Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nation, Empire - War

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Nation, Empire - War

Hi Magnentius,

The fact that with Roxolans is easiest in the beginning and if you keep building your empire there won’t be many obstacles. If you started with one of the Roman Empires, I would ask for an report because I would improve it in the next version. Have you had a CTD or any error message so far?

We should test the latest release soon, there will be a lot of changes.
    Last edited by Sae; September 23, 2020 at 03:45 PM.

Which Empire should I choose for a test?
    In my Roxolan campaign till 380 AD there was no CTD or any error. Everything worked fine... 👍

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

didn´t had much time lately, but i also didn´t had any ctd.
    beside when closing the game. but the game is closed then anyway.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Magnentius View Post
    Which Empire should I choose for a test?
    In my Roxolan campaign till 380 AD there was no CTD or any error. Everything worked fine... 
    Choose the Eastern Roman Empire. All right and thank you, hopefully it will run smoothly from now on.
    I find it too easy for both Roman Empires, you experience, okay the beginning is harder but if the economy starts very well, it will go very well. Will I ask for an opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post

Thank you and thank you for your feedback!
    _Tartaros_ It's easy for you, are experiencing the Western Roman Empire. Will I ask for an opinion?
    Last edited by Sae; September 29, 2020 at 02:44 PM.

In the meantime I have already decided in favor of the Eastern Roman Empire and the campaign goes well.
    In the year 382 AD the Thervingi are in Thrace and tend towards Constantinopolis.
    In the east, the new emperor Maurikios Aelianus (I have established my own dynasty) won a few victories against the Sassanid Empire, but without conquering territories.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

The Thervingi, where have they attacked in which part of the empire, and with the economy and developments how are you progressing, with the Eastern Roman Empire?

Hi sorry, the Greuthungi arrived the region of Constantinople, not the Thervingi. Thervingi are a horde and goes into the provinces of the WRE.
    The Greuthungi arrived my empire through the regions of Tomis and Marcianopolis. But I build some forts in front of my capital and so they first have to conquer some of them...
    My economy goes well in most times. But when the cities grows there is often trouble in the Empire.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Against the population you build slave markets and destroy the animal farm so you balance the population with it, the more you need population, then the animal domestication starts again.

Thanks for pointing this out, with this I can slow down population growth a little.
    On the Eastern Front, I have meanwhile captured Nisibis and handed it over to the allied Lakhmids. With that I put a kind of buffer state between myself and the Sassanids. Now the fighting is raging for Arsamosata, the gateway to Asia Minor.
    I am currently struggling with financial problems. The massive armament of the military has left huge holes in the treasury. In general, however, I have the situation under control.

The Western Roman Empire always declared war on me around 380 AD. However, the Roxolans are not making any headway, they still have their original province and are not an ally for me against the Sassanids. In the west, the Franks and Alemanni are also not a great opponent for the Western Romans. I am of the opinion that every people needs at least two starting provinces in order to develop well. Or at least have the opportunity to conquer a weakly defended rebel province nearby. So I usually had better developments with the smaller factions in my own mods.

The next step is to repel (or sit out ) the barbarian invasion of Thrace and inflict further defeats on the Sassanids in the east.
    Perhaps I can venture a march on Ctesiphon via the northern route. The Caesar Jovinus Aelianus would be ready to do this ...

Greets Mag

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Magnentius View Post
    Thanks for pointing this out, with this I can slow down population growth a little.
    On the Eastern Front, I have meanwhile captured Nisibis and handed it over to the allied Lakhmids. With that I put a kind of buffer state between myself and the Sassanids. Now the fighting is raging for Arsamosata, the gateway to Asia Minor.
    I am currently struggling with financial problems. The massive armament of the military has left huge holes in the treasury. In general, however, I have the situation under control.

The Western Roman Empire always declared war on me around 380 AD. However, the Roxolans are not making any headway, they still have their original province and are not an ally for me against the Sassanids. In the west, the Franks and Alemanni are also not a great opponent for the Western Romans. I am of the opinion that every people needs at least two starting provinces in order to develop well. Or at least have the opportunity to conquer a weakly defended rebel province nearby. So I usually had better developments with the smaller factions in my own mods.

The next step is to repel (or sit out ) the barbarian invasion of Thrace and inflict further defeats on the Sassanids in the east.
    Perhaps I can venture a march on Ctesiphon via the northern route. The Caesar Jovinus Aelianus would be ready to do this ...

Greets Mag
    Thank you for sharing your position in the campaign, and you’re right to give smaller peoples a better chance to get started because they don’t book in the beginning that way. I've rearranged the map in many places anyway, but I'll still edit the economic situation.
    I will then ask for a situation report on the battles and territories in the east and the territories in the west as well. In general, what unit assembly do you use, what unit assembly does the Emperor use at any given time, e.g. against the Sassanids (e.g. at Ctesiphon) and what units are assembled in the western territories and how are you doing with the economic position?

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    Do you have a new development from the Western Roman Empire, if any, what would it be and your suggestion for a general lineup?
    Last edited by Sae; October 04, 2020 at 03:39 AM.

i´ve started a new campaign because i´ve updated the build and wasn´t sure about the savegame ability. this time i didn´t transform activly into christianity and have several areas (alps, northern spain and mauretania) that are heavily pagan. gaul slowly change via bandwagon - neighboring regions.

i lost my FL in hungary after the goths attacked my holdings. fought many battles there and there remnant now fleed north into vandal territory. alans and huns fight each other and huns take over the right side of the danube river (i´m neutral with them). economy is much better, making about 10th-15th per turn and many settlements are upgrading atm, slowly build up my econmy to support my professional units. alamans and saxon are very quite. they never attacked me. picts are struggeling to conquer more regions and i´m neutral with them.

i suggest a new region in the modern day slovenian area or switch the hebrid island (northern scottia). this island is never conquered and remains rebel for ever. the region in slovenia is the second line of defence and fill up the gap in that area.
    i ended up building a fort and fight most of my battle in and around this fort.
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; October 05, 2020 at 05:12 AM.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

You have a good you report and you are right about the North of Scotland, I also noticed that Dal Riadans do not settle (e.g. their name is Pictis, it changes and that of several other factions). On my way, I look at where to place the city in the Lower Illirian (Slovenian) Territory, because it was originally just Dalmatia.
    I will ask for further economic, factional and experience reports on your campaign. Thank.

Link below, with a larger map.

https://imgur.com/LPAsOeK

Emona aka Ljubljana/Leibach should fit best.
    Also Siscia looks interesting. I think Invasio Barabarium Restitutor Orbis has both cities in there map.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Yes, Siscia sounds good with the Province of Savia, but can I even fit Emona to the city of the Province of Savia, do you think?

emona is much more strategical, because it´s the second line of defence for the WRE and it shields the door to to the po valley.

another observation: it seems my generals rarely get new traits. i´m now 40 turns into my campaign and some governors didn´t get any new traits. field general the same. they mostly require new ancillaries, but rarley traits after battle. could be a trigger issue in edct.txt

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Okay, I'll look at the export_descr_character_traits.txt but I didn't take anything out of the original, I added.

If my English wasn't that bad I could write a much better report on the current campaign with the Eastern Romans. But I do my best...

I have now reached the year 388 AD, great trouble with the Sassanids and the Himyar in the East. The Sassas have no opponents apart from me and the (rather inactive) Lakhmids and throw one army after the other to the west.
    Meanwhile I have all my armed forces on the eastern border and repel the attacks. On the Euphrates I gave Nisibis to the Lakhmids as a buffer. But the Himyar attacked me surprisingly in 393 AD and my flank in Judaea was bared by troops. I also lost a big battle for Emesa and lost many men.
    Overall, the eastern units are good opponents and especially the Arab swordsmen are a great challenge even for my legionaries.

In general, the Sassanids lack another opponent, since the Lakhmids are weak and the white Huns only expand westward in the barbaric region. There should perhaps be fewer free regions to conquer, so they turn to the southwest more quickly. I had to break off the campaign to Ctesiphon because the Himyar threaten Palestine and Egypt.
    I will probably give up Palestine first, but I will try to hold Egypt. At the northeastern border the Sassas are in Armenia and threaten Anatolia.
    My armies in the east consist in most cases of 8 infantry units, 4 archers and 8 cavalry units. In the west there is more infantry and less cavalry.
    Legionnaires and cohors auxilia are the backbone of my armies. The cohors auxilia could do little against the Arab swordsmen. They were quickly defeated.
    The Equites Auxilia are quite weak cavalry. The Scholae Palatinae, on the other hand, are very strong troops.

So far I have not fought in the West, the Greuthungi have finally withdrawn and are now bothering the Thervingi, who have built up a great empire.
    My economic situation is deteriorating rapidly, and I have hardly any financial means to support the armies.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Thank you very much for your excellent report, especially in the eastern situation. It’s good for me because I can still shape the situation on the map and you can take it off the north-eastern steppe. Are the Sassanids also pushing south of the Black Sea to Anatolia, Cappadocia?
    In Egypt, a Legion and Cohors can be formed against the Hiamyars. The team is good, Equites Auxilia can only eliminate the fleeing enemy, so weak to fight anyway. How much gold do you currently get per round?

Hi Sae,
    yes, the Sassanids are in Armenia with some strong armies. There is also a missing opponent like the Kingdom of Armenia in other mods.

The Roxolans cannot really replace this empire and neither can the white Huns so far. But you're already working on their misguided expansion. It will be a lengthy battle in Armenia as the cities are sometimes far apart and therefore long campaigns are required before a significant goal is achieved. The movement points could also be a little higher.
    All my mobile armed forces are in the east; in the west I only have the garrisons in the cities and forts.

Right now I'm almost bankrupt. I only earn a little gold per round...
    I have an army cost of 45,000 and the corruption is also very high at 15,000. In addition, 6550 for the wages of the generals.
    12,300 farm money, 600 from mining, 17,700 from trade and 35,000 from taxes on the income side.
    The corruption is high and thats a really big problem for my empire.

The WRE is a little better off, but has lost Latium to the Vandals. The Franks, Lombards, Antes and Alans wander through Gaul and the Germanic provinces. The Huns have established themselves in the Thuringian area.
    Perhaps I would have to end the state of war with WRE in order to increase my trade with them again and thus improve my financial situation again.

Sae's Avatar Libertus

Thanks for the new report. Yes, I am currently working on the whole map in economic situations as well. In fact, the goal was not to be easy for the Roman Empires but I could be carried away. The Eastern Roman Empire is already doing quite well in my campaigns (in the new line-up, there will be tricks in developments such as
    walls that will be difficult to conquest, unfortunately it still takes a while to complete).

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast