Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: President Trump's funny insults

Default Re: President Trump's funny insults

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    The 'Pocahontas' thing is not funny, because it is supposed to be 'Fauxcahontas'...
    So this has nothing to do with racism, but we can and should criticize Trump for a missed pun opportunity.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

To be sincere, there are other threads that are more appropriate for discussing Warren's false claims of Cherokee heritage.

However...
    Trumps (sometimes funny) 2-3 word names for his opponents and the effect they have is an interesting topic. "Crooked Hillary" was not that funny but it was effective. "Lying Ted" was funny.

And then, we come to Biden: "Sleepy Joe" is kinda funny but I don't know how effective it would be. It's not like the people that vote in Democratic primaries would ever take advice from Trump. We're not just talking about democrat-leaning voters, we're talking about people affiliated with the democratic party that go out of their way to vote in the primaries which I would assume are more "hardcore" than the average person that would vote for the Democrats in 11 months.
    But... the name will have its time to mature and circulate by the time Biden comes to the forefront (if he wins). By that time, "Sleepy Joe" could (perhaps) be well entrenched in Republican mentality and perhaps some of the independents.

Same with "Pocahontas" Warren. Especially for Warren and her history of faux ancestry, the name could actually hurt her chances even in the democratic primaries. Not much, since after all the attacks come from Trump, but by calling her that, Trump may refuel cafeteria and over-a-couple-of-beers discussions about her that would have people choose someone else instead.
    But Biden has a better chance to win the presidency from Trump than Warren because he's far more moderate on issues. Some moderates would stay home appalled by their choices (or even vote for Trump-the-devil-you-know) instead of risking Warren's 20 Trillion plans.

As such, actually hurting Warren at this stage is ... bad for Trump. He should prefer Warren as his opponent or Sanders from Biden.

Speaking of Sanders... What's the nickname Trump has for Sanders? I don't remember it.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Nice echo camera that you have assembled here. Congratulations alhoon.

Does he have a funny name for Alexandria Ocaso Cortez? A young non white woman, certainly he have mixed feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Nice echo camera that you have assembled here. Congratulations alhoon.
    To be fair, it wasn't me that blasted the person that disagreed with me, even if I strongly disagree with you. The reason I post here is to have a discussion.

Also, to be fair again, this is not an echo chamber Mishkin, there are different views and approaches presented even if none of them so far considers Trump's words atrocious anti-Semitism. If you check the previous page there is a post that makes the argument Trump was joking there (thus the laughs of the audience) and another post that makes the argument that Trump thinks he's praising them when he calls them greedy.

You may disagree with all those views but they are different than mine. It's not an echo chamber, it's several differing opinions none of which aligns well with yours.

About AOC: That's another interesting thing. I would consider Trump's base absolutely hates AOC, so he would be well served by making a name for her. So far I haven't noticed him calling her anything.

EDIT:
    Trump's list of nicknames
    Some of these are damn priceless. Petty, downright elementary school level insults, but funny never the less when uttered by the PotUS.

Some of the nicknames I don't get, and some seem... well, lazy but some are funny. Including calling himself as "king of Debt" and "the Chosen One" (remember he lost the popular vote). I mean, come on! Either he's trolling people or he can really not see beyond his own image of himself if he can't see the irony in those.

EDIT2:
    Trump's at-the-time name for AOC is... Evita (Eva Peron).
    Eva Peron is very popular in Latin America despite Peron being a not-exactly good boy.
    Last edited by alhoon; December 09, 2019 at 12:27 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Blog Entries

Still freaking out about the concept of "funny insults" (from a racist, xenophobic, sexist (etc, possibly) government president), excuse me, yes of course continue with your party.

Still freaking out about the concept of "funny insults" (from a racist, xenophobic, sexist (etc, possibly) government president), excuse me, yes of course continue with your party.
    Ah, it's obvious that you do not understand the circus at all.

Trump's a populist, first and foremost. This banter and insults are part of it, he's portraying himself as the "man of the people", giving finger to the established political figures. It's just show for the voters, trying to get closer to the "average Joe".

And honestly, people getting butthurt by it are only helping him, especially if they're not the butt of that specific remark. Too much "holier than thou" that usually get on the nerves of anyone who can take and deal a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Ah, it's obvious that you do not understand the circus at all.

Trump's a populist, first and foremost. This banter and insults are part of it, he's portraying himself as the "man of the people", giving finger to the established political figures. It's just show for the voters, trying to get closer to the "average Joe".

And honestly, people getting butthurt by it are only helping him, especially if they're not the butt of that specific remark. Too much "holier than thou" that usually get on the nerves of anyone who can take and deal a joke.
    That

Is this thread an other attempt to normalize Trump's behavior?
    The Armenian Issue

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

This. I'm tired of people getting insulted on my behalf. These days no Jew can be accused of greed because it would be automatically considered anti-semetism, so I guess that there isn't a single greedy Jew in the world. It's almost like the stereotype has flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Is this thread an other attempt to normalize Trump's behavior?
    It's more about explaining it.

What he's doing is not out of place among friends (or well acquainted foes) in informal setting. He's doing it in public to both distance himself from the established political elite that's often viewed as stuck-up and out of touch with normal people, and show the public that he's one of them. It's an act, but there's nothing inherently racist or xenophobic about it. Just a banter intentionally made public.

For the record, I'm not endorsing Trump (and I wouldn't vote for him if I was American). I think he's a con man, a front that's keeping people occupied and polarized for better control, while real politic is done elsewhere. But he isn't really xenophobic or racist, not any more than general US public.

I think he certainly is xenophobic. He wants USA for USA citizens and screw those other people in far away lands with their sand and their wars or with their drug cartels or with their Russians etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    This. I'm tired of people getting insulted on my behalf. These days no Jew can be accused of greed because it would be automatically considered anti-semetism, so I guess that there isn't a single greedy Jew in the world. It's almost like the stereotype has flipped.
    Mishkin has declared it so it must be so.
    And you are a Jew, you don't count.
    I wonder if mishkin defends Omar etc or Corbyn...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Here are some (possibly slightly disjointed) comments of mine that I made in a tangential discussion:
    ------------------------------------
    'Pocahontas' is a native American figurehead\symbol from the early colonial days, wiki: "Pocahontas was a Native American woman notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia."

Donald certainly didn't mean it as an accolade towards the senator. Not sure what was funny about that to start with unless 'funny' means 'Weird, utterly tasteless and a disgrace by a American president'.
    It's a continuation of Donald's modus operandi: "It doesn't matter what you say. As long as you say it all the time until eventually it becomes the truth."

Allowing for Americans doing rather poorly when it comes to politics in general the desensitization caused by this approach is starting to bear fruit as witnessed by this article.

My take: if Donald gets another term then prepare yourself for the first God Emperor of America. All he needs is a suitable majority and he is already on his way to that, he is doing the ground work for it already in the first term.

So yeah, let's keep laughing about the mind boggling he turns out without pause. What's the count for false\misleading statements? 15K? It was at 13.4K in October...Pity no one is keeping is keeping score of his abuses, too.

It's been roughly 80 years since 'Wollt ihr den totalen Krieg?' and the similarities of the circumstances that culminated in it are chilling.
    Adolf created full employment as well while mocking diplomatic consensus, in the meantime dismantling the free media and subverting the judicial system on top of desensitizing the public to real issues by relentless propaganda.

Rings a bell, sounds oddly familiar? Here is a refresher before your common sense drowns in Donald's wave of misinformation: 'media is the enemy of the people' - 'more then 20 false or misleading statements per day'- 'conveyor belt appointments of Trump judges' - 'number of Trump supreme court judges' - it's not difficult to see if you fully open your eyes. Still don't think that's not bad?

How much longer do you think it will take to overcome the founding father's hurdles to prevent supreme rule? Another 4 years seems to suffice, given the current pace and the recent success in defying the senate by way of supreme court rulings (see above if you don't get the connection).

That it can happen in America while it seems much easier in Italy (they already had 'il duce' after all, maybe they learned) is extremely alarming - even more so is the whitewashing of the crap he is creating by pointing to the odd positive matter which may not even be his doing. Remember this classic?: "Adolf wasn't so bad, he got everyone a job and made the Germans proud."

So, yeah, keep on "making America great again"
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 09, 2019 at 10:46 PM.

It's more about explaining it.

What he's doing is not out of place among friends (or well acquainted foes) in informal setting. He's doing it in public to both distance himself from the established political elite that's often viewed as stuck-up and out of touch with normal people, and show the public that he's one of them. It's an act, but there's nothing inherently racist or xenophobic about it. Just a banter intentionally made public.

For the record, I'm not endorsing Trump (and I wouldn't vote for him if I was American). I think he's a con man, a front that's keeping people occupied and polarized for better control, while real politic is done elsewhere. But he isn't really xenophobic or racist, not any more than general US public.
    That sounds awfully like normalizing.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

So many justifications, let's see if I understood. What needs to be done every time this person releases an outburst (In ths case insults) is to praise his wit and sense of humor, showing indignation is counterproductive because that is what he wants, for some perfectly fine reason. On a side note, do you know his reasons to act as an arrogant pathetic idiot, as he acts now, the years before he entered politics?

By the way, the news of complaints by part of the Jewish community was already given yesterday by other newspapers (The Guardian, The Washington Post i.e.), this was not an invention of a malicious newspaper the day before yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I think he certainly is xenophobic. He wants USA for USA citizens and screw those other people in far away lands with their sand and their wars or with their drug cartels or with their Russians etc.
    that's his speech, congratulations on buying it, the reality is that he is a stupid narcissistic who just wants power and to be considered some kind of demigod.
    Last edited by mishkin; December 10, 2019 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Here are some (possibly slightly disjointed) comments of mine that I made in a tangential discussion:
    'Pocahontas' is a native American figurehead\symbol from the early colonial days, wiki: "Pocahontas was a Native American woman notable for her association with the colonial settlement at Jamestown, Virginia."

Donald certainly didn't mean it as an accolade towards the senator. Not sure what was funny about that to start with unless 'funny' means 'Weird, utterly tasteless and a disgrace by a American president'.
    It's a continuation of Donald's modus operandi: "It doesn't matter what you say. As long as you say it all the time until eventually it becomes the truth."

Allowing for Americans doing rather poorly when it comes to politics in general the desensitization caused by this approach is starting to bear fruit as witnessed by this article.

My take: if Donald gets another term then prepare yourself for the first God Emperor of America. All he needs is a suitable majority and he is already on his way to that, he is doing the ground work for it already in the first term.

So yeah, let's keep laughing about the mind boggling he turns out without pause. What's the count for false\misleading statements? 15K? It was at 13.4K in October...Pity no one is keeping is keeping score of his abuses, too.

It's been roughly 80 years since 'Wollt ihr den totalen Krieg?' and the similarities of the circumstances that culminated in it are chilling.
    Adolf created full employment as well while mocking diplomatic consensus, in the meantime dismantling the free media and subverting the judicial system on top of desensitizing the public to real issues by relentless propaganda.

Rings a bell, sounds oddly familiar? Here is a refresher before your common sense drowns in Donald's wave of misinformation: 'media is the enemy of the people' - 'more then 20 false or misleading statements per day'- 'conveyor belt appointments of Trump judges' - 'number of Trump supreme court judges' - it's not difficult to see if you fully open your eyes. Still don't think that's not bad?

How much longer do you think it will take to overcome the founding father's hurdles to prevent supreme rule? Another 4 years seems to suffice, given the current pace and the recent success in defying the senate by way of supreme court rulings (see above if you don't get the connection).

That it can happen in America while it seems much easier in Italy (they already had 'il duce' after all, maybe they learned) is extremely alarming - even more so is the whitewashing of the crap he is creating by pointing to the odd positive matter which may not even be his doing. Remember this classic?: "Adolf wasn't so bad, he got everyone a job and made the Germans proud."

So, yeah, keep on "making America great again"
    It's even worse then that. The Germans of the day had a lot to be upset and afraid over (massive economic turmoil and unemployment, humiliating reparations ect) which made them particularly vulnerable to a demagogue who promised to make all of their problems go away in exchange for their blind obedience.

What is the excuse for Trump supporters though? They have a lot more going for them than some people. They live in the United States for crying out loud. They have opportunities that other people are willing to risk their lives for. But they would throw all that away for a conman who tells them that they're being persecuted because other people have rights too now. Their "big problem" is that non-whites, women, LGBTQ+ are starting to be considered first class citizens.

Geez. You guys really need to go out more. Looks like your sense of humour is locked up in basement like Epstein's girls.

It's just banter. Getting offended is the wrong move. Unspoken rule of banter is, if you deal a joke you're supposed to be able to take one in return. Call him funny nicknames in his face. Turn his jokes on him. This banter is a way for him to score points with the people that are too tired with politics, and given the last elections' turnout, there's many of those. Being able to beat him in his own game would sway them to the other side.

He's an act, I doubt his heart is in it. So he'll get offended and try to shut those down fast, and it'll backfire on him.

Blog Entries

Geez. You guys really need to go out more. Looks like your sense of humour is locked up in basement like Epstein's girls.

It's just banter. Getting offended is the wrong move. Unspoken rule of banter is, if you deal a joke you're supposed to be able to take one in return. Call him funny nicknames in his face. Turn his jokes on him. This banter is a way for him to score points with the people that are too tired with politics, and given the last elections' turnout, there's many of those. Being able to beat him in his own game would sway them to the other side.

He's an act, I doubt his heart is in it. So he'll get offended and try to shut those down fast, and it'll backfire on him.
    are we children in the schoolyard or what?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

...the reality is that he is a stupid narcissistic ...
    Stupid is the one thing he is not.

If used as expression of dislike it's, well, stupid. It's certainly a trumpesque hallmark. Never mind that it's somewhat normalizing and kinda defending the addressed, I mean how do you expect a stupid person to act rationally?

It's one thing to make a joke. It's another to constantly denigrate and insult others while pretending to make that joke. That's not banter regardless of the excuse you make. I am certainly not going to sink to that level and return the favor in kind as you advise, I rather join mishkin in his question: are we in a schoolyard where juveniles shout the latest insults at each other?

That said - the last election campaign was without doubt the most atrocious affair I have ever witnessed in American politics (well, McCarthy might give Donald here a run for that title) and I doubt it will improve this time - not if the stance you expressed here is any base to go by.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 10, 2019 at 03:35 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Stupid is the one thing he is not.

If used as expression of dislike it's, well, stupid. It's certainly a trumpesque hallmark. Never mind that it's somewhat normalizing and kinda defending the addressed, I mean how do you expect a stupid person to act rationally?
    Just yesterday I was watching an old interview with Letterman. People have been laughing at him for at least twenty years. I have a hard time believing it to be a strategy, I don't know what reason a billionaire would have to make a fool of himself as he did. Narcissism stronger than his intelligence? Well, I don't know.