Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Nation, Empire - War

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Default Re: Nation, Empire - War

got it running now - i needed to put some files in the BI/NEW folder too

Sae's Avatar Libertus

To know exactly what the problem was, what file still needed to be placed in the BI / NEW folder?

i´m not sure anymore - but i think animation files for siege engines

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Okay, thanks for the advice it's good to know that there is such an error, I haven't encountered this error yet, which doesn't mean I don't have this error.
    I look forward to your further comments on beta 2

one question:
    i saw that the greuthingi goth´s have two religious units. both of them appear in the arian church line - but not at the same time and the first one in the arian chruch also appears in the nicean churchline.
    Is this a kind of development or are both units not meant to be able to recruit at the same time with the same building like other factions can build there religious unique units?

Sae's Avatar Libertus

In both factions you can also find the Arian church at Therving and Greuthungi.
    It is not yet fully developed but will be similar to other factions where it is and can build an Arian church where the Arian unit can be formed. Or it may be that one unit is a Christian in the Christian church and the other is an arian Christian in the arian church.

currently both units are recruitable in the arian chruchline, but at different levels and not combined at the highest level.
    the first unit from the second highest arian tier is also available in the highest tier of the nicean churchline. maybe it´s a bug? because the first unit is available at arian and nicean churches (at different levels), but the arian church in it´s highest tier will give you only the second unit.

it´s no big deal, but the goth´s (like all the other small barbarian factions) will be able to become a truely settled faction with alot of factional and religious elite units.
    like this concept to be frank to horde around and bcome an empire somewhere else
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; July 02, 2021 at 02:09 PM.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

I didn't remember exactly how it was, but it's good. Because if there is no Arian temple by default, AI cannot form a unit. In the penultimate development, Niujasatitpans I can be formed in the Christian temple, while Hairugudjans II can be formed in the final Arian temple. That way it will be good.

Hi Sae,

great to see you keep developing your mod. Best wishes and good luck with it...

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Hi Magnentius,
    Yes, I try development in every direction. Thanks! Next time, it would be nice to have a full version release.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

I have updated the path to download the first page!

Dear Sae,
    I do not understand how to install "NEW".
    I have downloaded the NEW_Omege_1.zip and unzipped it.
    I have copied/pasted the "NEW" folder (found within the NEW_Omege_1 folder) to my Rome TW/BI folder.
    But I have not found any Nation_Empire_War_Omega_1 installer as you mentioned.
    Please tell me what I have wrongly done!
    Yours,
    FFJean

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Sorry, I just looked at the installation guide, but it's not correct.

This is correct: NEW_Omege_1.zip file for installation instruction

1. Install Rome Total War Barbarian Invasions v1.6
    - if you do not know what version your game is, start it and go to the OPTIONS menu. In the upper right corner it should say ver1.6. If it says 1.4 you need to install the BI v1.6 patch.
    - the game needs to be a clean(unmodded) version of BI v1.6.

2. Unzip the NEW_Omege_1.zip file and place the NEW folder in the RTW, BI folder.
    3. Rght-click and drag your RomeTW-BI to the desktop and Create Shorcut
    4. Right-click on the new short-cut and choose Properties
    5. In the "Target" window in properties, ADD this line at the end: -mod:BI/NEW -show_err -nm" so the line may look like this:
    "C:/Program Files\Actision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI" -mod:BI/NEW -show_err -nm"
    Or to your separate partition where you installed Rome Total War ...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI" -mod:BI/NEW -show_err -nm"
    6. Once done, right-click again on the short-cut and rename it to Nation Empire War
    Last edited by Sae; July 16, 2023 at 09:29 AM.

Decanus

Hello. Quick question about unit costs: it seems like a lot of units have the same money cost - is that intentional or a work in progress?

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Geffalrus View Post
    Hello. Quick question about unit costs: it seems like a lot of units have the same money cost - is that intentional or a work in progress?
    At the moment, there are a lot of things in progress, which is why I haven't released a new version, but the unit costs are similar. Currently, what are the units that you say the unit costs are similar to?

Decanus

To clarify things a bit, I'm not complaining - it's just that I haven't seen a mod with such uniform unit pricing before. For example, take the Langobard starting situation: in their capitol you can recruit six units. The two archers both cost 315 gold and have almost identical stats - one of them has a better charge value, while the other has slightly better defense. The same thing holds for the spear and sword units. The spear units are both 362 gold - one has two points better defense, while the other has one point better offense and missile attack. Things are pretty similar for other factions I've looked at, where there's a lot of units that look quite distinct (lovely models) but cost the same and have minor stat differences. It stood out to me, so I was curious to see if it was an intentional design decision.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Yes, in this case, the unit prices are intentional, since one has 1 or 2 more points of defense or the other has less but better defense, the goal is rather to have two different units that are more colorful and effective next to each other on the battlefield.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

New Family Tree cards, per culture

7 Culture

Romano
    Eastern
    Barbarians
    Nomads
    Huns
    Berber
    Arabians

Foto:

Barbarians:

Eastern:

Romano:

Arabians:

Nomads:

Berbers:

Huns:

Last edited by Sae; March 23, 2024 at 11:50 AM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567