Thread: Death of the MOD?

Default Death of the MOD?

Since the news began to come out about the appearance of a MOD as NEEDED as this one (none has been concerned with creating a scenario like the one in it, being as wonderful as the end of Antiquity is). Over the years I have seen very successful progress, with changes in structures even in buildings (something that in other MODS, despite being so good, nor are they...).

My question is simple... Are the original MOD team and its project dead? Will we see at some future (and real) moment this MOD in playability for the Rome Total War, as was the initial idea?

Cheers

Default Re: Death of the MOD?

Ages of Darkness II is dead and buried since looooooong ago already... As you said, there were some interesting previews and it's a shame we'll never see the mod come into fruition because it had some good stuff in it and of course it covered an era not yet covered by any other mod. An era which is, in fact, very underepresented in the gaming industry since always.
    The problem with AoD II, and this is a bit controverse perhaps, but I have the same the opinion that other persons have here at twcenter, was that the mod leader/mentor/creator, Pompeius Magnus got lost in little details and discussions that didn't nothing to advance the mod. Because, in reality, and this was more noticeable in his latest posts or "news" and "small previews", Ages of Darkness II started to be used as a way to promote Pompeius' own research work and writings (whose quality one may eventually discuss, with points of view which are debatable, but that is always the case with History as science, and it's not the matter here, anyway), and it became clear that it was all that mattered to him. It became clear even before this sub-forum was "abandoned", that the mod was doomed. And like I said, it was a long, long, time ago.
    Last edited by _TotalWar_; December 09, 2019 at 03:38 PM. Reason: typo

I managed to find him on facebook and I begged him to upload the mod in this forum, in whatever state it is and I would take over it. Unfortunately, I did not receive any answer.

Dear Leon,
    Indeed PM's position look very surprising. Too bad if he can't even share what was done.
    Yours,
    FFJean

Yes. We have to retrieve the files. Could we find the other modders?