Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: GEORGIA

Default Re: GEORGIA

I have an idea, as always with historical accuracy in mind. At the same time, the number of units will decrease

deleted Caucasian hillmen- this unit is historicaly Inconsistency. make Egrisian warriors with bow, little shield, one and two axes for close combat. unit name is Egrisian Warband -in egrisi were many bandits and pirates . we have in region all Characteristic hired unit Armenian warriors, alan and kypchak warriors. Can you add Shirvan warriors, I do not remember if they are. Egrisian hilmen are not required. I would gladly do Vainakh and Dagestani warriors, but I could not find anything about that period

Svanian Warriors - this is better name for svan warriors, Because they are fierce warriors. Familiar with martial arts, archery and spear fighting. They have leather shield with metal beams and dots. This is a typical warrior for the geography of Georgia .Also out of necessity - the Georgian people were few, the enemy many and they must have been multifunctional warriors. Adapting to the environment to save lives.

What do you think about 1. Metsikhovne heavy Archer (heavy) with georgian light round shield-bow in hands and sword. and 2. Metsikhovne Light Archer (light)only with sword and clothing , ? There are exactly such pictures on the miniatures.Both have helmets. Metsikhovne was not even a low-class warrior. They trained of course in Castle .The feudal lord and the king gave weapons and money. History mentions Georgian archers from region Tao were shooting who fired very fast waves of arrows .Because of this, the enemy was defeated.

The tactic of the Georgians was to ambush in the narrow valleys . Successfully used mountains, forests and castles in mountains.they were guerilla wariors, Because they were familiar with this geography. During the war, the population hid in the forests and mountains, then rebelled, which saved the Georgian population from destruction. This is exactly what was happening in the history of Georgia. In the general battle, the main word belonged to the Georgian heavy shock cavalry.The Georgian cavalry was one of the strongest in the region in spear Charge and hand-to-hand combat .Georgians had very heavy shock cavalry - Tadzreuli - similar heavy bizantine elite cataphracts - There are Byzantine and Armenian sources about this . The Georgian cavalry found it difficult to fight the nomadic cavalry 11th-12th, they did not know the tactics of fighting with arrows. That georgans hired nomadic Kypchak cavalry and other North Caucasians for Monaspa . However, due to the victories, the military aristocracy and feudal cavalry lords did not learn to fight with bows- It was a shame for them.But then the Mongols came and transformation became necessary. I think a very very historic roster will come out.

I want to say about the faces in the units. We have to do the faces of a young 16-year-old boy, middle-aged bearded young strong men, and old men with white-bearded beards as well. There were few people in Georgia, the duty of the military aristocraty was war. The King of Georgia always fought on the front line and set a personal example to the warriors.He often kills the opponent general with his own hand.And morally defeats the enemy.There are many historical sources , They describe,vey brave and very "Kamikadze" warriors Martial Arts of the Georgian kings. You can Google it . Erekle II at the age of 75 was in the front line in hand-to-hand combat.David IV builder lost three horses in one battle. Very often old and 16-year-old military aristocrats fought in hand-to-hand combat. It's their job, it's their courage, it's their name and it's their favorite activity,They loved martial arts.Poems were written about them. Probably anyone who interesed about it will find the sources. Too many .
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 07, 2021 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khevsur View Post
    I have an idea, as always with historical accuracy in mind. At the same time, the number of units will decrease

deleted Caucasian hillmen- this unit is historicaly Inconsistency. make Egrisian warriors with bow, little shield, one and two axes for close combat. unit name is Egrisian Warband -in egrisi were many bandits and pirates . we have in region all Characteristic hired unit Armenian warriors, alan and kypchak warriors. Can you add Shirvan warriors, I do not remember if they are. Egrisian hilmen are not required. I would gladly do Vainakh and Dagestani warriors, but I could not find anything about that period
    Mtieli Swordsmen is planned to replace this unit.

