Thread: Events/Dilemma ordering.

Default Events/Dilemma ordering.

So I created a mod to make all the legendary characters to join the faction I am playing, but they are joining in random order even though I ordered them properly in the mod pack.

Ex.

3k_main_historical_cao_sima_yi_npc_incident CND_FIRST_ROUND 1
    3k_main_char_historical_zhou_yu_spawns_incident CND_FIRST_ROUND 2
    3k_main_historical_liu_zhuge_liang_npc_incident CND_FIRST_ROUND 3
    3k_main_historical_liu_zhao_yun_joins_pc_incident CND_FIRST_ROUND 4

Along with their proper options like CND_CATEGORY_ROUNDS_TILL_NEXT, CND_LAST_ROUND, CND_FACTION, VAR_CHANCE, etc.

They are working properly and they join my faction BUT they join in random order.
    Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks!

Also how can I make events/dilemmas occur more than one per turn?
    Last edited by Leonardo; December 07, 2019 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Default Re: Events/Dilemma ordering.

Firstly,

There is a random chance to all of these,
    CND_FIRST_ROUND simply means this is the first round it COULD happen, doesnt mean it will.

VAR CHANCE is also just a weighted chance.

CND_UNIQUE controls if it can trigger more than once

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod

Actually, you can check Dr. Goo mods on the workshop, his template is clean and once you figure it out, the rest is just to find the ID.

I can give CND_FIRST_ROUND 1 for all character, but add addition condition like:0:190 = Spring, 1:190 = Summer, 2:190 = Harvest, 3:190 = Autum, 4:190 = Winter. VAR CHANCE set to 10000

The only problem is to figure out the ID of the character like 3k_main_template_historical_lady_sun_hero_fire (ID of Sun Ren). For now, I am struggle to find the ID of Liu Chong to bring him to my faction and stop his death event.

Yes, the Mandate of heaven DLC added the new ability to specify a turn in a year which was not available before.

Still this doesnt guarantee anything .
    Any events with extremely high VAR_CHANCE can still interrupt,
    likewise other events using CND_ROUND_UNTIL_NEXT or CND_CATEGORY_ROUND_UNTIL_NEXT may also come into play.

There is no such thing as a 100% chance unless you want to script it in lua

My Mods
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TW Arena Campaign Generals (R2)
    Achilles (2018) mod