Thread: Earlier Map Mod - Trees - Where?

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Default Earlier Map Mod - Trees - Where?

I am wondering where THIS version of the map is?

The trees seem very different from those in V3.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/divide-an...uer-map-submod

EDIT: Apparently the TES TW Mod is currently utilizing them.
    Last edited by Live2sculpt; December 07, 2019 at 02:09 AM.

Default Re: Earlier Map Mod - Trees - Where?

This looks stunning.

Simply beautiful

It is not DaC V3.

I don't know where these trees come from or who created them so I can't help there however I wanted to say that I plan on creating brand new trees for the DaC campaign map in the future. That said, the trees I plan to make will look better than the current/vanilla ones but also won't sacrifice performance which is one major factor to consider for these kinds of models which are placed all throughout the map in their tens to hundreds.

So, if you can wait for a future installment of DaC, then please do. However, if you want to replace the current trees, just be sure to look at the file size of the current trees (the higher the file size typically means the higher the polygon count of the model) and compare that to any new trees you wish to implement into your version of DaC (or any other mod). Most DaC trees are around 10-15 KB each so I personally wouldn't recommend using a tree model that's more than 30-40 KB in size (this is referring to the CAS file type for the model, not for the MS3D or OBJ file type).

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteDwarf View Post
    I don't know where these trees come from or who created them so I can't help there however I wanted to say that I plan on creating brand new trees for the DaC campaign map in the future. That said, the trees I plan to make will look better than the current/vanilla ones but also won't sacrifice performance which is one major factor to consider for these kinds of models which are placed all throughout the map in their tens to hundreds.

So, if you can wait for a future installment of DaC, then please do. However, if you want to replace the current trees, just be sure to look at the file size of the current trees (the higher the file size typically means the higher the polygon count of the model) and compare that to any new trees you wish to implement into your version of DaC (or any other mod). Most DaC trees are around 10-15 KB each so I personally wouldn't recommend using a tree model that's more than 30-40 KB in size (this is referring to the CAS file type for the model, not for the MS3D or OBJ file type).
    Thanks Dwarf!

Araval's Avatar Primicerius

Theodron of the Blood of Numenor mod made these trees.
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-of-numenor1

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteDwarf View Post

Those are wonderful news! I will be sincerely looking forward to this. In addition, please take a look at EBII Flora models for Med 2. They are fantastic, and would be a great addition to visual aspects of DaC, in specific - battle maps. Thank you for the consideration.