Monaspa Lancer
    - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry ( Kypchaks, Alans and Other Caucasians Mix) - Heavy - Disciplined and Trained (Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Msakhureuli Lancer
    - Feudals Servant Knight Cavalry - Medium-Disciplined and Trained - (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Horse Archer cavalry

Monaspa Horse Archer
    - Kings Mercerany Foreign Regular Cavalry - heavy - Disciplined and Trained (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Infantry (
    dismounted warriors were not infantry warriors, but They fought like infantry in the battles of the city-castle.Horses can not climb the walls )

Dismounted Tadzreuli Swordsmen
    -Kings elite Knight Infantry - Very Heavy- very Disciplined and very Trained (Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Dismounted Aznauri Swordsmen
    - Feudals elite Knight Infantry - Heavy- Disciplined and very Trained ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Dismounted Msakhureuli Swordsmen
    - Feudals Servant Knight Infantry - Medium- Disciplined and Trained ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Mtieli Swordsmen
    - East Georgian Higlander free people - Light - very agrresive and Trained (Straight Sword, Round small Shield )

Glekhi Swordsmen
    -Peasants - light - (Tsathi and round shield)

Spearmen

Metsikhovne Spearmen -
    Castle Guard - medium - disciplined and trained (Spear, Round shield )

Glekhi Spearmen - Peasant infantry - light - untrained (Short , wide Blade , Fencing spear - Apthi )

Archer

Metsikhiovne Archer
    - Castle Guard -medium- discilpined and trained (Bow, Sword, Round shield )

Svani Spearmen /Archer-
    West Georgian Highlander Infantry - light - trained (Bow, Short Spear , Round leather shield )

Glekhi Archer-
    Peasant infantry - light -untrained (Bow, dagger )

Last edited by Khevsur; May 09, 2021 at 02:59 PM.

SSHIP is at the hardcoded unit limit. It is not possible to add more units without removing others.

Several of those as described seem very, very similar to generic units already present - Glekhi Archer & Peasant Archer, Metsikhiovne Archer & the generic european Archer unit, Dismounted Msakhureulii Swordsmen & Light Men at Arms, Chukhchi Lancer & the byzantine bodyguard - and could possibly be represented with generic units textured appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmalk View Post
    SSHIP is at the hardcoded unit limit. It is not possible to add more units without removing others.

Several of those as described seem very, very similar to generic units already present - Glekhi Archer & Peasant Archer, Metsikhiovne Archer & the generic european Archer unit, Dismounted Msakhureulii Swordsmen & Light Men at Arms, Chukhchi Lancer & the byzantine bodyguard - and could possibly be represented with generic units textured appropriately.
    I'm always baffled when I read this response though, I remember there are a lot of units all over the place in terms of historicity, ugly old models (compared to the newest added), and especially, there are a lot of super late game units (Late musketeers and pikemen, for example, well into the XVI century, leftover from SS6.4 I think). Not a critique of anyone's work, just aware that it could be pending work. (In fact, from the value side of things, I'm actually excited for it, since imo. SSHIP has improved so many things until now that I could've not even have thought of, while others like the EDU, which are more obvious, still remain as an open possibility, with various good revisions posted in the forum).

Georgia is one of the factions that are a unique addition to the SSHIP map, with a very distinctive culture and geographical location, personally, I would love to see a very well fleshed out roster for it someday.

Nemesis2345's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sindathar View Post
    I'm always baffled when I read this response though, I remember there are a lot of units all over the place in terms of historicity, ugly old models (compared to the newest added), and especially, there are a lot of super late game units (Late musketeers and pikemen, for example, well into the XVI century, leftover from SS6.4 I think). Not a critique of anyone's work, just aware that it could be pending work. (In fact, from the value side of things, I'm actually excited for it, since imo. SSHIP has improved so many things until now that I could've not even have thought of, while others like the EDU, which are more obvious, still remain as an open possibility, with various good revisions posted in the forum).

Georgia is one of the factions that are a unique addition to the SSHIP map, with a very distinctive culture and geographical location, personally, I would love to see a very well fleshed out roster for it someday.
    Well i was actually thinking on making a list of units in SSHIP that could be removed , then repurpose the free slots for actual hisotrical units.

One such units are the Peasants and the Levy Crossbowmen ( peasant crossbowmen are the same thing so definetely a clone unit) as much as other , and they can add more unique rosters. However, the work is monumental , so it is taken slowly

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

@Nemesis: this table might be helpful for your. There might be a few changes (and the prices of the knights were introduced) but in general this is a right list.

@Sindathar, @Fishmalk - I think you're actually both right, up to a point.
    - there's little space (perhaps 10) to introduce new units;
    - there're many late era units indeed, but given that the SSHIP should last till the gunpowder era, we shouldn't remove them outright.
    - Georgia has so many unique units that I wouldn't add many more.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    @Nemesis: this table might be helpful for your. There might be a few changes (and the prices of the knights were introduced) but in general this is a right list.

