Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replicating the Mobile Port of Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasions' Romano-British Campaign over to the P.C. version of Barbarian Invasion

Default Replicating the Mobile Port of Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasions' Romano-British Campaign over to the P.C. version of Barbarian Invasion

Dear people of the internet & fellow Total War fans,

Is there, to your knowledge, any way that we might get the Romano-British incorporated into B.I. in the way that Feral Interactive do for the mobile port of the game?

They have it so that, if you start a campaign as the R.B. (which is a faction selectable from the normal 'Imperial Campaign' menu screen) then the game starts mid-turn and then, when you begin the campaign, you only begin with a family member, and, without any cities. Would this be possible to create in the PC version of B.I.?

Aswell as this, I believe that the R.B. campaign begins at a different date to the other campaigns in the mobile version -- I am not sure though. (Confirmation on this point would be welcome).

Is anyone familiar with what I am talking about?

-
    G. Ward

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Replicating the Mobile Port of Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasions' Romano-British Campaign over to the P.C. version of Barbarian Invasion

I think this mod is what you're looking for, but there could be other mods so try search for those mods.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...vince-Campaign

Note, the link goes to a mod entry in the mod register for RTW.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Replicating the Mobile Port of Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasions' Romano-British Campaign over to the P.C. version of Barbarian Invasion

The principle would be the 'playable horde' (no starting settlement, not tested for RTW but should work) everything else is standard modding like faction and map creation and should not provide a problem.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 10, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

My bad, I forgot to mention one mod.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Ward View Post
    Is there, to your knowledge, any way that we might get the Romano-British incorporated into B.I. in the way that Feral Interactive do for the mobile port of the game?

They have it so that, if you start a campaign as the R.B. (which is a faction selectable from the normal 'Imperial Campaign' menu screen) then the game starts mid-turn and then, when you begin the campaign, you only begin with a family member, and, without any cities. Would this be possible to create in the PC version of B.I.?
    Not exactly what you described, but I know one mod that does that and that's the Rebel Commander mod which I always use when I play BI.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Thanks awfully to both of you for your contributions. I will give it a go over this weekend & see how I go.

I know a little abt. modding, so I'll see what I can manage.

Take damned good care of yourselves.
    Last edited by G. Ward; December 10, 2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: To strike-through the contents of the post.

-
    G. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    The principle would be the 'playable horde' (no starting settlement, not tested for RTW but should work) everything else is standard modding like faction and map creation and should not provide a problem.
    Thanks very much. I will have a look at doing this over the weekend, when I have some time. It seems reasonably simple -- conceptually -- though these sorts of things are always harder when you try and implement them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I think this mod is what you're looking for, but there could be other mods so try search for those mods.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...vince-Campaign

Note, the link goes to a mod entry in the mod register for RTW.
    Thanks. I actually have the mod installed, and it works pretty well, but, I think I'll look into a D.I.Y. solution, in which the R.B. are a playable horde -- that way, they can start settlement-less & I'll have to invade the Romans in Britannia.

My bad, I forgot to mention one mod.

Not exactly what you described, but I know one mod that does that and that's the Rebel Commander mod which I always use when I play BI.
    No worries. Thanks for returning to mention it. I will look into the Rebel Commander mod. Thanks for providing the link.

-
    G. Ward

Blog Entries

Do return to the linked thread if you have problems implementing the playable horde - I am subscribed to it.

Icon5 Re: Replicating the Mobile Port of Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasions' Romano-British Campaign over to the P.C. version of Barbarian Invasion

First of all:

Thanks for all of your help.
    I am starting work on this, i.e. looking over what you have linked & posted (the Mongol example). In your example, the line "london_province" has to be added to the Mongol entry in descr_strat.
    Why does this need to be added (i.e. what does it do?). Is there an equivalent that I have to add to make the Romano-British playable in B.I.?
    Presumably, I don't need to change the order of the Romano-British in the descr_strat file because they will not occupy a settlement, they'll just spawn in Britain -- near London.

Secondly:

I've heard about a specific command in the game-files which is relevant to the Romano-British. I have forgotten what it is called, & what it does, but, I presume, it is relevant.

