Thread: Question About Secession

Default Question About Secession

I'm trying to understand something that happened in a game I am currently playing.

I'm playing as Sparta, my political opponent is The Disciples of Zeus. I have adopted all the opposing generals and have purged the opposing political party a few times (once I had the power of a god, to do such things). (Also, my current political situation is a kingdom).

I currently hold the political favor in all my regions accept 2-3 which I just recently conquered near Rome.

When the secession occurs this is what happens and I do not understand.

1: It occurs in a region I hold political favor.
    2: It is not the Disciples of Zeus, it is the Disciples of Poseidon and their armies are HUGE. There is only 1 general for the opposition to revolt and it has no units. Where the hell did these 3 other armies comes from?

Did this happen because I was purging the Disciples of Zeus? It says something about them going into hiding and will reappear. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Question About Secession

Your political opponent is the Disciples of Zeus, but the seceding party is the Disciples of Poseidon. As the player's faction expands, extra rival parties will appear, it sounds as if a new party recently emerged.

It sounds like you're wondering if the secession by a recently emerged party was linked to the purges. Your message saying that they had gone into hiding and would reappear sounds intriguing. I haven't seen this message, perhaps you have discovered an aspect of internal politics which I haven't seen.

You wrote that this occurred in a region where you hold political favour. The regions held by different parties can change over time, for example when the influence of parties changes or a new party emerges.

In my experience, if a party which secedes doesn't have armies provides by the player, the game provides them with armies.

If you would like to avoid secessions, you might find the discussion on another thread useful.

Default Re: Question About Secession

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Rogered View Post
    I'm trying to understand something that happened in a game I am currently playing.

I'm playing as Sparta, my political opponent is The Disciples of Zeus. I have adopted all the opposing generals and have purged the opposing political party a few times (once I had the power of a god, to do such things). (Also, my current political situation is a kingdom).

Number 1: probable that region was governed by a rival party politician

I currently hold the political favor in all my regions accept 2-3 which I just recently conquered near Rome.

When the secession occurs this is what happens and I do not understand.

1: It occurs in a region I hold political favor.
    2: It is not the Disciples of Zeus, it is the Disciples of Poseidon and their armies are HUGE. There is only 1 general for the opposition to revolt and it has no units. Where the hell did these 3 other armies comes from?

Did this happen because I was purging the Disciples of Zeus? It says something about them going into hiding and will reappear. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Number 1: probably that region was being governed by a rival party politician