@Sindathar, @Fishmalk - I think you're actually both right, up to a point.
    - there's little space (perhaps 10) to introduce new units;
    - there're many late era units indeed, but given that the SSHIP should last till the gunpowder era, we shouldn't remove them outright.
    - Georgia has so many unique units that I wouldn't add many more.

It was a medieval Georgian army.The number of these units is similar Of broken Crescent. in late era we add only svanian crossbowmens. However if we want periods, new units must be created according to the periods. We must protect the organization of the Georgian medieval army, We need to create an appropriate roster. Otherwise, we will create uncertainty. I do not know English well and find it very difficult to explain everything.

How many units do you want to delete and what is the reason for this? I want to know the future. Because I want to work exactly. So I can not concentrate

Last edited by Khevsur; May 13, 2021 at 11:31 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

all period Maces,Warhammers and Axes for Chukhchi bodyguard cavalry and maces for high- late era Tazreuli cavalry

900-1235

1236-1350

1350-1500

Viking type axes were in Georgia in the 10th-14th centuries,

In the 15th century there were oriental type axes

tabari- late period short axe

Tabardzeni- late period long axe for chukhchi infantry

And finally an updated roster,I think I will not change anymore

Early era Georgian roster 900-1235

Shock Cavalry

Chukhchi Bodygyard lancers - Very Heavy (Spear, Mace, Axe, Chekan axe type Warhammer. Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Tadzreuli lancers -Very Heavy (Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Aznauri lancers- Heavy(Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Monaspa Lancers - Kypchaks, Alans and Other Caucasians Mix - Heavy (Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Msakhureuli Lancers- Medium(Spear, Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Horse Archer cavalry

Monaspa Horse Archers
    - heavy - (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )
    Kipchak Horse Archers - light

Infantry

Chukhchi Bodyguard Axemans- Very Heavy ( two handed Axe, round sheld )

Dismounted Tadzreuli Swordsmens - Very Heavy (Straight Sword, Kite shield )

Dismounted Aznauri Swordsmens - Heavy( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Dismounted Msakhureuli Swordsmens - Medium ( Straight Sword, Kite shield)

Mtieli Swordsmens - East Georgian Higlander - medium - (Straight Sword, Round small Shield )

Glekhi Swordsmen - light - (Tsathi and round shield)

Spearmen
    Metsikhovne Spearmens - medium - (Spear, Round shield )

Glekhi Spearmens - light ( wide Blade , Fencing Short spear - Apthi )

Archers

Dismounted Monaspa Archers - Heavy (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Metsikhiovne Archers- medium (Bow, Straight Sword, Round shield )

Svanian Spearmens /Archers- West Georgian Highlander Infantry - light (Bow, Short Spear , Round leather shield )

Glekhi Archers- Peasant infantry - light (Bow, dagger )

High 1236-1350 and Late 1351- 1500 era Georgian roster

Shock Cavalry

Chukhchi Bodygyard lancers - Very Heavy (Spear, Mace, Axe, Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Tadzreuli lancers -Very Heavy (Spear, Mace, Round shield, Horse Heavy armor )

Aznauri lancers- Heavy(Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Msakhureuli Lancers- Medium(Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Horse Archer cavalry

Aznauri Horse Archers
    - heavy - (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Msakhureuli Horse Archers - Medium(Spear, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Kipchak Horse Archers - light ( delete in late era )

Marbieli Horse Archers - light ( Bow, curved swords , round shield )

Infantry

Chukhchi Bodyguard Axemans- Very Heavy ( two handed Axe, round sheld )

Dismounted Tadzreuli Macemans- Very Heavy (Mace, Round Shield )

Dismounted Aznauri Swordsmens - Heavy( Curved Sword, Round shield)

Dismounted Msakhureuli Swordsmens - Medium ( Curved Sword, Round shield)

Mtieli Swordsmens - East Georgian Higlander - medium - (Curved Sword, Round small Shield )

Glekhi Swordsmen - light - (Tsathi and round shield)

Spearmen
    Metsikhovne Spearmens - medium - (Spear, Round shield )

Glekhi Spearmens - light ( wide Blade , Fencing Short spear - Apthi )

Archers

Dismounted Aznauri Archers - Heavy (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Metsikhiovne Archers- medium (Bow, Curved Sword, Round shield )

Svanian Spearmens /Archers- West Georgian Highlander Infantry - light (Bow, Short Spear , Dagger, Round leather shield )

Glekhi Archers- Peasant infantry - light (Bow, dagger )

Late era
    +Svanian CrossBowmen - light ( Crossbow, Dagger- Kandjali , Round Leather Shield )

Last edited by Khevsur; May 28, 2021 at 02:52 PM.