Thread: Let's talk about disciplined formations and phalanx formations

Default Let's talk about disciplined formations and phalanx formations

I feel like these formations bug the out whenever I order them to attack something. their entire formation rotates randomly during a fight, causing awkward blobs and not facing the enemy... It feels so bugged compared to vanilla. they work well when stationary I guess when not ordering attacks. But somehow the AI can abuse these formations and still be effective.

Also, can we talk about why disciplined formations dont throw their ing pila? The micro managing in DEI is already obnoxious, now I have to let them throw pila and then put them in disciplined formation after that FOR EVERY SINGLE UNIT. Whoever thought this was a good idea?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Let's talk about disciplined formations and phalanx formations

All your points should be sent to CA as all your issues are base game issues and nothing we can do about it. Literally not a single thing you pointed out is moddable.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

Let's not talk about formations please
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Demosthenes26's Avatar Libertus

1. There are at least a dozen threads on this exact topic already, and the answer is always what KAM just said - its hardcoded.

2. If you group your units before the battle starts, it is just one click to change their formation all at once (provided all the units in the group have the ability to make that particular formation)
    Last edited by Demosthenes26; December 10, 2019 at 09:13 PM.

this is kinda the main reason why vanilla>DEI

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

this cheap bait. I've been in this community for a while, if there's one man I know who would take this shallow water bait, it is ThePoshBarbarian. PM him more of your opinions I'm sure he'll argue over it but otherwise yeah man I don't think anyone cares tbh.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

They will never fix the rotating phalanx bug. Check my post here andI encourage any of you reading this meesage to support my post by writting a comment there.
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...-broken#latest

Just edit the exe lmao

jks jks jks ........ But what if???? ....
    Last edited by skillfultree; December 13, 2019 at 09:23 PM.