This is why somehow mixing all the mountain clansmen units can be an alternative for an umbrella representative for those units

Svanian Warriors - this is better name for svan warriors, Because they are fierce warriors. Familiar with martial arts, archery and spear fighting. They have leather shield with metal beams and dots. This is a typical warrior for the geography of Georgia .Also out of necessity - the Georgian people were few, the enemy many and they must have been multifunctional warriors. Adapting to the environment to save lives.
    Let's see for it

What do you think about 1. Metsikhovne heavy Archer (heavy) with georgian light round shield-bow in hands and sword. and 2. Metsikhovne Light Archer (light)only with sword and clothing , ? There are exactly such pictures on the miniatures.Both have helmets. Metsikhovne was not even a low-class warrior. They trained of course in Castle .The feudal lord and the king gave weapons and money. History mentions Georgian archers from region Tao were shooting who fired very fast waves of arrows .Because of this, the enemy was defeated.
    Perhaps this is a more appropriate name for Foot Msakhureuli Archers. However, i planned for this unit to appear in late era to represent a slowly adaptation of nomadic warfare

I do not agree with mixing Mtieli warriors with others. according location, Socially, they are different in history and fighting style. Please do not lose face of the mountaineers by mixing with others. I think in Indonesia you had different warriors who did not look like others in fighting style. highlander swordsmens in Georgia, There was a different warrior. also they have original clothes and shields.i think Pkhoveli swordsmen with 2-3 javelins this is beautiful unit.

Egrisnian warband solves the problem of georgian peasant archers and Caucasian hilmen. 2 in 1 . Will be ideal for fighting in the forests and swamps of Egrisi

I think it is better to remove some Armenian units. I mean Dismounted Armenian noblemans .At that time Armenia was no longer in the Caucasus as a kingdom in the 12th century. And is not faction. I think there are too many Armenian units.

Just a Mokme/msakhureuli trained as a cavalryman. The Metsikhovne was even trained as an infantryman.
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 08, 2021 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kostic View Post
    @umbraca : Your project shows that you have mastered several points of the game. I personally hardly touched the files which allow the recruitment of units (EDB, campaign_script ... etc) for fear of coming into conflict with the work of JOC.It might be helpful if you were part of the team now as it keeps you up to date with beta additions with the developer feed.
    Yes kostic, i think also that @umbracatervae can be another sship team member( it is your decision) and both could "support" in improving units models and units rosters, i think that is a great addition!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I do not agree with mixing Mtieli warriors with others. according location, Socially, they are different in history and fighting style. Please do not lose face of the mountaineers by mixing with others. I think in Indonesia you had different warriors who did not look like others in fighting style. highlander swordsmens in Georgia, There was a different warrior. also they have original clothes and shields.i think Pkhoveli swordsmen with 2-3 javelins this is beautiful unit.

Egrisnian warband solves the problem of georgian peasant archers and Caucasian hilmen. 2 in 1 . Will be ideal for fighting in the forests and swamps of Egrisi

I think it is better to remove some Armenian units. I mean Dismounted Armenian noblemans .At that time Armenia was no longer in the Caucasus as a kingdom in the 12th century. And is not faction. I think there are too many Armenian units.

Just a Mokme/msakhureuli trained as a cavalryman. The Metsikhovne was even trained as an infantryman.
    If putting every mountain warriors in one unit is a bad idea, then just choose one or two tribal units which is most well-known.

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    If putting every mountain warriors in one unit is a bad idea, then just choose one or two tribal units which is most well-known.
    Svanian warriors with bow and short spears and Pkhovian pagan Swordsmens with 2-3 javelins. this two unit It is necessary.

for archers- Egrisian Axemans warband with bow is better . Msakhureuli is better create like as cavalry.We have Metsikhovne archers who have similar armor. two similar visual archers not are needed

Svanian warriors and Pkhoveli swordsmens First create them. Egrisian Warband -Think about them later.

Additionally - Pkhovian warriors did not obey the feudal lords, they were not peasants, they were free warrior Georgians. They had a Georgian cosmogonic pagan religion.Because of this there were revolts against the king, the feudal lords and Christianity

about Svanian warriors - Svans had Summerian and other deities from ancient world. There was a cult of the wolf. Mamber- is the lord of wolves in Svanian mythology .off course this deities transformed in traditions , but they were christians.

I want history to be reflected in the Georgian roster. I wanted to be free to do that.
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 08, 2021 at 03:36 AM.

Alright then, is Heavy Metsikhovne Archers wear armour like you post before?

Quote Originally Posted by umbracatervae777 View Post
    Alright then, is Heavy Metsikhovne Archers wear armour like you post before?
    for Heavy Metsikhovne Archers with light shields create maximum 1-2 short sleeves light chain-mail armour and padded armour on long sleeves clothes ,Armour sleeves to elbows.

for light metsikhovne archers without shields make only clothing , arms sleeves to wrist

Armuors sleeves should be short to elbows - to shoot an arrow well. Make Georgian clothes inside armour with long sleeves to wrists.

For Metsikhove Spearmens create long sleeves Chain-mail and Padded Armours, like as Mokme/Msakhureuli.
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 08, 2021 at 12:50 PM.

some Pkhoveli warrior face create blonde and red hayred, blue eyed. many blonde and red hayred people are in historicall Pkhovi territories

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Khevsur; December 08, 2021 at 08:19 PM.

svanian bow in details.With a rope he curved to the opposite side. It needs physical strength, is very difficult for a physically weak person. There was also a bow with two and one branch. There was even a method of shooting through the legs

Reconstruction of georgian composite bow. use for Metsikhovne Archers. Svan triple bow with rope - such is the side view

svanian late period Composite crossbow-Tskhemad

in georgia were slingers. in the Early and late Middle Ages.

Castelli Art-Svanian Slinger

It is also a miniature of the 11th-12th centuries

Last edited by Khevsur; December 12, 2021 at 09:24 PM.

I've modify the Georgian Village Archers texture, some parts may be inaccurate but i think it's closely accurate now. Just in case if low level archer and non-AOR is still needed
    Spoiler for base

Spoiler for upgrade

umbracatervae777

I am grateful to work for the Georgian faction.

But this unit ... It is a very strange unit ,I do not know what to say .They have strange clothing and hats

Maybe it's better to have my archers created?

If you can not, it will be unfair to ask you to correct.

Those hats are plentiful here, can help you perceive the shape

https://www.google.com/search?q=abkh...h=969&biw=1920

Maybe use the clothes you used to make for the peasants?I mean peasant infantry. Change the colors though
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 14, 2021 at 02:41 AM.

I may correct that, but maybe only small correction. Again, Village Archers is may or may not included in the roster

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

I actually like those archers. The unit can be well used for the Levy Archers that is universal to more factions in the Armenian Highlands Caucasus and around. As a matter of fact, I don't think there's a space for a special unit for Georgia given that there're already two or more special units (one is the ex-Svanian archers, now called Mountain Archers or soemthing, and the other is Metsikhovne).

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I actually like those archers. The unit can be well used for the Levy Archers that is universal to more factions in the Armenian Highlands Caucasus and around. As a matter of fact, I don't think there's a space for a special unit for Georgia given that there're already two or more special units (one is the ex-Svanian archers, now called Mountain Archers or soemthing, and the other is Metsikhovne).
    in broken crescent is levy archers and spearmen , i think They are better ,if you can not make the appropriate models, according to my research.I understand that this requires appropriate skill.If a person can not, it would not be good to ask for new models.

You asked me for low-class warriors, I found the materials and drew the concept art with the appropriate visuals.I think no one has worked on the faction in such detail. But for some reason we can not put the appropriate result.
    Last edited by Khevsur; December 14, 2021 at 11:26 AM.

in broken crescent is levy archers and spearmen , i think They are better ,if you can not make the appropriate models, according to my research.I understand that this requires appropriate skill.If a person can not, it would not be good to ask for new models.

You asked me for low-class warriors, I found the materials and drew the concept art with the appropriate visuals.I think no one has worked on the faction in such detail. But for some reason we can not put the appropriate result.
    FYI, Village Archers here are work like Levy Archers in Broken Crescent. They are a shared unit

I think it is better give them chain mail coif and Caucasian clothes. This way you avoid creating lots of hats.

In short, it is your will as to what the village archers will look like.

Please do not be offended, it's just a conversation, you are a good person , If you come to Georgia, I will invite you to me.

happy New Year. I found 11-12th century western Georgian hats .You can use it for Egrisian warriors or archers.Medieval sources mention long and pointed hats

https://www.academia.edu/44495094/Cl...f_Harichavank_

Last edited by Khevsur; January 03, 2022 at 11:39 AM.

umbracatervae777

I finally finished drawing these armors Accurate and relevant details
    I think the Georgian army is very accurate and well-documented.

~

The Georgian elite of the 11th-12th centuries looks something like this. Some armor and shields are missing here. But I think everything is known.I uploaded everything in this thread.

I visually corrected these mistakes
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post16065377

I did not know that this helmet was actually made
    https://www.res-bellica.com/en/shop/...eNOTbEzjdjgZOw
    Last edited by Khevsur; January 16, 2022 at 06:16 PM.