And, thirdly:
    In the mobile-version, the Romano-British faction is professionally implemented. I.E. They have a description and a unique 'map' (i.e. when selected on the faction-screen, the image of the campaign-map changes to show the R.B. victory-conditions, and, give a representation of where they spawn). How do I replicate this (i.e. add a description for them, & give them a "map-image" with blue highlights & a little camp icon and a little sword icon etc. etc.). The image should be in the spoiler below. My apologies for the small-size / quality (it is a screen-shot of my phone-screen).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-163905_ROME Total War - Barbarian Invasion.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	790.2 KB 
ID:	360550

Do return to the linked thread if you have problems implementing the playable horde - I am subscribed to it.
    Thanks again for all of your help. It is much appreciated.

I hope I'm not being too presumptuous in asking for such detailed help.
    Last edited by G. Ward; January 27, 2020 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Added a more detailed description of the Romano-British "map" picture. & Added another quote from Gigantus.

-
    G. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by G. Ward View Post
    Presumably, I don't need to change the order of the Romano-British in the descr_strat file because they will not occupy a settlement, they'll just spawn in Britain -- near London.
    Actually, no, they don't necessarily spawn near London as they can also spawn on French soil near the British Canal.

Actually, no, they don't necessarily spawn near London as they can also spawn on French soil near the British Canal.
    Ah. Right. I didn't know that they could also spawn in France.

Also, I think you mean "the British Channel" no "the British Canal". It caused me some confusion :p (being an Englishman myself).

Thanks very much for your reply. Do take care.

-
    G. Ward

My bad, yes, I mean British Channel.

My bad, yes, I mean British Channel.
    No worries. Glad to clear it up & thanks for the info.

Blog Entries

The 'london_province' entry in descr_strat is the secret handshake to get a playable horde. In principle you just take any settlement (just not the first of any faction as that is the capital) from any faction (other then slaves) and move it's entry into the horde faction's section. DO NOT remove the settlement's garrison!! That garrison will make sure that the settlement goes back to it's original faction immediately at game start.

Not sure which command in respect to the RB faction you could mean.

The 'professional' implementation is just like any other faction - you will find the map picture in the imperial_campaign folder, descriptions are in the data\text folder if my RTW memory serves (campaign_descriptions.txt), in principle the same as in my M2TW tutorial, I am sure there is a similar one in the RW forum. Don't think anything has changed in that aspect from RTW to M2TW.

Don't think anything has changed in that aspect from RTW to M2TW.
    If you're referring to the descr_strat file then you may be right, but I know there is at least one thing that is a difference between RTW vs M2TW and that's M2TW use compressed mod packs e.g *.packs while RTW doesn't.

If you're referring to the descr_strat file then you may be right, but I know there is at least one thing that is a difference between RTW vs M2TW and that's M2TW use compressed mod packs e.g *.packs while RTW doesn't.
    And yet, Medieval II Total War is much, much, bigger in file-size (despite being compressed). Wierd.
    Do you know why that is? Presumably it is due to the Kingdoms D.L.C. (adding lots of campaigns, features ect.)

-
    G. Ward

I assume it is what you said it is, the DLC for M2TW are quite big, I mean there are what is it 4-5 different campaigns e.g Crusades, Britannia, Teutonics, America (Indians vs Spain).

Also, the campaign map in the grand campaign is huge with a great detail, plus reglious agents exist e.g priest, cardinal, inquisitor, grand inquisitor (I think) etc and religious agents for the islamic factions at the same time.

Add to that merchants that's trading in real time on various of sources on the campaign map.
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 28, 2020 at 07:20 AM.

I assume it is what you said it is, the DLC for M2TW are quite big, I mean there are what is it 4-5 different campaigns e.g Crusades, Britannia, Teutonics, America (Indians vs Spain).

Also, the campaign map in the grand campaign is huge with a great detail, plus reglious agents exist e.g priest, cardinal, inquisitor, grand inquisitor (I think) etc and religious agents for the islamic factions at the same time.

Add to that merchants that's trading in real time on various of sources on the campaign map.
    Yeah.

Blog Entries

The unit_models folder is 1.4GB, the blockset (building textures) folder 1.2GB out of a 6.6GB total (the main game). The ui folder is nearly 1Gb as well. The DLCs come in with roughly 7GB on top of that.

The unit_models folder is 1.4GB, the blockset (building textures) folder 1.2GB out of a 6.6GB total (the main game). The ui folder is nearly 1Gb as well. The DLCs come in with roughly 7GB on top of that.
    Ah. Thanks.
    Why didn't I think to do that :p.
    We're going a little off-topic. I don't know how draconian the T.W.C. are abt. that. I'll do some more stuff later and get back to you lot.

Thanks once again for all of your help & support.

-
    G. Ward

Blog Entries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast